Jun 01, 2011, 10:30 PM
If anyone purchased those Airtronics Servos for this plane and want to switch back to the Hitecs, I will be willing to buy the Airtronics Servos from you. PM me.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5beason
What flight times are the 4s setups getting? Watts? Amps?
See post's 1658 and 1681, and I believe I have added a little more time since then with more room to go.
Jun 02, 2011, 04:48 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines
yep.. I put a 16x8 on here just to play with.. had to limit my throttle to 58% and hover was better.. had more flo across the surfaces.. I would like to try a 4S set up.. but it would not be near as efficient..
the way it is.. It's dead on.. I should just not touch it..
With the torque/airboss combo, I'm running a 16x8, 5 cell 30-40c 2200 setup.. It only pulls 60amp at WFO! I can hold it wide open, and ring it out all day, with no heat issues! My packs come down warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5beason
What flight times are the 4s setups getting? Watts? Amps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
on a different plane, the guys are getting anywhere from 4-7 minutes on a 4s4000 pack, assuming 3.7v per cell on a 4s
pack pulling 95 or so amps, that would give you 1400 watts
I'm all for experimenting, but if you guys are purchasing packs? Go with the recommended set up(5 or 6cell). 90amps!! On 4cell is crazy! Eventually your going to over tax the gear.. I'm sure I would cook a motor and pack on the first flight with those numbers, and a 100amp ESC is just going to add weight.

The best advice I can give you, is stick with the stock setup, and enjoy your plane for many flights, trouble free..
Jun 02, 2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro
With the torque/airboss combo, I'm running a 16x8, 5 cell 30-40c 2200 setup.. It only pulls 60amp at WFO! I can hold it wide open, and ring it out all day, with no heat issues! My packs come down warm.

I'm all for experimenting, but if you guys are purchasing packs? Go with the recommended set up(5 or 6cell). 90amps!! On 4cell is crazy! Eventually your going to over tax the gear.. I'm sure I would cook a motor and pack on the first flight with those numbers, and a 100amp ESC is just going to add weight.

The best advice I can give you, is stick with the stock setup, and enjoy your plane for many flights, trouble free..
If it wasn't for the fact that I already had the 4s batts and didn't want to invest in more batt's I would have gone with the recommended setup. I am sure the recommended setup is more efficient. Now I hope that using the 4 cell setup isn't crazy, I don't consider my setup crazy, so far it has been working great. Now that the warm weather is here I will be monitoring motor and esc temps a lot closer, I'm going to finally invest in an IR Temp gun to keep an eye on it. At wot mine is pulling 88 amps on an 85 amp esc, I know that's cutting it close but the esc is rated at 100 amp burst up to 10 sec. With the power this puts out you will never need wot for more than 10 sec. unless you are crazy. If it starts to run too warm I may have to prop down a bit, I'll keep an eye on this and post any results. If you havn't invested in your power system and batt's yet I personally would go with the recommended components. So far the warmest weather I have run in is a little over 80 degrees, and I havn't had a chance to try it in the hot weather now because my motor threw a magnet on the tenth flight and I'm waiting for it to be fixed and returned. On the warmest day I flew it pretty hard and the motor came down fairly warm, definitely not hot at all, the batt and esc were also fairly warm but not hot at all, so I'll just have to wait and see. This is with a 15x8 APC.
Jun 02, 2011, 05:25 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Your motor threw a magnet because of the excessive amp draw. That's what I meant by crazy.. that was my point, your going to spend more time replacing gear, than flying..

I did the same thing with my 48" MXS.. I was trying a 13x6.5 on 4cell.. The amp draw was right at the max(48amp draw, 50amp ESC). 6 flights in I threw the magnets..
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 02, 2011 at 05:45 AM.
Jun 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
Finally got this thing early this week. Freagan Canada Post you Americans don't know how well you have it with UPS and USPS, it took three weeks because of them dragging their feet. To top it off they are going on strike tonight so I just got in the window.

I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the kit, it is my first EF but I have owned many other planes.

I would say the build quality looks the same as my Pilot RC SBach 50cc but the covering and attention to detail is well, well above. I can't believe the covering has not even moved and that’s a far stretch living in dry Alberta, the Pilot Sbach looked like an old lady within two days haha... I don’t think you can compare EF to H9 or GP… I also have a PA Addiction, flies great but what a POS in quality compared to EF. Not even the same class....

For my 100CC next year EF has won my business.
Jun 02, 2011, 10:32 AM
Slats, well know secret among Extreme Flyers..... like my chinese friend would say " Number ONE!!!!"
Jun 02, 2011, 10:32 AM
doggone it.. Put a hole in the wrong place.. Reading is fundamental. A sticker will be strategically placed.
Jun 02, 2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy
If it wasn't for the fact that I already had the 4s batts and didn't want to invest in more batt's I would have gone with the recommended setup. I am sure the recommended setup is more efficient. Now I hope that using the 4 cell setup isn't crazy, I don't consider my setup crazy, so far it has been working great. Now that the warm weather is here I will be monitoring motor and esc temps a lot closer, I'm going to finally invest in an IR Temp gun to keep an eye on it. At wot mine is pulling 88 amps on an 85 amp esc, I know that's cutting it close but the esc is rated at 100 amp burst up to 10 sec. With the power this puts out you will never need wot for more than 10 sec. unless you are crazy. If it starts to run too warm I may have to prop down a bit, I'll keep an eye on this and post any results. If you havn't invested in your power system and batt's yet I personally would go with the recommended components. So far the warmest weather I have run in is a little over 80 degrees, and I havn't had a chance to try it in the hot weather now because my motor threw a magnet on the tenth flight and I'm waiting for it to be fixed and returned. On the warmest day I flew it pretty hard and the motor came down fairly warm, definitely not hot at all, the batt and esc were also fairly warm but not hot at all, so I'll just have to wait and see. This is with a 15x8 APC.
Sucks that your motor threw a magnet. I've been having the same issues. Spend more time waiting for motors to be fixed than actually flying my planes.
Jun 02, 2011, 10:58 AM
Balsa to the Wall
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1
doggone it.. Put a hole in the wrong place.. Reading is fundamental. A sticker will be strategically placed.
Save the piece you cut out for the cooling vent. It makes a great screwup cover. Don't ask me how I know.

Chuck
Jun 02, 2011, 11:00 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz
Sucks that your motor threw a magnet. I've been having the same issues. Spend more time waiting for motors to be fixed than actually flying my planes.
What motors are you guys running? I haven't heard of any issues with the Torque, but I have heard allot of guys are trying to get the bugs worked out of there Motofly motors.

The only motors Ive ever had a problem with are my Omega's(48" planes), but there cheep and I abuse them.
Jun 02, 2011, 11:01 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
ttt
Jun 02, 2011, 11:05 AM
Great idea I would have pitched it. Doing it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Save the piece you cut out for the cooling vent. It makes a great screwup cover. Don't ask me how I know.

Chuck
Jun 02, 2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro
What motors are you guys running? I haven't heard of any issues with the Torque, but I have heard allot of guys are trying to get the bugs worked out of there Motofly motors.

The only motors Ive ever had a problem with are my Omega's(48" planes), but there cheep and I abuse them.
Motrolfly 3620-750. The customer service has been great and the motors perform awesome while the magnets are still attached. Is there a Torque motor that can put out 1200 watts on 4s that would work well in the Edge? At this point I'm open to suggestions.
Jun 02, 2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

Chuck
hahah .. Yeah Chuck.. Flazo called me a few minutes after posting and told me the exact same thing. To use the piece from the cooling vent.

Quick Reply