Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (Part 4) - Page 592 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 25, 2012, 07:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wregie
Thanks all for the imput.
Wing is clipped 6 inches and glued together. I,ll finishe the rest when I get time.
I am also waiting for the custom motor mount to arrive from the states.
It's a good idea to use a CF spar in the wing; especially if you aren't using struts.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
Registered User
Wregie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
It's a good idea to use a CF spar in the wing; especially if you aren't using struts.
I intend to use a CF rod and the struts shortened to suit.

Would you put the CF rod on the top or bottom of the wing? I was planning on putting it on the bottom for estetic reasons and was thinking once epoxied in to the bottom it should be strong enough though I guess on top would be a little stronger
Oct 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
SuperCub DSM
spektrumforever's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaksno
Here's more info from a previous post as an alternative to Heads Up:

Motor - $16 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86ma08-2215-1150kv.html

ESC - $11,70 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1003-30a-esc.html

Servos - $2.88 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/9gmiseexis1.html

Battery - $20.58 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-2600-3s1p.html

Super Cub Motor Mount for an E-flite Park 480 - $15.99
http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...products_id=17

Horns, hinge, etc - $10 max.

Good flyin'

jaksno
hey this is what i put on mine and it works great now my super cub can do a vertical very fun:

MOTOR: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail

ESC: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-40-Amp/Detail

that what i recommend.
Oct 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Registered User

OFF TOPIC...help


I know this is the SC forum, fly it on a regular basis and the hints, trials and tribulations are fun to read ! ! !
Sorry....question off topic....but have a lot of experts here, someone might be able to help. Can't find any info anywhere.
Have just started to build an RC sailboat. The DX6 and Orange receivers I presently use will be used in it.
Question: normally you bind the receiver by plugging into the ESC which plugs into the receiver.....etc....etc....etc. With the boat, no ESC used.Just servos and battery. How do you bind with that setup ? ? ?
\Sorry to butt in...hope someone can help.
Thanks ! !
Zork
Oct 25, 2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
The ESC provides power to the Rx. Without an ESC you just power the Rx with your battery.
Oct 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
Bombs away!!!
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
What type if radio?
Oct 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork
I know this is the SC forum, fly it on a regular basis and the hints, trials and tribulations are fun to read ! ! !
Sorry....question off topic....but have a lot of experts here, someone might be able to help. Can't find any info anywhere.
Have just started to build an RC sailboat. The DX6 and Orange receivers I presently use will be used in it.
Question: normally you bind the receiver by plugging into the ESC which plugs into the receiver.....etc....etc....etc. With the boat, no ESC used.Just servos and battery. How do you bind with that setup ? ? ?
\Sorry to butt in...hope someone can help.
Thanks ! !
Zork
can the guys here help? https://www.rcgroups.com/sailboats-59/
Oct 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wregie
I intend to use a CF rod and the struts shortened to suit.

Would you put the CF rod on the top or bottom of the wing? I was planning on putting it on the bottom for estetic reasons and was thinking once epoxied in to the bottom it should be strong enough though I guess on top would be a little stronger
Yep, put it on the bottom. Melt a channel for the CF with a old soldering tip or dremel it out. Put plenty of Epoxy in the channel and set the CF in that. I had a wing peel right off of the CF rod; probably because I didn't use enough epoxy.
Oct 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork
I know this is the SC forum, fly it on a regular basis and the hints, trials and tribulations are fun to read ! ! !
Sorry....question off topic....but have a lot of experts here, someone might be able to help. Can't find any info anywhere.
Have just started to build an RC sailboat. The DX6 and Orange receivers I presently use will be used in it.
Question: normally you bind the receiver by plugging into the ESC which plugs into the receiver.....etc....etc....etc. With the boat, no ESC used.Just servos and battery. How do you bind with that setup ? ? ?
\Sorry to butt in...hope someone can help.
Thanks ! !
Zork
No no no...you bind the RX by plugging a jumper into the RX, not the esc. Check online for the manual to the orange RXs.
Oct 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
Took the Night Cub out for a spin tonight

night flying (1 min 5 sec)
Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
Closed Account
Great flying, smitty... and that sucker really lights it up.
Oct 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Noob
ManiZ's Avatar
Very cool. I wonder how many UFO sightings were called in as a result of your flight
Oct 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiZ
Very cool. I wonder how many UFO sightings were called in as a result of your flight
Its funny you say that cause i do get a bunch of people stopping and asking what it is some from as far as 1/2 mile away
Oct 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
Registered User
Im still losing contact between radio and RX. Pretty sure it happened the other day. Just real quick blips of nothing. Its hard to tell because its gusty here. Plane is always getting knocked around. I forgot the check the RX for blinking.

But today i lost contact for a couple seconds. Felt like forever. Just about crashed down in the valley. I was about to give up and just start walking to it. Luckily i kept the throttle pinned with the elevator pulled full back. Watching watching watching....then boom it comes back to life. I was thinking to myself NEVER EVER give up. Wow that was nerve racking.

I get some altitude and circle around to try and land on the dirt road. Im flying in the desert. Its losing contact still but just real quick. Heart is pumping like mad and i get it back over to me and land safely.

RX is blinking. I took a pic. Its not the cleanest setup. My satellite RX is down lower...sandwiched between the side of the battery box and the foam. The sat RX had a solid red light. Not sure if it blinks too sometimes.

I went into my MONITOR with everything still turned on. The controls move smoothly. I dont know what the hell to do. Would suck having to send in the TX and wait.

What you guys think?
Oct 27, 2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop
Im still losing contact between radio and RX. Pretty sure it happened the other day. Just real quick blips of nothing. Its hard to tell because its gusty here. Plane is always getting knocked around. I forgot the check the RX for blinking.

But today i lost contact for a couple seconds. Felt like forever. Just about crashed down in the valley. I was about to give up and just start walking to it. Luckily i kept the throttle pinned with the elevator pulled full back. Watching watching watching....then boom it comes back to life. I was thinking to myself NEVER EVER give up. Wow that was nerve racking.

I get some altitude and circle around to try and land on the dirt road. Im flying in the desert. Its losing contact still but just real quick. Heart is pumping like mad and i get it back over to me and land safely.

RX is blinking. I took a pic. Its not the cleanest setup. My satellite RX is down lower...sandwiched between the side of the battery box and the foam. The sat RX had a solid red light. Not sure if it blinks too sometimes.

I went into my MONITOR with everything still turned on. The controls move smoothly. I dont know what the hell to do. Would suck having to send in the TX and wait.

What you guys think?
What TX are you using? DX5E?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (part 3) ArsonDave Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 33164 Nov 15, 2010 12:35 AM
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (Part 2) guapoman2000 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 1102 Jul 03, 2008 12:34 PM
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (part I) TheDustyPagan Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 8442 Apr 19, 2008 09:23 PM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 4 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 824 May 31, 2004 02:00 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 2 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 565 Feb 17, 2004 11:35 AM