Parkzone Radian Pro Owners Thread - Page 694 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 05, 2012, 11:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440
the dx6i was a bit more of a challange but nothing drastic just take your time,but i have to say i dont know how i lived without the light all this time its amazing,
Yes, a back light really helps. Another nice mod is replacing the throttle cut button with a toggle switch. That mod makes the DX6i's throttle cut feature useful with electric models.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 11:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal
Radian Pro PNP is on B.O. I've got the DX8, 2200mAh 3S 35c batteries and Stand Box all on stand-by ready to hit the flyin field & the only thing missin is the RP!!!!
Consider picking up a few 1300mAh packs. These lighter packs generally work better. 2200mAh packs are nice on the slope, or really windy days. On calm days, 1300mAh packs are a better choice.
Sep 06, 2012, 04:22 AM
Registered User
Desert flier's Avatar
Going back a bit but I dont bother putting the wing screws in at all I have velcro on the wing and in the fuse push them in and the velcro locks stops it working out. I have flown on rough slopes and chucked it around the sky like a tennis ball and have never had it even come out 5mm when have checked it back on the ground . I thinnk there would be a fair bit of friction around the fuse were it slides in and around the spar tube when it is flying
Sep 06, 2012, 08:53 AM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan
Yes, a back light really helps. Another nice mod is replacing the throttle cut button with a toggle switch. That mod makes the DX6i's throttle cut feature useful with electric models.
Hey Lizard

Funny thing you mention that ,after useing the turnigy 9 that has a throttle cut switch ,i thought they should have put one on the 6 instead of the stupid button,i use the switch all the time with the 9,i think i am going to do the mod and add a switch,is there any special switch that i can buy from radio shack that is recommended or any old toggle will do,i have a ton laying around i am sure i have one that will fit,

Thanks Ron
Sep 06, 2012, 09:13 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440
Hey Lizard

Funny thing you mention that ,after useing the turnigy 9 that has a throttle cut switch ,i thought they should have put one on the 6 instead of the stupid button,i use the switch all the time with the 9,i think i am going to do the mod and add a switch,is there any special switch that i can buy from radio shack that is recommended or any old toggle will do,i have a ton laying around i am sure i have one that will fit,

Thanks Ron
Any toggle will do. I put one in last year and never looked back. While you're at it put a push-button under your left thumb and wire it parallel to the "Enter" switch under the roller wheel. Then the wheel will never break and you won't have the issue with the wheel turning while pressing it and entering the wrong menu command. I really like your backlight - gotta do that.
Sep 06, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
Quasi_Mojo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier
Going back a bit but I dont bother putting the wing screws in at all I have velcro on the wing and in the fuse push them in and the velcro locks stops it working out. I have flown on rough slopes and chucked it around the sky like a tennis ball and have never had it even come out 5mm when have checked it back on the ground . I thinnk there would be a fair bit of friction around the fuse were it slides in and around the spar tube when it is flying
I did the velcro mod, as well, after the wing ripped off my RP. I didn't trust two small screws holding my wings on. The velcro, along with mounting servo extensions into the side of the fuse makes for a super quick assembly.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post22175388

I was a bit worried that my two strips of velcro securing my wings would be detrimental if I crashed the RP again, but the wings were still able to separate from the fuselage on impact and there was relatively little damage to the wings. The fuselage, however, was toast.
Sep 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx
Any toggle will do. I put one in last year and never looked back. While you're at it put a push-button under your left thumb and wire it parallel to the "Enter" switch under the roller wheel. Then the wheel will never break and you won't have the issue with the wheel turning while pressing it and entering the wrong menu command. I really like your backlight - gotta do that.
Hey Jovanx

ill grab on of my switches tonight and make the mod,thanks,
that wheel is another issue but i will deal with it later,but thanks thats another great idea,mine has been sticking lately and is being a pita,could you post a pick of where you put the left thumb button
yea that light is the cats meow,LOL it just seems like a new radio to me,i always struggled to see that stupid display and for 4 bucks i don't know why in the hell the manufacturer could not have done this, it cost nothing for the light and at the time of building these things it would pop right in ,put the light in youll love it,i used 2 different youtube tutorials to figure out what had to be done and after you watch them you will pop it right in,

thanks Ron
Sep 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
VELCRO MOD
Anyone have pics of the mod?
Sep 06, 2012, 08:28 PM
Registered User
Brian VT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal
VELCRO MOD
Anyone have pics of the mod?
See link in 2 posts above.
Sep 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440
that wheel is another issue but i will deal with it later,but thanks thats another great idea,mine has been sticking lately and is being a pita,could you post a pick of where you put the left thumb button
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=930
Sep 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT
See link in 2 posts above.
Link doesn't work.
Sep 06, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
Quasi_Mojo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1960
Link doesn't work.
I tried the link in Firefox, IE and Chrome - works in all three.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post22175388
Sep 06, 2012, 09:24 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
moparherb's Avatar
Link doesn't work for me either.........
Sep 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Link works for me.
Sep 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Brian VT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb
Link doesn't work for me either.........
You guys need to figure out why you can't see it. It's a good, helpful post with lots of good pics.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rave New Parkzone Radian Pro-discussion thread!!! lightspeeddud Electric Sailplanes 3879 Sep 21, 2017 04:57 PM
Gallery Parkzone Radian Pro Video bakon Electric Sailplanes 9 Sep 30, 2015 05:20 PM
Discussion Official Radian Pro Thread Magnumb Parkflyers 15 Aug 16, 2015 07:12 PM
New Product Parkzone Radian Pro bakon Electric Plane Talk 24 Oct 01, 2010 02:39 AM
Discussion Parkzone Radian Pro $229.99 BnF preorder Tekwip Hot Online Deals 10 Sep 29, 2010 05:35 PM