May 26, 2011, 04:21 PM
Glad to share it. I was kinda amazed at the time and it was back in 2007. It took some trial, but it worked. Once I get settled, I want to try it again. I might even try a wing.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
Nothing Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzyoung
So inspired by this thread, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1334077, I grabbed a huge bottle of the original gorilla glue that I had lying around and decided to see for myself if this crazy notion of using polyurethane instead of epoxy was real.

If you skip ahead to the attached pictures you will see that grouch wasn't lying to us about how well this works.
Woa! Very cool. If it wasn't for Curtis' video, I never would have tried it myself. I am impressed with the finish you got on those wings. Nice job all the way around.
Jun 02, 2011, 01:21 PM
Tried this on new wing I am building. First wing half had a few blems that may have been caused by how I applied moisture, I wiped plywood sheeted wing down with wet cloth. Second wing half was wet with Water bottle mist and it came out great. Used piece of mylar to rub in glue as it was difficult to use roller. bagged for 3 hours.

Quick Reply