May 21, 2019, 02:06 PM
You could be right... this Alko pic from the Jiri Kalina book Modelarské Motory
Click to enlarge the foto
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 03:10 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
There's a better photo in Mike Clanford's book (of an original), and it sure looks like Tom is right.
May 22, 2019, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
There's a better photo in Mike Clanford's book (of an original), and it sure looks like Tom is right.
Here it is (courtesy M.Clanford)
do click to enlarge
May 22, 2019, 04:48 AM
Jef
Jef
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I think it’s a replica ALKO 7.5 a Czech made replica.
It was given as a gift to a Dutchman (RIP) on a meeting in the Czech Republic, and I have bought it from his estate , but I think also that it is a homebuilt based on an Alko 7,5 cc
May 22, 2019, 04:51 AM
Jef
Jef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald
You could be right... this Alko pic from the Jiri Kalina book Modelarské Motory
Click to enlarge the foto
This is the ALKO 14 cc super , I have one but I don't now if it is an original or an replica ?
Jun 08, 2019, 08:48 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
This collection of sparkie-twins was recently posted on the Facebook Balsa Model Aircraft Constructors group.
Jun 08, 2019, 10:34 PM

Small gas engines

Hey so I came across these engines, does anyone know anything about them? Background, value, etc?
Jun 11, 2019, 04:21 AM
The first engine is a Baby Cyclone sparkie, looks like a model F. This was the second volume produced engine after the Brown Jr. You can read a bit more about it here:-
http://www.vintagemodelengines.co.nf/
The multi cylinder engine is a reproduction by Arne Hende of an Elf four spark ignition version. The originals were the creation of Dan Calkin and are few and far between. He produced single, twin and four cylinder versions and both sparkie and glow.
As far as values go, sparkie prices have fallen a lot in recent years, The Elf four repro is the more valuable of the two. As always ebay is your best real world guide.

Quick Reply