New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:44 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Hey gang,
Is the stock stick channel at the proper depth and angle?
I hope so, it just got epoxied in.
This will be my first wing level motor mounting.
YES ... if you need to alter motor angle - the use small washers under screws that fix motor to the mount.

Do NOT use the lightweight mount that is in the kit - its not man enough for high power set-ups. Use a metal or thick plastic mount. Also it's advised (mine !) to use a BEAM mount set into that channel - it adds significant strength to the wing as that centre section is weak and thin.

Nigel
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:37 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
Thanks, This is PJ2 for me. The first was a stick with the metal L hi-mount.
This one is the black nylon stick mount with the motor hanging straight out the back.
First one was 350w. I'm going low power (200w) on this one for a parkflyer.
Hoping to get more than 2 or 3 flights out of the airframe this time.
Got the servos up top this time.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:15 PM
Pyrofan is offline
Find More Posts by Pyrofan
Registered User
Pyrofan's Avatar
so, what would yall recommend to make this plane go +100mph for cheap.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
Page 1 thru 74.
Seriously.
You'll want at least 2 airframe kits.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
so, what would yall recommend to make this plane go +100mph for cheap.
First cheap mod is to get your servo's on the topside of the wing and not the bottom, forget the stock motor mount and lower the thrust line, get a motor over 50grams in weight and 3500kv +, 40-50amp esc, depending how you mount your motor the battery will be 1800+ mah.

That should get you started in the right direction.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:25 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
First cheap mod is to get your servo's on the topside of the wing and not the bottom, forget the stock motor mount and lower the thrust line, get a motor over 50grams in weight and 3500kv +, 40-50amp esc, depending how you mount your motor the battery will be 1800+ mah.

That should get you started in the right direction.
Slight contrary to this ... mount servos in same underwing slots - but flip the arms 180 so they exit top of wing ... fit horns to top of elevons and connect. That gets the rods / horns out of the grass etc.

Strengthen the elevons - I epoxy glued balsa along them complete width.

100mph is easy to achieve with this machine ... once you get to 115mph - the graft begins to get that little bit more !
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:47 AM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Slight contrary to this ... mount servos in same underwing slots - but flip the arms 180 so they exit top of wing ... fit horns to top of elevons and connect. That gets the rods / horns out of the grass etc.

Strengthen the elevons - I epoxy glued balsa along them complete width.

100mph is easy to achieve with this machine ... once you get to 115mph - the graft begins to get that little bit more !
I think you misunderstood me? Mounting the servo on the top of the wing puts the linkages on top away from the grass etc.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
Flipping the arms 180 does too, without having to modify the servo hole. You just cut a slot for the horn to swing in.
Wish I'd done mine that way. Silly me cut the servo hole all the way through and put the removed foam plug in the bottom.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Flipping the arms 180 does too, without having to modify the servo hole. You just cut a slot for the horn to swing in.
Wish I'd done mine that way. Silly me cut the servo hole all the way through and put the removed foam plug in the bottom.
Lol the way you discribed is the way I do mine. Lol

Silly me �� but I find the servo arm to be a bit short the other way to get the pushrod close to the servo centre.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
chop stiX is offline
Find More Posts by chop stiX
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
Guys After being apart of this thread for over a year.I see now for the 1st time that the thread's name is misspelt.It says "HK EPO Parjet, ARF" hehe useless info but just an observation
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:44 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Lol the way you discribed is the way I do mine. Lol

Silly me �� but I find the servo arm to be a bit short the other way to get the pushrod close to the servo centre.
Doesn't matter ... I use long arm, rod in outer hole, connect to outer hole on control surface horn. That gives far too much movement as you would immedaitely tell me. That's where EPA comes in on the Tx ...

I cut my elevon movement to about 35% on EPA ...

Job done !

Nigel
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
chop stiX is offline
Find More Posts by chop stiX
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
I must say that I never had any issues with the linkages facing the bottom as the kit came.but then again I'm fortunate enough to have nice soft grass next to the runway to land on.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:50 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
On it's 2nd landing PJ1 came in a little hot in short grass and skipped about 8' before softly landing.
It had ripped a horn off and the rod fell off.
Never found them.
After repairs, that plane never flew well again.
Can;t wait to get PJ2 done and flying.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Doesn't matter ... I use long arm, rod in outer hole, connect to outer hole on control surface horn. That gives far too much movement as you would immedaitely tell me. That's where EPA comes in on the Tx ...

I cut my elevon movement to about 35% on EPA ...

Job done !

Nigel
Lol it's called resolution, and poor mechanical advantage.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Lol it's called resolution, and poor mechanical advantage.
Well .... servo smoothly moves with stick movement, centres reasonably, has more than enough power to move surface as I use 9gr on my record breaker PKJ1, and 6.5gr digitals on my soon to break records PKJ2. The full stick movement is still there on Tx ... but smaller arc by servo ... that would be finer movement of servo per segment of stick movement in my book.

Nigel


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby lobby F9F Panther EPO Jet Receiver Ready ARF smasher41 Foamy EDFs 1067 Dec 07, 2016 08:07 PM
Discussion HK AT-6 Texan EPO Plug-n-Fly 29.5" w/s Stuart Warne Electric Warbirds 12 Jun 14, 2011 03:47 AM
For Sale HK Mini-PITTS -- EPO, Brushless, Plug 'n Fly WRXronald Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 04, 2010 11:03 PM
New Product New HK Mini F-16 EDF Fighter Jet / EPO Plug-n-Fly CrashingDutchman Foamy EDFs 13 Jul 02, 2010 12:15 AM
Discussion HK's EPO F-16 WRXronald Foamy EDFs 5 Apr 11, 2010 03:47 PM