Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (Part 4) - Page 586 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 12, 2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy
I've been riding since the age of 13... but the old bones are taking longer and longer to mend so I think my two wheel days are about over...
what did you ride? i have an inkling but i won't say it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 12:36 AM
Planes in flames,,,
jetpackninja's Avatar
Motorcycles are my other passion.
I hope you like the Sporty.
I have a Road King that is the same year.
I friend of mine has a custom made canvas bag that he can stick a few flying wings in.
I'd love to combine my two hobbies and be able to haul a couple of planes on the luggage rack and put the radio and a few batteries in the saddlebags

I'm also getting to the age where I'm not always sure my knee or ankle is going to hold the weight of the bike. Maybe the next one will have three wheels

To keep on thread- HZ Supercub ROCKS!
Oct 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Bombs away!!!
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
One reason why this thread is one of my favorites is we can get side tracked and no one throws a fit.
Oct 13, 2012, 12:57 AM
Planes in flames,,,
jetpackninja's Avatar
Agreed. There is enough insanity to go around out there on the internet and on some other forums on RC Groups. Thanks guys for keeping this one a friendly place. The old supercub is going to have to wait around until I'm over being mad at myself for crashing it but it's still one of my favorite planes
Oct 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
I gave up the powered 2 wheels ages ago. Although I still have 5 pedal powered bikes. Of which one is electric powered. (DIY job).
I must sometime tell why I got my Super cub..
Oct 13, 2012, 06:59 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
One reason why this thread is one of my favorites is we can get side tracked and no one throws a fit.
I agree, isn't it wonderful, more like a picnic with friends and family at the flying field, on a warn windless Sunday afternoon.
Rn
Oct 13, 2012, 07:28 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
I gave up the powered 2 wheels ages ago. Although I still have 5 pedal powered bikes. Of which one is electric powered. (DIY job).
I must sometime tell why I got my Super cub..
I did too, but that was when I was working long and hard, raising kids, paying bills and living in the Washington DC area. It was horrible to ride around there.
Now, it is all different. Now, living in the center of Iowa, I have laying out in front of me, thousands of miles of smooth, straight country backtops, with an occasional "S" turn for fun, and random monster combines and slow moving farm machinery to maneuver around, which gives us another opportunity to rip up through the gears again, to listen to the Harleys roar, (short impromptu races with my buds, up to 80 or 90 mph for a short time) and small towns every 6 to 10 miles with mom and pop restaurants with wonderful sandwiches and fresh coffee.
I am really going to hate winter this year........
Rn
Oct 13, 2012, 07:35 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
dbdukeboy's Avatar
A warm windless afternoon, does that actually happen???
I Hobby convention tomorrow, I can't wait! I'm going to miss the Browns win the first game of the year to go. Or not, most likely not :-) it should be a good show though. It was on the news and the horizon hobby booth was in the background. I could see a super cub hanging. Maybe Horizon will be introducing something new at the show.
Oct 13, 2012, 07:54 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
what did you ride? i have an inkling but i won't say it.



(all of 'em)
Oct 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
I agree, isn't it wonderful, more like a picnic with friends and family at the flying field, on a warn windless Sunday afternoon.
Rn
Pass the potato salad, please.
Oct 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy



(all of 'em)
ah. i thought dirtbikes. riding those made my bones need mending.
Oct 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Pass the potato salad, please.
eating some on a couple sandwiches right now! It's MINE
Oct 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
ah. i thought dirtbikes. riding those made my bones need mending.
hahaha...

Actually... I had dirt, street, touring, etc... but the worst were the two that cost me alimony
Oct 14, 2012, 01:24 AM
Registered User
Hello SuperCub rockin mother effers!!!
Need some basic advice. Have not flown
in awhile. Outta nowhere decided to finish
this old cub thats been sitting.

Its got the cheap orange turnigy 3530-1100.
Running off a 3 cell cheapo 2200.

Used to love learning about all the different
props. Different motors. Its been so long i
cant remember sh!). I have a box full of
props that i thought i would need. Now i
cant remember what to use.

I like the idea of thrust and efficiency
over top speed. So the long winded question
is what prop should i use? If not too windy
tomorrow morn might actually launch this
bitch.
Oct 14, 2012, 01:43 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop
Hello SuperCub rockin mother effers!!!
Need some basic advice. Have not flown
in awhile. Outta nowhere decided to finish
this old cub thats been sitting.

Its got the cheap orange turnigy 3530-1100.
Running off a 3 cell cheapo 2200.

Used to love learning about all the different
props. Different motors. Its been so long i
cant remember sh!). I have a box full of
props that i thought i would need. Now i
cant remember what to use.

I like the idea of thrust and efficiency
over top speed. So the long winded question
is what prop should i use? If not too windy
tomorrow morn might actually launch this
bitch.
Try a 9X5 that should keep the speed down for ya.
Or even a 10X4 if you have ground clearance.
Ron


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (part 3) ArsonDave Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 33164 Nov 15, 2010 12:35 AM
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (Part 2) guapoman2000 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 1102 Jul 03, 2008 12:34 PM
Discussion Ultimate HobbyZone SuperCub Help Thread (part I) TheDustyPagan Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 8442 Apr 19, 2008 09:23 PM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 4 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 824 May 31, 2004 02:00 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 2 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 565 Feb 17, 2004 11:35 AM