Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:03 AM
Find More Posts by the#1
E-flight nut

Anyone else try covering large areas with Probond?

I did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Is this called skinning? Gel coating?

Anyways, I am wanting to try it, but I'm worried about the lumpy runs which will result.
It does seem like a very light and strong reinforcement coating.
Maybe try sanding between layers?

Please point me in the direction I should take to learn more about this use of this great glue.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2003, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by Andy W
It is not suitable for covering large areas. It is certainly not gel coat! If you want to use glue, you could use a finish-cure epoxy. It is very difficult to sand cured ProBond, and you will not get an even finish from it.
..a
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Probond is a polyurethane adhesive. Perhaps you are confusing this with a polyurethane finish?