Sep 05, 2011, 02:47 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaizli
Actually just used the default adhesive on the "industrial strength" Velcro. If you think about it - sandwiched between the fuse and wing...it ain't likely to come apart.

BTW...I realized when typing this - it might get moved to buy/sell section (which is fine if a mod needs to move it)...but if any of you folks are interested, just drop me a PM.

Thanks again.
Don't think the Mod's will remove your post as you said your self
" I'm thinking about retiring my Phoenix 2000 "

and your just leting the guys that fly the Pheonix know ,
what's on your mind .
We'll miss your posts when the Pheonix is gone...

Last edited by skyhawk newbie; Sep 05, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2011, 03:38 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
^^^^^ What SkyHawk Newbie said.

Salkeld17,

I like the wheel you put on the the belly of the Phoenix, thats a great idea.
I'm going to steal the idea and do the same thing, I've plenty of spare tail wheels from old/crashed planes and should be able find one that will be a good fit.

B!
Sep 05, 2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill
^^^^^ What SkyHawk Newbie said.

Salkeld17,

I like the wheel you put on the belly of the Phoenix, thats a great idea.
I'm going to steal the idea and do the same thing, I've plenty of spare tail wheels from old/crashed planes and should be able find one that will be a good fit.

B!
Are you referencing the wheel I put on the belly of my Phoenix?

Yeah, I hate to let it go but it's tough throwing it and the kids into the car. Oh well - hopefully it'll go to a good home.
Sep 05, 2011, 05:44 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Quote:

Yeah, I hate to let it go but it's tough throwing it and the kids into the car. Oh well - hopefully it'll go to a good home.
Keep the Pheonix and sell the Kids...

Only jokeing.....

Yeah it's tough , I know , As I've 2 kids myself,lucky for me my wife understands my need for space and lets me off on my own to go fly every weekend . . . . Saterday and Sunday . .
Sep 05, 2011, 06:24 PM
christian theme park operator
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
Keep the Pheonix and sell the Kids...

Only jokeing.....

Yeah it's tough , I know , As I've 2 kids myself,lucky for me my wife understands my need for space and lets me off on my own to go fly every weekend . . . . Saterday and Sunday . .
The ability to compromise is very important in marriage - sell off only one of the kids to make room in the car for the plane
Sep 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4
The ability to compromise is very important in marriage - sell off only one of the kids to make room in the car for the plane

dhaizli don't take this to heart were only joking and have a bit of fun.

Sean
Sep 05, 2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie

dhaizli don't take this to heart were only joking and have a bit of fun.

Sean
You kidding me?? They both were just now bickering back and forth in the other room...I am uploading their pictures on ebay as I type this!!
Sep 05, 2011, 07:13 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Quote:
Dhaizli,
Yes I was referring to the wheel you put on your Phoenix. I screwed up and put the wrong name in the message.

I'm going to the same thing, though I don't really think it will work that well on our grass strip in it's current condition (a bit rough) but with Summer coming up here, there's going to be a lot of work done on the strip to get it smooth as possible.
B!
Sep 05, 2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill
Dhaizli,
Yes I was referring to the wheel you put on your Phoenix. I screwed up and put the wrong name in the message.
Hey no problem - not busting your chops. I was just proud of my little wheel.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:54 PM
What size spinner will fit. The outside dia. I want to put a headless spinner on to allow more cooling for the motor and esc.
Sep 13, 2011, 11:03 PM
christian theme park operator
Quote:
Originally Posted by club17
What size spinner will fit. The outside dia. I want to put a headless spinner on to allow more cooling for the motor and esc.
The original is 42mm but it's probably a bit too small anyway. Hence, 45mm is a good fit.
Sep 14, 2011, 02:07 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
Quote:
Originally Posted by club17
Theres no vent holes in the firewall .

so a headless / turbo spinner will not work ,at keeping the motor cool..
Sep 19, 2011, 09:10 AM
It's supposed to fly that way?
Hi Skyhawk! I have recently received my Phoenix, and installed a lot of the mods you and others have recommended (fbm224 -love the spoons around the air intakes - incorporated on mine!) but have had to wait for my brother to bring me longer csk screws from the UK for the engine mount/firewall, as almost impossible to find here in southern Spain! Our local group goes soaring from a hilltop near Mojacar; maybe not as pretty as where you are, but it has its moments! Can't maiden for a couple of weeks (brother's holiday plans!) but will try and post pics then! Again thanks to everybody on this thread for all the mods and recommendations, it helps newbies like me make a few less expensive mistakes!
Sep 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosan1
Hi Skyhawk! I have recently received my Phoenix, and installed a lot of the mods you and others have recommended (fbm224 -love the spoons around the air intakes - incorporated on mine!) but have had to wait for my brother to bring me longer csk screws from the UK for the engine mount/firewall, as almost impossible to find here in southern Spain! Our local group goes soaring from a hilltop near Mojacar; maybe not as pretty as where you are, but it has its moments! Can't maiden for a couple of weeks (brother's holiday plans!) but will try and post pics then! Again thanks to everybody on this thread for all the mods and recommendations, it helps newbies like me make a few less expensive mistakes!
I'm half sure the motor mounting screws are M3..

Should be easy enough to get hold of. .

How have you done your firewall , ply or fiberglass...

Sep 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
Have you guys opened up an exit hole for air anywhere in the fuse? It doesn´t matter how much air you try to cram in there if doesn´t have anywhere to exit and create an airflow...

Quick Reply