May 15, 2013, 09:56 AM
San Diego California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray123
Being a newbie, I have no idea about the flight stabilizer you are referring to. Do you feel it is something I should consider? If so, any idea on cost and what is involved in installing it into the pro? Does it come pre programmed for the pro or is it something I would need to program? Thanks again for all the input.
Now we must be confusing you. HK KK2.0 is $30 (plus additional BEC $6) and basically does't need PC for tunings (changing parameters) which is very handy.
But as we are talking about it needs a lot of tunings. Not like an air freshener for your car. Results don't came as your imagination. I agree the opinion probably you would enjoy maiden RP until you get tired of it, then move for breaking her as you like.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
Here's a photo of Guardian installed in my Radian Pro. When the photo was taken, I had both the Guardian's mode and gain inputs connected to the 6 channel receiver because it was beneficial to have remote control of master gain during initial tuning of the gain axis dials. I have since disconnected Guardian's master gain input and reconnected Radian Pro's flaps to the receiver. I still have Guardian's mode input connected to receiver and am using Y cable to connect receiver to aileron servos, so I cannot have crow, reflex, camber, because those require each aileron servo on a different channel.

Also uploaded settings file and screen shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace
Please provide all the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY
There is room to install Guardian in a Pro, I'd be happy to provide photos and instructions on where and how to install it. It's not pre-programmed for the Pro, it's configured by a combination of a Windows based program that communicates via USB and 3 axis gain dials on the unit itself, but I'd be happy to share with you all of the configuration I used for the Guardian in my Pro.
Last edited by JayY; May 15, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
May 15, 2013, 10:53 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old NEET
Do you conclude non-computer module transmitter and one to one receiver is much fool proof? This way is just like changing the crystal I think.
There is no problem. Simply follow standard safe operating procedures. It is the pilot's responsibility to double-check that the correct model is selected when flying with a computer tx. It is also the pilot's responsibility to do a full control-check before each flight with any aircraft - regardless of transmitter type. There is no excuse for not doing the above.

I've been flying with a computer tx since '94. I have never taken-off with the wrong model selected. Why? Because I simply made the above checks part of my standard preflight routine.

Joel
May 15, 2013, 11:33 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
The Spektrum model match system prevents someone else from flying your plane, but it doesn't stop you from flying two of your own at the same time. I found that out by accident with a couple of mini helicopters. I was using a non-computerized DX5e, and every time I switched between the two choppers, I re-bound it to the one I was about to fly. As it turns out, that is not necessary. You can bind as many receivers as you want to that one transmitter slot, and fly them all at the same time if you are good enough.

Right now I have 14 aircraft bound to my DX6i which only has 10 memory slots. One of the slots is called "Generic" and that one is for the Ember, 2 UM warbirds, and 2 micro helicopters. No re-binding is required.
May 15, 2013, 01:17 PM
Boost rules!
Jovanx,

The DX5e doesn't have ModelMatch. Only their computer rigs have it.

Regarding ModelMatch in the DX6i & other Spektrum computer radios - you can purposely bind more than one rx to a single model memory as long as the receiver resolutions are the same. But ModelMatch won't allow you to fly with the wrong model selected. When you select a model memory, only receivers which are bound to that memory slot will respond. This allows giant-scale pilots to use redundant receivers with Spektrum computer radios, as they are accustomed to doing with other radio systems. This ability also allows pilots to bind multiple aircraft to a single memory slot - as you have done. ModelMatch will still prevent pilots from crashing because they have the wrong model selected, as one would never purposely bind multiple models to the same memory slot unless they all fly with the same tx settings.

From Spektrum's ModelMatch page:

"If you've flown with a programmable system for any amount of time, chances are you've crashed, or you've seen someone crash, because the model selected from memory wasn't the model being flown. Spektrum programmable transmitters are immune to Wrong Model Syndrome thanks to ModelMatch™.

ModelMatch assigns each receiver its own unique code when it's bound to your Spektrum transmitter. If the model you select from memory doesn't share the same receiver code as the model you're trying to fly, the aircraft's controls won't respond until the correct model is selected.
"

BTW - there was a bug in the DX6i firmware a few years ago that would allow a pilot to fly with the wrong model selected - but that was fixed.

At any rate - it always has been and always will be the pilot's responsibility to perform a full control-check before every flight to verify that all systems are working properly. There is no excuse for not doing a proper preflight - regardless of the type of radio being used.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; May 15, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
May 15, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx
The Spektrum model match system prevents someone else from flying your plane, but it doesn't stop you from flying two of your own at the same time. I found that out by accident with a couple of mini helicopters. I was using a non-computerized DX5e, and every time I switched between the two choppers, I re-bound it to the one I was about to fly. As it turns out, that is not necessary. You can bind as many receivers as you want to that one transmitter slot, and fly them all at the same time if you are good enough.

Right now I have 14 aircraft bound to my DX6i which only has 10 memory slots. One of the slots is called "Generic" and that one is for the Ember, 2 UM warbirds, and 2 micro helicopters. No re-binding is required.
So your saying that your generic channel will control which ever of the four planes you have bound to it as long as that is the one you have on at the time ?
May 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr
So your saying that your generic channel will control which ever of the four planes you have bound to it as long as that is the one you have on at the time ?
Yes that is correct. Also if you power up another (previously bound) plane, the TX will control both of them at the same time.
May 15, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Yes that is correct. Also if you power up another (previously bound) plane, the TX will control both of them at the same time.
So just keep only one of them powered up at a time I guess right ?
May 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
If so that is a great way to use a DX6I To control more then 10 planes
May 15, 2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
No of course you wouldn't do it on purpose. I found out by accident with 2 mini helicopters. It could have been worse.
May 15, 2013, 01:36 PM
San Diego California
Quote:
Humm, If we can select to control single or multi receiver intentionally, my imagination could build very interesting toys,,,
May 15, 2013, 06:22 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Humm, If we can select to control single or multi receiver intentionally, my imagination could build very interesting toys,,,
You can bind multiple receivers of the same resolution to a given memory slot, but they will work in unison. There is no provision for expanding the channel-count by binding multiple receivers to the same memory slot, nor is there a means of selecting between the receivers in flight. However, the ability to run redundant receivers is extremely important when flying large and/or fast models, which is why Spektrum included the feature when they implemented ModelMatch in their computer rigs.

Joel
May 15, 2013, 07:37 PM
San Diego California
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
You can bind multiple receivers of the same resolution to a given memory slot, but they will work in unison. There is no provision for expanding the channel-count by binding multiple receivers to the same memory slot, nor is there a means of selecting between the receivers in flight. However, the ability to run redundant receivers is extremely important when flying large and/or fast models, which is why Spektrum included the feature when they implemented ModelMatch in their computer rigs.

Joel
My idea was if I build a camera unit on gimbal connected independent receiver could be useful ,,,but probably it is not a good way, then.
May 15, 2013, 08:33 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
My idea was if I build a camera unit on gimbal connected independent receiver could be useful ,,,but probably it is not a good way, then.
You may want to check out the Guardian 2D/3D inertial stabilizer. EagleTree has mentioned that they plan to include support for a stabilized camera platform in a future firmware update. That sounds very interesting....

Joel
May 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
San Diego California
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
You may want to check out the Guardian 2D/3D inertial stabilizer. EagleTree has mentioned that they plan to include support for a stabilized camera platform in a future firmware update. That sounds very interesting....

Joel
Yes, it is interesting and it is compact enough for small fuselage like RP.
But those pricing are outrange for me. Everything there are so expensive.
Especially those harnesses are crazy pricing. I can make them less than $1
or even $0 after digging up my toy box. Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply