Thread Tools
Aug 26, 2012, 02:33 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx
There is the maiden.
http://youtu.be/VsuGcQoH__M
Nice Dan!! Good job...enjoy!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w
Nice Dan!! Good job...enjoy!
one more a little better flight coming...youtube is "processing" and i need to "check back in a few minutes" ....

edit: it'll have to come later. need sleep for midnight shift tonight. thanks to anyone who provided info to help me get this in the air.
Last edited by xfatdannx; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
Aug 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
I love the end where the Dog wants to eat it ! Good maiden X.
MERLIN
Aug 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
Defender of the park sky
Ispintechno's Avatar
Great maiden, couldn`t have gone any smoother. You got a winner there!
Aug 27, 2012, 12:38 AM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
Alright guys here it is. i think i got it up and working finally.

Second Flight - Exceed RC 70mm F-18 Hornet (Blue Angels) (2 min 58 sec)
Aug 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx
Alright guys here it is. i think i got it up and working finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhyk2xPu4Y
Looks great man. Looks like she floats in nice and smooth.
Aug 27, 2012, 07:13 PM
Defender of the park sky
Ispintechno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx
Alright guys here it is. i think i got it up and working finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhyk2xPu4Y
Beauty! You got it down, nice flying
Aug 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
Blasturbator's Avatar
my damn plane refuses to take off, everytime i try it starts shaking side to side and falls on a side >.>
Aug 28, 2012, 02:31 AM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasturbator
my damn plane refuses to take off, everytime i try it starts shaking side to side and falls on a side >.>
in that second flight you can see i almost tip the wing but turned into it and saved it...what are you using to connect your nose gear to steering servo?
Aug 28, 2012, 09:35 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasturbator
my damn plane refuses to take off, everytime i try it starts shaking side to side and falls on a side >.>
Take all slop out of the steering servo and the main landing gear
Aug 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
Defender of the park sky
Ispintechno's Avatar
Parts are starting to roll in, just need one more package from hobby king.

My intention is to put in a ChangeSun 10 70mm fan with a HK 2800kv motor, with LED afterburners and variable exhaust nozzles into this plane. Be playing in my dad's workshop this week drinking some beer, scratching my head, and hopefully coming up with some working proof of concepts.
Aug 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
I am an addict...
RC30Flyer's Avatar
Can anyone tell me if the KIT version with fixed landing gear is the same airframe as the one with metal retracts? Also does the kit version come with something to at least cover up the front landing gear area like a door that just gets glued in? Please help... would like to know for sure before i buy. Thanks, Jeff
Aug 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Defender of the park sky
Ispintechno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC30Flyer
Can anyone tell me if the KIT version with fixed landing gear is the same airframe as the one with metal retracts? Also does the kit version come with something to at least cover up the front landing gear area like a door that just gets glued in? Please help... would like to know for sure before i buy. Thanks, Jeff
It is the same airframe, I bought the ARF with out retracts. Has empty cavities where the retracts go and included gear doors. I belly land so put on the gear doors, the only opening left is where the main wheels go.
Aug 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
I am an addict...
RC30Flyer's Avatar
Thanks ispintechno... that helps alot. Cheers.
Aug 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno
Parts are starting to roll in, just need one more package from hobby king.

My intention is to put in a ChangeSun 10 70mm fan with a HK 2800kv motor, with LED afterburners and variable exhaust nozzles into this plane. Be playing in my dad's workshop this week drinking some beer, scratching my head, and hopefully coming up with some working proof of concepts.
do you have the L2855? I have that motor but the 2100kv rating. I have it in the fan already. I am gonna save it for a diff plane though....at least for now. This plane sounds better and has better performance than i thought it would going in to. I wanted to get another one of these and get the red diamond or jolly rogers, then make that one with all the armament and THEN use the CS. That way it will have more power to equal out more drag.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New! $129 Nitro Planes Rc Landers 70MM F-16D EDF Jet With Retracts FlyBoyTha1 Foamy EDFs 49 Jun 20, 2009 04:58 PM
Discussion Starmax/Exceed RC/Topgun F18-C 70mm what Fan does it use? Stuart B Foamy EDFs 0 May 16, 2009 11:39 AM
New Product New!!! Exceed RC F-22 Raptor 70mm Ducted Fan RC Jet nitroplanes Nitro Planes 9 Apr 19, 2009 07:06 AM
Cool *** UPDATE *** New Version 2 70mm Exceed RC F/A-18C EDF Jet + NEW MOD VIDEO nitroplanes Nitro Planes 2 Mar 20, 2009 04:57 PM