Jul 15, 2003, 07:11 AM

F22 Raptor

Hi there you all. Just fishing for info. I recently purchased an A10 and will be fitting two Wemotec Micros and Roacket 300 brushed motors. That leaves me with 2 GWS fans spare.........o what joy. Thinking of a home for them, has anbody any ideas about altering a Wattage F22 Raptor to take 2 GWS fans? A good bit of hacking out to do and probably a cheater hole as well. I noted some good threads on brushless setups and this is another option.

Look forward to hearing from you

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2003, 09:51 AM
I converted a Wattage F-22 to use a single 2.5" fan with a brushless motor. I had to use CP1300 cells at the time so it was heavy. Performance was ok, I could loop from level flight but it would have been nice if it weighed less...I had 4 ounces on the tail for balance, didn't put the fan far enough back so I couldn't slide the cells very far back. I was flying this plane at about 230 watts and performance was so so. Flying it on two GWS fans at less than 100 watts wouldn't be too much fun. Those two fans barely fly the A-10 and it has a straight wing. A draggy delta wing like on the F-22 would be more difficult. It could be done, but you're talking flying in circles with no aerobatics probably. You'd have to lighten up the airframe significantly. I believe AERC has an all wood F-22 kit in the works for twin EDF-50 fans if that's your thing. Me I like to mix it up, flying on the edge of a stall doesnt' float my boat. I like POWER! Use the EDF 50s as battery coolers with a cardboard tube
Jul 16, 2003, 10:29 AM
Ed. Your the man. Not much into flying on the edge of a stall myself. Will keep it the way it is for now and maybe make it brushless at some point. Battery coolers. Now there is an idea.

Cheers for that