Dec 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
Welcome Bernie, I have field envy! 2' grass!!!

So, an obvious question that comes to mind is why, after you found hinge problems, you didn't pack it in for the day?

Did you have your hatch fly off (except during the crash)? I have flown planes with magnet "latches" for a couple of years with no problems.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2010, 10:17 PM
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q774.html

Futaba 7C page on how to program for 3-way switch for some flap with elavator, normal flight, and crow with down elevator set. Switch B down will give full down Flap.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:46 PM
Cameraman, Military Contractor
Bernie,

Most parts in stock, including wing kits, are available at Graves RC in Orlando. Was just over there last week, and secured spare parts for mine.

http://www.gravesrc.com/SearchResult...x=0&Search.y=0

Scott K.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hey!!! Just saw the weather and it looks good for Thursday!!! I guess I better check out those rudder hinges...
Dec 22, 2010, 12:40 AM
I bought myself a Radian Pro for xmas.

For those flying Futaba, what reciever are you using and how did you mount the antenna whiskers?
Dec 22, 2010, 02:09 AM
Dixie Normious
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahtware
Hey!!! Just saw the weather and it looks good for Thursday!!! I guess I better check out those rudder hinges...
yea i hear yea Sunday looks good for me...Fingers crossed i ahte having a New plane that i cant fly
Dec 22, 2010, 03:11 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
AND...it also looks good down here..........
Dec 22, 2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
Yeah, but I don't have to drive 200 miles to fly my float plane...
Dec 22, 2010, 03:26 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Neither do I....
Dec 22, 2010, 07:45 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
With the beautiful geology of your homeland, how could anyplace down under look anything but wonderful.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahtware
Welcome Bernie, I have field envy! 2' grass!!!

So, an obvious question that comes to mind is why, after you found hinge problems, you didn't pack it in for the day?

Did you have your hatch fly off (except during the crash)? I have flown planes with magnet "latches" for a couple of years with no problems.
Hi Rahtware,

The grass is compliments of my neighbor not having their field mowed.

Why didn't I hang it up is a very good question. Lets just chalk it up to smart people sometimes do stupid things. Honestly,I was having so much fun I wanted to get one more flight in. I saw the rudder was floppy on the hinge tape and maybe from moisture on the grass causing it to loose adhesion a bit.

Actually the winds were getting really gusty and shifty and after climbing to a few hundred feet I knew I was in trouble and should have just brought it down, I was in well over my skill level.

The hatch flew off twice in flight both times doing some high speed loops.

I have to compliment the group here as it was very helpful in bringing me up to speed on setting everything up.

Cheers,
Bernie
Dec 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoffinger
Honestly,I was having so much fun I wanted to get one more flight in.
It's one of my pet superstitions but...when I catch myself saying (or thinking) 'just one more' that's when I pack it in...without doing just one more. A 'quit while yer ahead' thing I guess.

.....Mike
Dec 22, 2010, 11:15 AM
Never enough time to fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_in_NY
I put this one in my Pro...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ub2liin.html

.......Mike
Like I said before, I have never used one of these - How does it install in the system?
Dec 22, 2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the link to the spare parts, me being me, I went ahead and purchased a complete PNP so i will have plenty of spares now.

Being as that I have never dealt with a styro-foam type model before could somebody steer me to what adhesives would be suitable to install regular nylon type control surface hinges? Thin strips of foam and some cheesy tape for hinges just doesn't seem like the way to go.

Also does anybody have some ideas for coatings on the leading edge of the wings to bring some surface toughness to it?

My LHS is about a 45 minute drive so I would prefer not to make it like my Home Depot shopping trips.

Cheers,
Bernie
Dec 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase
Like I said before, I have never used one of these - How does it install in the system?
The pos/neg input leads of the UBEC (battery voltage) splice into the battery lead of the ESC and the UBEC output lead (5/6v) goes to an unused RX port (or y-harness if you don't an extra rx port). You must also disable the 5/6v output of the ESC's onboard bec by cutting the red wire of the throttle channel lead.

....Mike

Quick Reply