New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
Tom K. is offline
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Hovering over dirt = awesome. I love how everything parts below it. So cool! One of the days I took my 27%er out I noticed the tall grass was recently cut (out past the runway) and I went and hovered out over it and huge chunks of grass were flying up into the air! It was awesome! lol

But yeah, this plane is sweet!

--Tom K.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:39 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
I put about 8 packs through mine today, and each one was fantastic! I have been playing with KE Spins, and the rotation speed. We discovered that if you reduce the rudder input after it starts...it actually speeds up the rotation. I also worked on hovering in the dirt- today was especially awesome. No video, so it didn't happen, but the torque roll and hover of this are becoming very comfortable. I simply love this airplane!
I recently discovered that my Edge likes a good bit of opposite aileron to hold the KE spin nice and perpendicular to the ground.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Josef086 is offline
Find More Posts by Josef086
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I recently discovered that my Edge likes a good bit of opposite aileron to hold the KE spin nice and perpendicular to the ground.
I found you had to feet it in a little at a time.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef086 View Post
I found you had to feet it in a little at a time.
Very true and good point. It likes no aileron to get the KE Spin started and them it likes a fair amount of opposite aileron mixed in gradually to really get it humming.

But you're exactly right. Timing is important.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
Balsa Breaker is offline
Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Registered User
Balsa Breaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Very true and good point. It likes no aileron to get the KE Spin started and them it likes a fair amount of opposite aileron mixed in gradually to really get it humming.

But you're exactly right. Timing is important.
So I don't notice this on my edge unless I'm doing it and not even realizing it, I will have to try it. Are you saying little left rudder full down and right aileron?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker View Post
So I don't notice this on my edge unless I'm doing it and not even realizing it, I will have to try it. Are you saying little left rudder full down and right aileron?
Yes. Start with full left rudder and full down elevator with little to no aileron. Once the spin starts begin feeding in some right aileron.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
Luv3d is online now
Find More Posts by Luv3d
Honeybadger don't care...
Luv3d's Avatar
....careful with the power too....it will pull the plane right out of the KE Spin if you throttle up too much. It spins like a top at 1/2 throttle and only 1/2 of the rudder input, after you initially get it started.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
Tom K. is offline
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
I actually use full left rudder, a tiny bit of left aileron, down elevator, and about 1/4 throttle or less.

--Tom K.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:51 PM
Balsa Breaker is offline
Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Registered User
Balsa Breaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Yes. Start with full left rudder and full down elevator with little to no aileron. Once the spin starts begin feeding in some right aileron.
Thanks il have to try that, I've never given right aileron during one.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
I just put in an order for one of these...I shouldn't have skipped the edge...I guess I'd be a better 3d pilot if I hadn't.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:24 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I just put in an order for one of these...I shouldn't have skipped the edge...I guess I'd be a better 3d pilot if I hadn't.
This is a wonderfully stable plane with no bad habits. I can't stop playing with it!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
livinma1 is offline
Find More Posts by livinma1
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
I am off to purchase some Hitec HV servos.. I have them in my shopping cart on tower wow they are pricey. Stay turned my hyperions are for sale.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by livinma1; Sep 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:46 AM
hone1er is offline
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
I am off to purchase some Hitec HV servos.. I have them in my shopping cart on tower wow they are pricey. Stay turned my hyperions are for sale.
Man i hope you used the coupon code.

If anyone needs a motrofly 4315-480 or 4 hs-5245s for their Edge i've got them for sale in the classifieds right now.
Last edited by hone1er; Sep 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:41 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
This is a wonderfully stable plane with no bad habits. I can't stop playing with it!
I can't wait. Is EF in the office? My wife bought it for me for a gift... Well she will as soon as I get the invoice.

Hopefully it will help me make better videos...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
Balsa Breaker is offline
Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Registered User
Balsa Breaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Man i hope you used the coupon code.

If anyone needs a motrofly 4315-480 or 4 hs-5245s for their Edge i've got them for sale in the classifieds right now.
Why are you selling your Motrofly?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 12589 Dec 08, 2016 10:42 AM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 12:52 PM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 02:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 09:26 PM