Thread Tools
Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Man I forgot what it was like to fly the RP!! 2 GREAT flights with her this morning!! Not much convective activity so flights were under 15mins but she's still flying GREAT!! My original 1300mAh batt died today so flew with 1800mAh's. I've been away far too long that's for sure!! Happy Father's Day as well guys!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Maiden flight (or chuck and hope its setup right) or rp today and she flies really nicely. Great kit for floating around the skies at very little cost.

I used solar film to cover the kit (much more ridgid, looks better plus easy clean) and pushed some sharpend carbon rods into the tail for rigidity.
Jun 17, 2012, 06:03 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisuk
Maiden flight (or chuck and hope its setup right) or rp today and she flies really nicely. Great kit for floating around the skies at very little cost.

I used solar film to cover the kit (much more ridgid, looks better plus easy clean) and pushed some sharpend carbon rods into the tail for rigidity.
Neat idea with the solar film.
Jun 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
I whacked a wing on a 2 foot high pipe rail yesterday. Leading edge is crumpled and the wing cracked from the flap all the way to the spar end plug. I have the old set of wings with the camera mounts I can use until I fix or replace.

There were strong ups and strong downs yesterday, and the winds were extremely variable.

I made a downwind, and then a crosswind leg, and on final found that I was in a downwind leg again due to a wind shift. It was too late, had lots of speed and not enough airspeed to turn, about 1 foot off the ground, and she just coasted straight into the railing that surrounds the parking lot. Booooonnnnggggg....snap.
Jun 17, 2012, 06:10 PM
Registered User
eroeder's Avatar
Working it back and forth it is loosening up. Of course, now I found out the the screw hole in the collet for nose cone was not drill out completely and tapped so I can secure the nose cone. Looks like the collet will need to be replaced by Espirit since I don't have the tools to fix. Ugh!
Jun 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Jumpy, sorry to hear about your incident. I really like seeing your videos and hearing your flight reports! I'm sure you'll be up and flying in no time. When I can't fly (unfortunately, getting more commont) I really like seeing your posts.

dmohring, I'd suggest either crow, which as Jumpy showed works quite well, or increase your flap throw to 80-90 deg to see which you like better (remembver to mix in elevator comp.) BTW, Hooterville, NC!!?? That's where I grew up. Are you in a flying club? If so, which one?

Good flying, and good thermals

Jim
Jun 17, 2012, 11:23 PM
Registered User

looking for non-folding prop + spinner for radian pro


I've moved the motor in my radian pro to let me put a camera in the cockpit area, but I'm having trouble with the folding prop so I need to put in a standard prop and spinner. A 10/8 prop seems like the way to go but I don't know which brand of spinner will accept the hex nut on the radian prop shaft. Any help?
here's a picture, the zip tie is to keep the prop from folding!
prop shaft is 4mm diameter, hex nut is 10mm diameter, but I haven't been able to remove it.
Last edited by devinvagt; Jun 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Jun 18, 2012, 03:21 AM
Registered User
eroeder's Avatar
Just curious,
How much flex can this plane stand? Pulling out of a dive, boy do these wings flex. I thought the PZ F4U flexed, but boy this plane has it beat.
Jun 18, 2012, 06:35 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinvagt
I've moved the motor in my radian pro to let me put a camera in the cockpit area, but I'm having trouble with the folding prop so I need to put in a standard prop and spinner. A 10/8 prop seems like the way to go but I don't know which brand of spinner will accept the hex nut on the radian prop shaft. Any help?
Your question is confusing, You say you need to use a standard prop and spinner but then ask about after-market spinners.

I use a Cermark spinner. It does not use the hex nut. It mounts to the shaft with a collet. I believe that other popular spinners like the BB are the same.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:12 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
moparherb's Avatar
Why would you do that to a perfectly good aircraft?
Jun 18, 2012, 08:32 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb
Why would you do that to a perfectly good aircraft?
Because it was not perfect for his needs. If I wanted a stable camera platform with a a clear view forward it is a logical solution.

Do not put down other people's ideas just because they are different from yours.
Jun 18, 2012, 09:55 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroeder
Just curious,
How much flex can this plane stand? Pulling out of a dive, boy do these wings flex. I thought the PZ F4U flexed, but boy this plane has it beat.
Yes, both of these planes suffer from excessive wing flex. The solution for the RP is easy, just replace the stock FG spar with a CF spar. Done. There is lots of info on the Corsair thread about making curved aluminum spars, which is much more difficult.
Jun 18, 2012, 11:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisuk
I used solar film to cover the kit (much more ridgid, looks better plus easy clean) and pushed some sharpend carbon rods into the tail for rigidity.
When I Google "solar film" it comes back with links to the film you use to tint windows and block UV. Is that what you use?
Jun 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Thanks for the info.
by " standard " I mean non-folding style-- that was a little vague. I'm having trouble getting the hex piece off the shaft. Once I do, I assume I'm going to need a prop that will fit a 4mm shaft ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave
Your question is confusing, You say you need to use a standard prop and spinner but then ask about after-market spinners.

I use a Cermark spinner. It does not use the hex nut. It mounts to the shaft with a collet. I believe that other popular spinners like the BB are the same.
Jun 18, 2012, 11:18 AM
Closed Account
...
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rave New Parkzone Radian Pro-discussion thread!!! lightspeeddud Electric Sailplanes 3869 May 08, 2017 09:47 AM
Gallery Parkzone Radian Pro Video bakon Electric Sailplanes 9 Sep 30, 2015 04:20 PM
Discussion Official Radian Pro Thread Magnumb Parkflyers 15 Aug 16, 2015 06:12 PM
New Product Parkzone Radian Pro bakon Electric Plane Talk 24 Oct 01, 2010 01:39 AM
Discussion Parkzone Radian Pro $229.99 BnF preorder Tekwip Hot Online Deals 10 Sep 29, 2010 04:35 PM