Thread Tools
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:31 AM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
I'll always have a monitor backup ready.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:32 AM
Bilbobaker is offline
Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Suspended Account
Bilbobaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
If you don't make a rock solid connection for the liberator you will regret the saveings you made in the HP purchase

you will loose a plane
that is far more costly than the saveings on a HP deal for $100

the HP are very very unreliable
I don't pull or test the connections.
I sit in a lawn chair with plenty of slack.


I wonder how soon some enterprising fellow will offer bullet proof connectors or a means of fortifying the originals?

It's a great product just needs some robustness put in play.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:44 AM
Prof100 is offline
Find More Posts by Prof100
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
If you don't make a rock solid connection for the liberator you will regret the saveings you made in the HP purchase

you will loose a plane
that is far more costly than the saveings on a HP deal for $100

the HP are very very unreliable
David22--

Thanks, but we are looking for solutions not repeating what is already known.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:05 AM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
Rcgroups

has clearly shown all there is to need to know about the HP goggles.

this stuff has been repeated over and over agian on how to fix the hp and modifications.

even after makeing the connectors rock solid so there is no play at all, yuou wil find another problem

but have been already reported on rc groups

all solutions have been reported it is easy to look for the threads and posts


HP will not coome out with new goggles and solutions

you wil pay the price you tried to save in buying poor goggles not designed for fpv






Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
David22--

Thanks, but we are looking for solutions not repeating what is already known.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:11 AM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaker View Post
I don't pull or test the connections.
I sit in a lawn chair with plenty of slack.


I wonder how soon some enterprising fellow will offer bullet proof connectors or a means of fortifying the originals?

It's a great product just needs some robustness put in play.
the economy is so bad they wil not at this time develope better goggles
but more importantly redo the connectors

but rather sell out and clear inventory asap
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:19 AM
Vantasstic is offline
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx (edit: Oops, meant VRx) to the liberator.

As for video loss with static, I read that using a component to VGA converter (plugging into the Liberator's VGA port) stops the reported slow frame rate reported with high static. I don't have any source for such a thing though...probably a home made unit, but I'll try my via RCA cables first.
Last edited by Vantasstic; Nov 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:21 AM
Prof100 is offline
Find More Posts by Prof100
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
David22--

You may unsubscribe to this thread and please stop trolling. This thread is not to debate what's best, but what to do to improve the Headplay goggles for FPV without going on and on with tangents and rants as you are doing right now. So, please start your own thread on why you don't like Headplays and wait for others who share the same belief to join. Leave this thread alone.

Thank you.

Bill
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:22 AM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
there are 3 cell lipos that fit well inside the liberator that can be plugged dirrectly ito a deans connection as an example.

the 12 volt supply that is stock,the one that comes with the liberator is odd ball, and has a center pin thaty is not normal. hard to find but when found is a secure connection.

you will find the centre pin is not normal but needs to be fatter
it is an odd ball connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I bought the connector mentioned in post #8, fits fine. I have a couple of older Thunderpower 2000ish 3s lipos that still charge and balance OK, but power is down under load, so I'll use these to power my Headplays. I just tapped into the balance plug. I hope to find a project box of some lind to mount the liberator to, to hold the battery.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:25 AM
Prof100 is offline
Find More Posts by Prof100
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
there are 3 cell lipos that fit well inside the liberator that can be plugged dirrectly ito a deans connection as an example.

the 12 volt supply that is stock,the one that comes with the liberator is odd ball, and has a center pin thaty is not normal. hard to find but when found is a secure connection.

you will find the centre pin is not normal but needs to be fatter
it is an odd ball connector
David22,

Thanks, that was helpful.

Bill
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:30 AM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
Its not trolling at all

I
have done many tests with head play

and have done lots of research re headplay


Also have gone through two sets of head plays

Have fun with your headplays but I will give my opinion

and post pictures if needed


E=Prof100;16607487]David22--

You may unsubscribe to this thread and please stop trolling. This thread is not to debate what's best, but what to do to improve the Headplay goggles for FPV without going on and on with tangents and rants as you are doing right now. So, please start your own thread on why you don't like Headplays and wait for others who share the same belief to join. Leave this thread alone.

Thank you.

Bill[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:50 AM
2500GENE is offline
Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx to the liberator.

As for video loss with static, I read that using a component to VGA converter (plugging into the Liberator's VGA port) stops the reported slow frame rate reported with high static. I don't have any source for such a thing though...probably a home made unit, but I'll try my via RCA cables first.
Van,
Thats' a nice helmet there for winter but I can't see you enjoying it much in the Vegas heat.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:39 AM
bracky72 is offline
Find More Posts by bracky72
Questionable judgement
bracky72's Avatar
Just cut the end off the supplied wall adapter and solder a deans to it. I've never once needed a ac adapter for them.

For light blocking remove the goggles from the visor and implant them into ski goggles. I use gorilla tape.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:08 AM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx to the liberator.

As for video loss with static, I read that using a component to VGA converter (plugging into the Liberator's VGA port) stops the reported slow frame rate reported with high static. I don't have any source for such a thing though...probably a home made unit, but I'll try my via RCA cables first.
The way I understand it, using the 18r firmware stops the low frame rate problem. I installed the 18r (came with 20r installed) and played with them, even totally removing video signal, display came back immediately when reconnected.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:00 PM
Vantasstic is offline
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Van,
Thats' a nice helmet there for winter but I can't see you enjoying it much in the Vegas heat.
Yeah...part of why I'm looking at buying a white helmet. On another post someone put little 12v computer fans in a helmet for air circulation. In my search for helmets I saw some Horse Riding Helmets and Skate Boarding Helmets that would likely work well too...they'd certainly be lighter and already have lots of cooling slots in the helmet.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
Vantasstic is offline
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
Just cut the end off the supplied wall adapter and solder a deans to it. I've never once needed a ac adapter for them.

For light blocking remove the goggles from the visor and implant them into ski goggles. I use gorilla tape.
Might you have a picture of such a mod? I'm actually thinking of something similar of my Trimersions.

For the HP, that darn Liberator is not very liberating. I read of using a belt clip and such to keep it from cable/plug damage. The mounting of the goggles and liberator in a helmet looked like a pretty reasonable solution for an all-in-one setup.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Headplay New software for FPV Talajouy FPV Talk 35 Feb 05, 2011 02:26 AM
Build Log Headplay mods ashdec87 FPV Talk 30 Dec 27, 2010 12:03 PM
Discussion Four reason not to buy a Headplay goggle for FPV Talajouy FPV Talk 26 Nov 14, 2010 11:08 PM
Discussion 8 Reasons for not to Buy a Headplay for FPV gogi FPV Talk 84 Apr 16, 2010 11:47 PM
Discussion Headplay Video Goggle Question shmo70 FPV Talk 21 Nov 19, 2009 10:21 AM