May 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Sorry guys, wrong thread. I don't own the edge
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
Whoooo!
Hey guys, are the control horns the same dimensions for all surfaces? I know the mounting portion for the rudder is shorter, but other than that is it the same? Pretty sure it is, but just wanted to double check.
May 22, 2012, 10:44 AM
Planes & Falconry my passions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger
Guys,
I'm ready to order lipo's for my blue/yellow edge and am undecided on sizing.

I'm running the Motrolfly 4315-480 on 6s and tossing between 6s3000 and 6s3300.

I read that some guys are having cg issues with the 6s3300 in that the plane comes out nose heavy and the lipo all the way back to the wing tube.

I was planning on running either vox/Xoar 15x8 or 16x7 wood props on mine.
I am using Xoar 15x7 and Skylipo 4400mah 40C 6s. They weight 660g. I have unlimit vertical and it floats at low speed. Everibody uses the 3300mah but they are out of stock (skylipo) so i ended buying the 4400mah and I dont regrate it at all. I have just 3 cicles on those packs and I am flying 8 min 30 seconds. I hope I can fly longer after more cicles. I havent tried the lighter batteries but so far i am happy with the batteries I got. I have the same color scheme as you (blue/yellow) and I am having issues with orientation so I ordered bright yellow ultracote and I will be covering the AIL and ELE on top of the plane to see if it helps me, I will post Pics!!
May 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
On a 60" extra, I fly both 3300 mah and 4000 mah gens ace 25c 6s, and to be honest, I can't tell the difference yet aside from flight time, which isn't the same thing as saying there is no difference.

For the sky lipos, stay away from the 30c...they are more like 15c if you want them to last, in my evaluation.
May 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
Planes & Falconry my passions
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k
On a 60" extra, I fly both 3300 mah and 4000 mah gens ace 25c 6s, and to be honest, I can't tell the difference yet aside from flight time, which isn't the same thing as saying there is no difference.

For the sky lipos, stay away from the 30c...they are more like 15c if you want them to last, in my evaluation.
I used to use just parkzone batteries. I have the 11.1v 25c 2200 mah for my small foamies. Then I bought the skylipos 11.1v 40c 2200mah for half the price. I havent have issues with this brand, I actually think they are better packs than other brand names in the market. I haven't tried the 30c that you mention but all that I can say is that in my personal experience, skylipos are so far the best packs that I have (price/performance). The only thing that I dont like is that they don't give you the right specs (hobbypartz). When I got the 4400mah for my Edge, I thought the battery would be 631g as posted in the website but they are actually 660g.
May 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
Whoooo!
Makin' progress. Tail feathers on, now to mount up the three servos I have and put the tail wheel on. Now I just need to come up with funds for motor, esc, RX, and lipos! Can't wait to fly this thing
May 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
Hey guys, are the control horns the same dimensions for all surfaces? I know the mounting portion for the rudder is shorter, but other than that is it the same? Pretty sure it is, but just wanted to double check.
I know they're the same on the 60" Extra. should be the same on the Edge.
May 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
Whoooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlloyd1995
I know they're the same on the 60" Extra. should be the same on the Edge.
Thanks, they are. Or at least they are so close that I could not tell a difference when comparing them.
May 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
Account Closed
Quote:
Makin' progress. Tail feathers on, now to mount up the three servos I have and put the tail wheel on. Now I just need to come up with funds for motor, esc, RX, and lipos! Can't wait to fly this thing
You will love it. I am still amazed. Motrolfly 4315–480. I think I am going to sell my ztw and get an ice 100 though. Just not satisfied. It is good, but I would like it to be a bit smoother.
May 22, 2012, 08:50 PM
Whoooo!
That will be my setup Rod. Ice Lite 100 & 4315-480 & 5245's. I soooo can't wait to get the funds together for the stuff. I have a man crush on my 51 Slick, but I've heard so many talk so highly of this plane, that I will be interested to see if it becomes my new favorite.

Is everyone using Dubro long arms all the way around on it? Know this has been discussed in depth, but figured it was easier to ask If y'all make me, I'll go back and search.
Last edited by StormJunkie; May 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
May 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
That will be my setup Rod. Ice Lite 100 & 4315-480 & 5245's. I soooo can't wait to get the funds together for the stuff. I have a man crush on my 51 Slick, but I've heard so many talk so highly of this plane, that I will be interested to see if it becomes my new favorite.

Is everyone using Dubro long arms all the way around on it? Know this has been discussed in depth, but figured it was easier to ask If y'all make me, I'll go back and search.
Yup.. Dubros all around..
May 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k

How did you come to this conclusion? Everybody including myself are very happy with the 30c. Although yea stay away from 30c that way they will be in stock for me.
May 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Account Closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1
Yup.. Dubros all around..
Yeah just be sure to get the long ones. There are 2 sets for the hitec servos, probably others. One long, one regular. I don't have the number handy but it is in this thread.
May 23, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d
Yeah just be sure to get the long ones. There are 2 sets for the hitec servos, probably others. One long, one regular. I don't have the number handy but it is in this thread.
Dubro 672 Long Arms for Hitec
Last edited by AeroTripleThreat; May 23, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
May 23, 2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker
How did you come to this conclusion? Everybody including myself are very happy with the 30c. Although yea stay away from 30c that way they will be in stock for me.
My son is puffing several 30C 1300 mah 3S sky lipos in a plane that pulls 27 amps WOT static with a freshly charged battery. He has the timer set to 4 minutes, and doesn't fly WOT much (it is a 3D profile plane).

I fly the same type of batteries in a plane that does 17 amps WOT static with a fully charged battery, and for this plane I fly WOT a lot, and my set of batteries are just fine.

The 15C is just an estimate. It certainly isn't 30C, not for the 3S 1300 mah, not for the batch I have. (I have 12 of these batteries total between mine and my son's.)

Quick Reply