Jan 14, 2011, 08:57 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!

Well, that went well

It appears we all love to brag on our stupidity. Shows what caliber of people we are here on this thread. No one is so full off themselves, that they can't poke fun at themselves.
(Only the truly secure will indulge in self deprecating humor.)

Having said that, I think to add another dimension to this riff, we find an impartial judge to determine who gets bragging rights to the following:
1. Plain stupid
2.Most technical stupid.
If someone can think of another category we can add to judge, please advise.

We need an impartial judge.Somebody with enuff patience to sort through them. I'd say NFZ "Chuck" But he would be totally hindered by Gene-o humpin on his leg, begging for his vote.
Soooo, any nominees?

BTW, Gene-o already wins most gay asst for his weiner dog entry
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2011, 10:06 AM
That was a dog ?

I thought it was a hairless squirel !!
Jan 14, 2011, 10:08 AM
I'm still laughing about Ty's #16.... total slapstick humour, and no flying necessary, love it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=836
Jan 14, 2011, 10:20 AM
FAA - Foam Abusers Anonymous
37. Neglect to check control horns after high speed vertical landing. Take off and find you have no rudder control and having to choose between hitting the school or ending up on the highway beyond the school. School walls do not promote soft landings.

38. Practice touch & go’s at local football field, while cutting wider and wider around goalposts forget about that dastardly Super Cub eating tree across the running track.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:33 AM
just got notice the 3s2200 40C packs with xt60 connectors are in stock-
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10279

if anyone is needing some. picked up a few myself along with half a dozen servos (never know when ya need them!).
Jan 14, 2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare
So are you sayin quittin the smoke , wont help me complexion?
Seriously??
Day 12 and I'd trade one a Gene-o's gonads for a marlballer.
His wife, would trade them for even less
Show good determination/discipline on your part, as the aforementioned trade objects have long ago fallen off the tree and are, at this point, rare as hen's teeth and priceless as well.
Jan 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare
It appears we all love to brag on our stupidity. Shows what caliber of people we are here on this thread. No one is so full off themselves, that they can't poke fun at themselves.
(Only the truly secure will indulge in self deprecating humor.)

Having said that, I think to add another dimension to this riff, we find an impartial judge to determine who gets bragging rights to the following:
1. Plain stupid
2.Most technical stupid.
If someone can think of another category we can add to judge, please advise.

We need an impartial judge.Somebody with enuff patience to sort through them. I'd say NFZ "Chuck" But he would be totally hindered by Gene-o humpin on his leg, begging for his vote.
Soooo, any nominees?

BTW, Gene-o already wins most gay asst for his weiner dog entry
So, 'wiener dog (same as weiner dog, I think) entry' won't get us banned from this site??? Cool.
Jan 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
39a. Think the SC is so easy to fly you just hand the radio to a kid and expect they can fly it.

39b. Do the same thing, but hand the radio to your brother (10 years older than me) and expect he can fly it.

Yeah, I did this. We were on a dry lake bed 15 minutes from Henderson, NV so nothing around. I figured the kid could keep it in the air a little bit. Straight into the ground! My brother did the same.

First was on my modified SC with the typhoon2 brushless/gearbox. need to replace the gearbox. (actually replaced with one of them turnigy outrunners (the 1100 i believe).

Second was a new lipo version I picked up while in Colorado for the weekend. Masking tape and elmers glue put it back together and in the air.

With the 1/4 scale cub I almost nailed a wind sock on take off. I was having trouble keeping rudder/aileron straight in my head that day. Drifted to the right toward the fence and pit area. Pulled up hard and banked right at the last second to avoid it. Would not have been pretty. Also had the motor die on me during take off (same day). Stupid servo travel wasn't adjusted so too much throttle would actually cut off fuel flow. Thank goodness for the awesome glide capabilities of the Cub!
Jan 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
Philippians 4:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
I'm still laughing about Ty's #16.... total slapstick humour, and no flying necessary, love it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=836
I didn't laugh when it happened
Jan 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
Last words "heard" by a super cub...

Hold my beer, watch this!
Jan 14, 2011, 05:11 PM
Airspeed, altitude, and brains
#40. Helping a buddy try to maiden his brand new SC. I took off, got it up high enough, handed off the controls. He was doing OK with my telling him which inputs to use, but the breeze kept moving the plane farther away. (I suggested that we wait til a calm day...he wouldn't listen) It was getting a long way out, but still well within range of my Dx5e/Ar500 combo, so let him have a free hand. Oh ! He is still using stock RTF!! Flies out of range...ends up in top of a tree...90 to 100 ft...stays there for 2 days...blows out...no harm done!

-Craig-
Jan 14, 2011, 06:40 PM
Maybe we can get crash n burn "Gabby" to judge.

No direct teasin or raggin on Gene-o's dogs. He's fair game, but the dogs have feelings we must respect.
Jan 14, 2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
I didn't laugh when it happened
I'll bet you didnt. Imagine doin that with an airliner. In front of everyone at the lhs no less and we all laughed... ha ha ha
Jan 14, 2011, 08:44 PM
CV-63/VR-62
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
39a. Think the SC is so easy to fly you just hand the radio to a kid and expect they can fly it.

39b. Do the same thing, but hand the radio to your brother (10 years older than me) and expect he can fly it.
I did the same thing with my wife. The first 10 seconds went great until I told her to pull up. The intensity of my instruction grew as she pushed up on the rudder stick.

After the crash she just turned and walked back to the house. No words where exchanged.
Jan 14, 2011, 09:10 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
anyone else watching the "Flying Wild Alaska" premiere on Discovery channel?

Its pretty good so far... Bush planes...

Quick Reply