Nov 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
M Seid
Thread OP
Discussion

F3K Official USA Team Thread

To Rc Groups- Hand Launch Community-

There has been a bit of a delay in confirming the Team Manager position with the AMA. Ive worked with Coleen at AMA over the past couple weeks and I believe everything is in order. That has not delayed the planning behind the scenes, or the teams communication. I want to thank the team, and community for the confidence they have placed in me.

The Sr Team had its first team meeting last saturday. We discussed the minor things like contest schedule and practice for 2011, preliminary travel and logistics, insurance, etc, and then focused on the most important details like fundraising with our USA F3k Team gear including pajamas, hankercheifs, and most importantly, PA approved "Pimp f3k Team Slippers"- and the need for a sunglass sponsor! (*see below)

The Team will have its website up this weekend.

Where we are headed: Sweden
When we are going: Last week of June, 2011
How long we are there: 10 days.

Some facts about Sweden:

Individuals pay both national income tax and municipal income tax. In 2010, individual income tax rates in Sweden change between 54% and 61%, 57.77%being the average tax rate.

Average municipal tax rate by 2010 is 31,56% (was 31.52% previous year)
Average contribution to the Swedish Church excluding funeral fee is 0.99%
Average funeral fee is 0.22%
National Income Tax: 25%
AVERAGE TAX RATE: 57.77%
(was 57.73% previous year)

Maximum municipal tax rate by 2010, including contribution to the Swedish Church and funeral fee is: 36% (in SOLLEFTEÅ)
National Income Tax: 25%
MAXIMUM TAX RATE: 61.00%

(how do you say holy s&^T in swedish???)

November, 1972 issue of Playboy magazine sold 7,161,561 copies. A cropped image of the issue's centerfold, featuring Swedish model Lena Soderberg, became a standard image for testing image processing algorithms.

Sweden has an official Bikini Team.

http://www.swedishbikiniteam.com/members.html

The swedes like to drink:

"Successful businessman at 10 and entrepreneur at 14, Lars Olsson Smith controlled one third of all the vodka in Sweden while he was still learning to shave. For almost half of the 19th century he was known as "The King of Vodka". In 1879, he introduced a new kind of vodka called "Absolut Rent Bränvin" (Absolute Pure Vodka) produced using a revolutionary new distillation method. The method was called rectification, a method we still use today.

Without knowing it, Lars Olsson Smith had introduced what exactly a century later, would become Absolut Vodka. "

* On July 4th, 2011 in Stockholme, Sunrise will be at 3:40 AM and Sunset will be at 10:04 PM for day that will be 18h 24m 45s long!

This is the first FAI F3K World Championships! The team is honored to represent the United States and needs your help to make the effort successful. The team will be campaigning for sponsorship in a number of ways. We expect to have a raffle, a post contest auction where you will be able to bid on items used or flown by team members, and will be selling team gear. Some of this will take a few more weeks to organize and communicate. We would like to thank many of our industries product sponsors that have already been in contact with me about helping the team. There will be many ways you can help, but to start...

Many of you work for companies that have corporate donation matching programs. Your contribution to the team is tax deductible, and may be eligible for corporate gift matching programs. Please ask your employer if you have a program at work, and what the eligibility is. We need to stretch our dollars as far as they can go. You can make your contributions payable to:

"Academy of Model Aeronautics F3K Team Fund" and sent to the following address:

Academy of Model Aeronautics Competition Department
5161 E. Memorial Drive
Muncie, Indiana 47302

All sponsorship inquiries should be sent to Michael Seid - seid@mkcapllc.com with the subject line "f3k sponsorship". We are actively looking for all types of soaring manufacturers to DONATE product to our auction. Those of you who have relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, hobby stores etc- please introduce them to the F3k Team and ask them to help.

On behalf of the entire team

Paul Anderson (sr)
Jun Catacutan (sr)
George Morris(sr)
Nick Tasto (jr)
David Ashinsky (jr)
Lee Atchison (jr)

- we are excited to represent the largest, best, and most supportive community of pilots in the US. Thank you in advance for you support!

Michael Seid- Team Manager
Last edited by M Seid; Nov 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2010, 11:35 PM
Just fly...
Thanks, Mike!
Thank you very much, everyone, for your support!

Jun C.
Last edited by jcats; Nov 26, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
Nov 26, 2010, 08:57 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Thanks for the info on Sweden....57.77% tax rate, huh?
Like, Oh my God!
Nov 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
Jens Hoffmann
deleted
Last edited by jensdk; Nov 27, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
Nov 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Hmmm, I don't spend an extra 20% of my income on my health insurance.
Nov 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
Wait a couple years, you will. Their tax rate also includes free college tuition, day care, retirement pay, etc. Having lived in Sweden for couple of years a while back, I can tell you that their average standard of living (as well as life expectancy) easily outpaces that of the US. Living abroad can really open up your eyes to some of our citizens egocentric ideas.
Nov 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
Jeff Carr
What are the Bikini Girls gonna think about the USA boys in PJ's Hummmm

Jeff
Nov 26, 2010, 11:27 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21
Hmmm, I don't spend an extra 20% of my income on my health insurance.
Feels like I do.

Go get em boys. Looking forward to seeing you compete.

Cheers.

Mike Smith.
Nov 27, 2010, 12:04 AM
launch low, fly high
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwait
... Living abroad can really open up your eyes to some of our citizens egocentric ideas.
So true!

BTW, in order to clarify that this is a US centric official team thread, it may be appropriate to adjust the thread title...
Nov 27, 2010, 01:36 AM
M Seid
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe W
So true!

BTW, in order to clarify that this is a US centric official team thread, it may be appropriate to adjust the thread title...
brilliantly made point! and so the title shall stay, for at least another day. lol.
Nov 27, 2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
brilliantly made point! and so the title shall stay, for at least another day. lol.
>>> November, 1972 issue of Playboy magazine sold 7,161,561 copies. A cropped image of the issue's centerfold, featuring Swedish model Lena Soderberg, became a standard image for testing image processing algorithms<<<

Bonjour Monsieur Michel,

What's really brilliant is that Lena Soderberg will attend the prize giving ceremony in Arboga SCOOP

Boy, I sure am gonna try to win ! Well... at least I'll give it my best shot.

Yves
Belgian living abroad (up to my ass in French alligators)
Nov 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydevriendt
What's really brilliant is that Lena Soderberg will attend the prize giving ceremony in Arboga SCOOP

Boy, I sure am gonna try to win ! Well... at least I'll give it my best shot.

Yves
Well..................... Born in 1951 she might be just about in your agecategory
Nov 27, 2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hoekstra
Well..................... Born in 1951 she might be just about in your agecategory
Right on Alex ! She definitely is in my age category allright, but I'm not sure that I'm up to "all that" and besides that I doubt that she goes for younger guys like me (° 1947)

Cheers from France,

Yves
Nov 28, 2010, 12:57 AM
M Seid
Thread OP
For both Alex and Yves:

Vitals on Mrs Sjooblom- you should bring a measuring tape to the awards ceremony, in case you want to send an update to wiki....

Lenna Sjooblom
Miss November 1972
Playboy Playmate Pic and Data Sheet
BIRTHPLACE: Sweden
BUST: 34"
WAIST: 26"
HIPS: 36"
HEIGHT: 5' 6"
WEIGHT: 110 lbs

AMBITIONS:
I'd like to become an actress and top model.

TURN-ONS:
My husband.

TURNOFFS:
Men who wear shorts with white socks and black shoes.

IN MY SPARE TIME:
I read, listen to music, play with the dog, and love my husband.

DON'T TELL ANYONE:
My in-laws remind me sometimes of Archie and Edith Bunker.

FAVORITE TV:
"Night Gallery," "All in the Family"

FAVORITE PERFORMERS:
The Bee Gees, Ingrid Bergman

MY IDEAL MAN:
A 24-year-old advertising salesman who's nutty and chubby.

I SEE MYSELF:
With a big house in Europe with a big yard and a lot of children.
Nov 28, 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
For both Alex and Yves:

Vitals on Mrs Sjooblom- you should bring a measuring tape to the awards ceremony, in case you want to send an update to wiki....

Lenna Sjooblom
Miss November 1972
Playboy Playmate Pic and Data Sheet
BIRTHPLACE: Sweden
BUST: 34"
WAIST: 26"
HIPS: 36"
HEIGHT: 5' 6"
WEIGHT: 110 lbs

AMBITIONS:
I'd like to become an actress and top model.

TURN-ONS:
My husband.

TURNOFFS:
Men who wear shorts with white socks and black shoes.

IN MY SPARE TIME:
I read, listen to music, play with the dog, and love my husband.

DON'T TELL ANYONE:
My in-laws remind me sometimes of Archie and Edith Bunker.

FAVORITE TV:
"Night Gallery," "All in the Family"

FAVORITE PERFORMERS:
The Bee Gees, Ingrid Bergman

MY IDEAL MAN:
A 24-year-old advertising salesman who's nutty and chubby.

I SEE MYSELF:
With a big house in Europe with a big yard and a lot of children.
Michael,

Reading your message, I can only make one comment that makes perfect sense :
THE FINAL FRONTIER - Andrew Gold (3 min 25 sec)

Look forward to seeing you in Sweden. By the way : how are the Poway dates for next year coming along ?

If there's gonna be a prize for the best TM in Arboga, I will definitely vote for you !

Cheers buddy,

Yves

Quick Reply