Jul 25, 2019, 11:06 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary27
Here are the pics.
Im using a Graupner MX16 Hott with HXT900ís
I cant use a channel per flap (6ch Rx), Im using a channel per aileron.

How can I upload video from my phone? Is it only possible through a YouTube link?
Great thanks for that --- Last first:
To the best of my knowledge you cannot upload a video directly to RCGroups. You need a place to store your video and then link to it. Either of You Tube or Vimeo work. You Tube is part of the Google conglomerate and probably the easiest. If you have a Gmail account you already have a You Tube account.
Upload your video to say You Tube and simply paste the link in your text as I have here:
bixlerflaps (0 min 30 sec)

This video is of my Flaps on a Bixler but similar to what you are doing also using hxt900's

What you see in this is the servo is set to have an end point that is almost all the way to one end of the servo travel. At the Flaps up switch position it is set in the radio to be 'x' percentage of the say right hand movement of the servo (I'm using a JR so exact details will be of no help to you anyway). I put the arm on the servo to allow a full swing and then set up the mechanical arm and horn so that at this point the Flap surface is level with the wing. (i.e. no Flaps)

You can also see that I am using mechanical advantage to get good flap travel. I am using a lower hole in the horn so that less movement at the servo is more movement at the Flap hinge..

Does this help you a little???
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2019, 06:09 AM
Whyy!!

Why it flies to nice

Finally built the 2000 wings and put them in the 1600 (irrelevant as they are the same fuselage) and flew this weekend in the slope..

I have flown this plane for years before it bacame a submarine 2 years ago... its an accident that i got another now.. but i had forgotten how sweet she flies.. its not the fastest glider at all but it performed so well even with low wind.. and it allowed to do stuff you cant even think on the ASK21 without it tipstalling.. the Phoenix is absolutelly relaxed to fly .

I have to put some velcro on the fuselage to ve able to put balast .. it flies so far better than i renember my old one.. wich obviously is not posible as they are the exact same plane.. but i do renember it linking balast for windy days..

Im thinking on doing a further mod and enlarging to aileron so it includes that small gap between ailerons and flaps.. anyone did this?
Aug 05, 2019, 09:59 AM
Sr. Ext. UAS Pilot, NMSU FTC
Beautiful job. It looks great. I am planning on taking mine down and cleaning her up... Did you paint the color on the wings or use iron on covering?

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI
Whyy!!

Why it flies to nice

Finally built the 2000 wings and put them in the 1600 (irrelevant as they are the same fuselage) and flew this weekend in the slope..

I have flown this plane for years before it bacame a submarine 2 years ago... its an accident that i got another now.. but i had forgotten how sweet she flies.. its not the fastest glider at all but it performed so well even with low wind.. and it allowed to do stuff you cant even think on the ASK21 without it tipstalling.. the Phoenix is absolutelly relaxed to fly .

I have to put some velcro on the fuselage to ve able to put balast .. it flies so far better than i renember my old one.. wich obviously is not posible as they are the exact same plane.. but i do renember it linking balast for windy days..

Im thinking on doing a further mod and enlarging to aileron so it includes that small gap between ailerons and flaps.. anyone did this?
Aug 05, 2019, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVJOE
Did you paint the color on the wings or use iron on covering?
The wings are done using cover tape for wings from hobbyking .. also the tail boom stripes.. the tail feathers are sprayed.. my old phoenix had the wing stripes sprayed.. but i prefered to try the tape.. smoother finish and you can allways just strip it away if you dont like it or mess up
Aug 06, 2019, 06:30 PM

carbon wing phoenix 2000

my new pearls.
full carbon wing for phoenix 2000.
has been increased to 2315mm
Aug 06, 2019, 09:32 PM
The Sequel
Omg, that is so awesome
Aug 06, 2019, 09:42 PM
Beach Bum
Carbon wings? Awsome. And from a lady? Wonderful.
I foresee high speed dives and maneuvers.
Aug 06, 2019, 09:48 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Piecek
my new pearls.
full carbon wing for phoenix 2000.
has been increased to 2315mm
Please tell us more about these wings! They look amazing!

Flight video or flight photos and report please....
Aug 07, 2019, 03:10 AM
the wing is tested on another model.
has a thinner profile than the original phoenix.
my partner did it for me.
that's right, the dives are nice
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rx...xrDefcNnyBcSnW
Aug 07, 2019, 03:17 AM
the wing is extremely stiff, there is no deflection during the flight
Last edited by Anna Piecek; Aug 07, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
Aug 08, 2019, 08:40 AM
Will these carbon wing fit the new Phoenix 2K V2 fuselage?

Would love to see some more close up photos.

AeroR
Aug 08, 2019, 09:28 AM
in v2 there is another attachment does not match
Aug 12, 2019, 04:38 PM
quick video - arranging fabrics in the form
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bu...4GGFEWF4wiS-Mc
Aug 15, 2019, 01:52 PM
After numerous persuasions, I took out a new phoenix from the junkyard for testing with the composite wing.

Everything arranged, now I'm waiting for the least windy day, as soon as I wait, throw a video
Aug 19, 2019, 05:24 PM
I fly both the Radian Pro and the Phoenix 2000. The Pro, being all foam has a very flexible tail section and even after beefing it up with carbon it does flex in tight turns. Excellent thermal cruiser, but not an aerobatic glider. The 2000, with its plastic fuse, is almost an entry level aerobatic glider. With the right CG and trim, it thermals and twirl wit the best of them under power. I fly the Pro at home to relax and fly thermals. I fly the 2000 at the field with friends who like an occasional show.

Quick Reply