Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:39 PM
Fig Jam is offline
Find More Posts by Fig Jam
I am UNIQUE!
Fig Jam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahtware View Post
What is your motor pulling on the stock battery, or did you check before changing parts out?
I didn't even check, I was going to switch the Motor out to a lower Kv anyway so I just thought I'd give it a run up with the stock Motor on 4s, seems like it will work pretty good!

Mike
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:00 PM
Homesick_Angel is offline
Find More Posts by Homesick_Angel
Thermal Chaser
Homesick_Angel's Avatar
Why isn't HH here posting about the motor issue?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:13 PM
Mr. Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Mike
I don't giveup till it crashes
Mr. Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykayak75 View Post

I added 4 pin dean connectors to the wings so I don't have to fish wires any more
Just plug right in and done very very simple.
Hey KK, would you have a photo of of the 4 pin connector and how you did that, I would like to make assy/disassy of the wings easier, they are a pain.

mm
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:13 PM
jchunter is offline
Find More Posts by jchunter
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Hummm, I may need to buy a used DX5, there is no way I want my grandson using my DX7.
After dinner, I tried it the other way around, starting by binding the 6i to the plane, which would make it the teacher's radio, leaving the 5e for the student. Everything went well, until I moved the 6i Trainer switch forward, giving control to the 5e. Its control over the plane was intermittent: the motor started idling and it seemed that the rudder and elevator control surfaces were not always moving smoothly... I couldn't trim it out. It almost seemed to be radio interference... Just a guess but the 5e may also be broadcasting a signal.

You will have to try the same thing with the DX7 and DX5e. Maybe that will work better.

Edit: The documentation for both transmitters says that they can be either Master or Slave.
Last edited by jchunter; Dec 15, 2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
kingsflyer is online now
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
kingsflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick_Angel View Post
Why isn't HH here posting about the motor issue?
From my experience there may be more of a prop issue than a motor issue.

Here's my story ---- I got my new Radian Pro and the motor seemed to be a low Kv, low performing motor. I was measuring 12 amps and 130 watts on a freshly charged stock 1300 mah 3-cell Lipo battery. I called HH and they said to send the motor in, so I did. They sent me a replacement motor - a stock plastic end bell Radian motor and a replacement stock Radian prop. I installed the Radian motor on my plane with the original set of Radian Pro blades and got 13 amps and 140 watts on the same freshly charged 1300 mah battery. Not much of an improvement! I then put the stock Radian prop blades on the motor and got 15.3 amps and 165 watts with the same 1300 mah battery.

After all the electrons have settled, I really wish I had kept my original metal housing Radian Pro motor and had just bought a new prop.

For those of you who are thinking about sending your low performing Radian Pro motor back to HH, I'd advise you try a new prop first.

McD
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kingsflyer; Dec 16, 2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
scb28 is offline
Find More Posts by scb28
scb28
scb28's Avatar
RE: motor issue. After reading some of the posts in this thread I tested my motor draw, it was a bit over 13amps. I then flew R Pro for the first time and was satified with the climb performance. Then I replaced the prop with an EMP 10x8 prop, the same prop I use on my good old Radian. The motor draw is now about 22amps and the R Pro climbs much better, just like my original Radian. I think the "motor" problem can be cured with a prop upgrade.

My 2cents, scb28
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
Mr. Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Mike
I don't giveup till it crashes
Mr. Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchunter View Post
After dinner, I tried it the other way around, starting by binding the 6i to the plane, which would make it the teacher's radio, leaving the 5e for the student. Everything went well, until I moved the 6i Trainer switch forward, giving control to the 5e. Its control over the plane was intermittent: the motor started idling and it seemed that the rudder and elevator control surfaces were not always moving smoothly... I couldn't trim it out. It almost seemed to be radio interference... Just a guess but the 5e may also be broadcasting a signal.

You will have to try the same thing with the DX7 and DX5e. Maybe that will work better.
I have a JR 8103 and I have used it as a master and buddy boxed a JR7202, DX5e, DX6i and a old DX6 (DSM1) as a slave, I did have to do some servo reserving on the slaves, but all of them worked good as slaves.

mm
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:48 PM
Matt Gunn is online now
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Whats the part number for the "correct" prop from HH?

thanks
matt
Administrator
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:51 PM
Mr. Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Mike
I don't giveup till it crashes
Mr. Mike's Avatar
I tested the draw on my 2 week old radian pro, stock prop 16.2 amps, installed graupner 10x8 amps went to 21 amps, took aeronaut 10x8 off original radian and put on pro 22.1 amps.

Maybe I got the only good pro they made.

mm
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:29 AM
Eastcoast78 is offline
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
What puzzles me is ,Say you burn up your Stock Pro motor.And want too get another one.Where do yea get it?All i see if this...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ4716

Now whats this all about????
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:41 AM
MS_in_NY is offline
Find More Posts by MS_in_NY
Registered User
MS_in_NY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
What puzzles me is ,Say you burn up your Stock Pro motor.And want too get another one.Where do yea get it?All i see if this...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ4716

Now whats this all about????
LOL, I thought about that too. Suppose I WANT another motor like this one? What then?

Although, Horizon should have plenty on hand when this whole 'replacement' scandal is over.

.....Mike
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
Eastcoast78 is offline
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
hahah i know ..really though...weird but a little Sketchy if yea ask me.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:10 AM
kingsflyer is online now
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
kingsflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
Whats the part number for the "correct" prop from HH?

thanks
matt
Matt, it's just the standard Radian replacement prop.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1017

It costs less than $5 and your LHS may even have a set in stock.

For even better performance, you could get a Graupner 10x8 cam series prop.

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=1249

McD
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kingsflyer; Dec 16, 2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Matt Gunn is online now
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
Matt, it's just the standard Radian replacement prop.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1017

It costs less than $5 and your LHS may even have a set in stock.

For even better performance, you could get a Graupner 10x8 cam series prop.

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=1249

McD
Thanks for the links.
Does the graupner fold back well, or does it stick out in the airflow?
Matt
Administrator


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rave New Parkzone Radian Pro-discussion thread!!! lightspeeddud Electric Sailplanes 3862 Nov 19, 2016 03:22 AM
Gallery Parkzone Radian Pro Video bakon Electric Sailplanes 9 Sep 30, 2015 05:20 PM
Discussion Official Radian Pro Thread Magnumb Parkflyers 15 Aug 16, 2015 07:12 PM
New Product Parkzone Radian Pro bakon Electric Plane Talk 24 Oct 01, 2010 02:39 AM
Discussion Parkzone Radian Pro $229.99 BnF preorder Tekwip Hot Online Deals 10 Sep 29, 2010 05:35 PM