Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Never Trade Luck for Skill
iwalton
I want to see Pics! How freekin cool is that! Is Dad still with us?
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by reno4sure
No worries, I've got your six
Shucked a fan blade last week on a botched hand launch after the fan sucked up some cow dung not quite desolved on the sod farm I fly off of. Thanks to xfatdannx I was able to get it back into the air this PM. Hey, xfatdannx...have a beer on me! I know some folks cuss this plane and have had issues, but I LIKE this plane. I don't have gear issues, cause I don't have a place near by to use them. So that illiminated lots of issues. It's not supper fast on the stock set-up (80 amp ESC installed) but it's ok..I will put an e-flite powerplant in my recently purchased kit version as soon as the motor arrives. This should improve speed. My issue is time of flight. If I could just get 1 to 11/2 minutes longer..that would be sweet. but, thats what she said too
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by xfatdannx
advanced n00b
haha no problem dude! glad to help! I don't have a lot of places with nice grass so i think i am gonna put the gear back on. I will do the flaps to help prolong the gear's life.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:09 PM
advanced n00b
if anyone has an extra set of the rudder push rods that come with this plane i would LOVE to accept them from you
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:35 PM
If I have them they're yours. I'll check

PM me your address. I'll send the ones out of my kit. I can make some more. I put a single servo for rudders on top of my plane. Saved one servo and doesn't look too bad. Just an idea.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:52 AM
advanced n00b
gonna use them for flaps. Reinstall landing gear. may be a little heavy to have the vertical i would like to get out of it but i would trade a little thrust for longer life of the plane and actually staying outta the hangar for a little more than a week
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by RC30Flyer
I am an addict...
ok... heres a video of my maiden. Eflite Delta V15 with 3600kv motor, 60amp ESC, turnigy 3300mah 4 cell. NO RETRACTS!!!! Hand launch only. She is a very excellent flyer, and the delta v15 sounds awesome! One of the most stable planes i have ever flown... and i have flown planes from parkzone to a 30cc Yak54. Extremely pleased with this jet... balanced plane at recommended 75mm also.

Diamond F18 Ems... (2 min 19 sec)
Last edited by RC30Flyer; Oct 02, 2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by RustySpork
Awesome!! I just got started on mine yesterday. Decided to do a few things differently. I got the rudders and flaps cut with a hot wire. Pulled a 100a ESC and 4000kv motor (for 4s :-) ) from my totaled vampire, and the 8ch RX that came with my dx8 (with telemetry!).

Waiting on retracts and servos.

Should be beastly
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:58 PM
I am an addict...
rememeber to run a wing spar with that hopped up power setup... : )
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC30Flyer View Post
ok... heres a video of my maiden. Eflite Delta V15 with 3600kv motor, 60amp ESC, turnigy 3300mah 4 cell. NO RETRACTS!!!! Hand launch only. She is a very excellent flyer, and the delta v15 sounds awesome! One of the most stable planes i have ever flown... and i have flown planes from parkzone to a 30cc Yak54. Extremely pleased with this jet... balanced plane at recommended 75mm also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ88-...ature=youtu.be
Your cheatin' You gotta helper to throw yours. It's real exciting when you self launch Nice video and landing! Enjoy! I ordered the e-flite setup for my next one too.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:21 PM
I am an addict...
I usually throw them myself, but for my maidens I like to have both hands on the sticks... I assure you, second flight I launched it myself.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:26 PM
LOL... I hear ya'. First time I had a helper hand launch a plane he launched it directly in the dirt. I laughed and he felt sick. After that I decided I could do no worse. My stomach gets a little knotty when I hand launch a maiden though. My reflexes are a little slower nowa days so it's never dull at launch time.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by RustySpork
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC30Flyer View Post
rememeber to run a wing spar with that hopped up power setup... : )
For sure. Still waiting on servos and retracts, then assembly.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:58 PM
advanced n00b
What retracts are you gonna use? Eflite 90 degree
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:47 PM
I am an addict...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
if anyone has an extra set of the rudder push rods that come with this plane i would LOVE to accept them from you
I have a complete pushrod set from mine as I used better control horns and Parkzone pushrods with the carbon reinforcement. I will send them to you, but I suggest that you upgrade to a better quality hardware.