New - Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP!!! - Page 10 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 03, 2010, 03:19 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo
This is a well known fact the Mark,,,,lost a lot of sleep due to this plane...Let's blame Chris from Extreme Flight.

fred

The only thing I blame Chris for Freddy is making such an awesome flying bird with such a great scheme. I can only blame myself for not pulling the trigger when I saw them in stock. If you think about it too long they sell out real quick. When they are in stock again I am buying a replacement.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2010, 03:40 PM
Registered User
bjohnson80's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats!
People have had issues with the 5245s, I have seen them in action. Not trying to flame Hitec I love all the ones I own but I don't think I want to spend $$ on servos that I have physically witnessed give people grief.

Anyone consider the futaba 9650s for this. The only negative that I can see is they are plastic gears wonder if this is calling for a disaster...... BTW I see Andrew Jesky has been testing his new Slick 59 inch with these servos and has been saying some pretty good things about them. Also one of the top pattern pilots is also using them in some of his applications... Faster, lighter supposed to be very accurate.
I used 9650's on my EF 58" Extra for the ailerons, and never had a problem. They are great servos, but not sure if the elevator on the new Edge is too large for a plastics gear servo.
Dec 03, 2010, 08:46 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro
Well I did it.. It wasn't intentional, but I sold every balsa plane I owen, except my EF 48" Edge, and 48" MXS..
Awesome! You're going to love adding this 60" to your fleet!
Dec 04, 2010, 11:24 AM
Twisted Realm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Awesome! You're going to love adding this 60" to your fleet!
Chris do you know when these bad boys are going to be for sale?
Dec 04, 2010, 11:39 AM
Jesus Freak
byHISgrace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats!
People have had issues with the 5245s, I have seen them in action. Not trying to flame Hitec I love all the ones I own but I don't think I want to spend $$ on servos that I have physically witnessed give people grief.

Anyone consider the futaba 9650s for this. The only negative that I can see is they are plastic gears wonder if this is calling for a disaster...... BTW I see Andrew Jesky has been testing his new Slick 59 inch with these servos and has been saying some pretty good things about them. Also one of the top pattern pilots is also using them in some of his applications... Faster, lighter supposed to be very accurate.
Readyheli.com used to sell a MKS servo metal gearset that drops right in the 9650, they work great in my Protos 500 heli. Matt
Dec 04, 2010, 01:16 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
Chris do you know when these bad boys are going to be for sale?
+1 .. excited
Dec 04, 2010, 02:36 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
Chris do you know when these bad boys are going to be for sale?
No more than what Chris H. has already said in this thread.
Dec 04, 2010, 02:42 PM
Registered User
vienquach's Avatar
Was testing a potential motor for the 60" Edge several days ago.

V50-410 KV from Vemon with APC 15x6

a) 6s-2200-20c, it only pulled 41A max and generated ~110 oz of thrust.
b) 6s-3800-25c, the motor was like on X pulled ~70A with the 15x6 and 2 magnets fell off.

Pulling 70A with the 15x6 on a 410 kv motor, that's kinda high, isn't it ?

Vien
Dec 05, 2010, 05:35 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
No more than what Chris H. has already said in this thread.
Thanks Chris !
Dec 06, 2010, 10:44 AM
Registered User
bjohnson80's Avatar
What size rudder servo does the Edge require? As I recall, the 58" Extra used a standard size servo for the rudder.
Dec 06, 2010, 11:00 AM
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
small servo, I am using the digi Airtronics one but a Hitec hs 65mg will work also.
Dec 06, 2010, 11:05 AM
Registered User
I think you are confusing the 48" and the 60". The first page they say they are using Hitec 5245s all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon
small servo, I am using the digi Airtronics one but a Hitec hs 65mg will work also.
Designed around the mighty Torque 4016T/500 brushless outrunner, Airboss Elite 80 Amp ESC and Hitec 5245 digital servos, the Edge has ballistic performance on 5S and 6S LiPo battery set-ups. 4S set-ups will also be possible with the correct Kv motor.
Dec 06, 2010, 11:08 AM
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Dang, you are correct... I got my threads messed up.
Dec 06, 2010, 12:55 PM
Extreme Flight Tech Support
exeter_acres's Avatar
Yep...5245's all around.
Rudder is in a push/pull configuration in the tail.
Dec 06, 2010, 01:55 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres
Yep...5245's all around.
Rudder is in a push/pull configuration in the tail.
Think I have those in my servo draw. I used those servos on my trex 500.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 12824 Nov 15, 2017 12:41 PM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 12:52 PM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 02:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 09:26 PM