Nov 15, 2010, 10:17 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Thread OP
Discussion

New Glider from HobbyKING-Phoenix 2000

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13994

just wanted to know what you guys think of ?
is it a Limited motor run type of Glider?
quality?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2010, 11:04 AM
Cant say I am a big fan of bare EPO wings on high performance gliders.
Nov 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
Perhaps, if n when from the USA warehouse.
$69.50 shipping to da states from HK!

Could be used for LMR, yes.

Comes with flaps but not hooked up. One would need to add a couple more servos and linkage and would be no big deal.
Plus, I would use a seperate BEC or seperate small battery pack. Running 6 servos on the included ESC may not be well.

Jared
Last edited by jcstalls; Nov 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typooh
Nov 16, 2010, 12:09 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Waiting for it to show up in the USA Warehouse!
Dec 09, 2010, 07:37 PM
Just ordered a Phoenix 2000, PNP, includes everything except TX, RX and lipo, from the USA warehouse:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=15859
Dec 09, 2010, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
let us know if it flies better than the Radian PRO.....
Dec 09, 2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
let us know if it flies better than the Radian PRO.....

Can't compare to Radian Pro, because I don't have one, the price was, PNP delivered via Parcel Post is $96 plus change, can't beat that for a 2 meter EP glider, with installed, brushless motor, ESC, servos, ready to go.
Dec 09, 2010, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the info Doubletap

let us know how she flies when you get her going :-)
Dec 10, 2010, 02:36 PM
Got my shipping confirmation this morning, it is 5-6 days via Parcel Post.
Dec 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
wow thats a beauty.
Dec 12, 2010, 11:38 AM
I picked up mine from their HK office last week and brought it back with me as checked baggage.

Its a high quality product, both the FG fuse and the EPO wings. My other electric 'glider' is the Clouds Fly and this one easily beats the CF in the quality department.

Started some assembly work today and hooked up the electronics. No beep sound! All four servos are working (at least visually) but either the esc and/or the motor is/are dead! Will do some substitution later this week. The esc looks like a real cheapo - plain yellow with just one 30A sticker attached and the wires are really short. I don't plan on using the Y-harness for the aileron servos so will need some extension wires as the existing ones are too short.

There are quite a few screws included. Can anyone shed some light on the black ones? Where do those go into?

Thanks
Dec 13, 2010, 06:57 PM
I bought this glider on the first day it came out. Flies really well, fuse and foam parts are well made. Some of the other hardware, clevis's for ex., is junk. Got five flights in I think before the moto shorted out. I replaced it with scorpion 2218 I had in a mini ultra stick, so it's back in the air and flying much lighter on. 3s 1300 pack. I had to use a 1800 3s or larger on the stock motor which created cog issues. I added hxt 900 on flaps, a 15 min job, really helps to bring her down steep.

Hey, it was a gamble, probably better of with the radian at $160, but no ail.

I'm happy with it, not thrilled, maybe I just got a bad motor.
Dec 14, 2010, 12:32 AM
One of my flying buddies reinforced it, sealed the rudder and fly it like a warm liner. He use it as a practice plane to hot liner.
Dec 14, 2010, 05:23 AM
The esc's dead - replacing with a Turnigy Plush 30A. Fired up the motor and there was a fair bit of vibration at start up but smoothen off when throttle is increased.

Does the firewall/mount need reinforcement? How do you guys reinforced yours?

Thanks!
Dec 25, 2010, 06:48 AM
This thread is for the Phoenix 2000 electric glider, for the benefit of those doing a search for this glider.

Quick Reply