Nov 23, 2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub View Post
How are you going to pay for your war; we already have Fort Knox.
He'll just put it on the tab
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hog Pen View Post
Hey...I already have a Champ, and rockin' on that thing...thinking about getting a Super Cub for grins...is it even worth it, or should I just move right on up to an aileron plane?

Thanks!
The Super Cub and most any plane this size covers a lot more ground and lands a lot faster than than Champ size planes. For that reason alone it is good to fly a larger three channel plane before moving on to ailerons. The Super Cub is a great platform because it can be fitted with ailerons fairly easily.
Nov 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I always fly my cub first to get my fingers warmed up.
It's also the last I fly so I can relax after sphincter tightening edf flights.
It's kinda like a cigarette after the act.
LOL. That's is just too funny.
Nov 23, 2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I always fly my cub first to get my fingers warmed up.
It's also the last I fly so I can relax after sphincter tightening edf flights.
It's kinda like a cigarette after the act.
i do the same. SC for first and last flights. need the warm up before the faster planes go up (stryker and a jetiger edf). on the other hand, i fly the stryker before i fly the 1/4 scale cub (or anything that cost a couple thousand $$).

been trying to get time and go flying with my buddy but it just hasn't worked out. i've been anxious to maiden the A-10. i've got a multiplex twinstar 2 still in the box (receiver ready) that i've been wanting to fly, too. wish i could say the airliner, p-38 and cessna 421 were ready
Nov 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
In the 20' glider range
Heading out to the field (bout 200 yards other direction).
Got some snow so Im going to use the floats... Vroom lol
Nov 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Get a T-28...either full-sized or Micro...Then mod your own Super Cub...or just commence to modding the Super Cub!...You're ready!
Nov 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
Balsa taste like chicken!
80 degrees and rain, I wish we had some snow! We've had high wind and heat since Friday. Told the Air Marshall "Let's move to Alaska!", That went down like a radio glitch! (alot of growling, twitching, and nervousness) Charger
Nov 23, 2010, 11:59 AM
In the 20' glider range
I love the snow. Even more than Gene-o likes his banana and mayo sandwich
Nov 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
What goes up must come down..
Hi all I should have came here first and read this thread!
I bought a SC LP version (defective) at e-bay only to find out about it today when it arrive I have a bad RXESC with some strange 5 wires servo's!
I am dead broke now due to shipping + tax + duty fees.
I need a RXESC on ch.#2 if I want to fly this one B4 I got kill here!
I'll have to find replacement power fet but I need a good picture of the electronic side or what would be better is a defective RXESC that the servo's side is working but not the ESC..any ch. #
Anyone?
Roger
Last edited by rodair; Nov 24, 2010 at 06:15 AM.
Nov 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
If you just want to replace the RxESC you can get it here:

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/H...listType=parts
Nov 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
What goes up must come down..
Turner2
Thanks for the info's..
If I could get a bad RXESC from one ppl here I beleive this is the bad Fet here only for ESC.
Another thing would be that I get another ESC 20A 2 x 9gr ones and use another radio that I have from another plane.
I don't Santa made a bad decision..
The positive part is I have an airframe with motor gb prop LG wheel a lipo + charger..
I wanted to liten to Turner and broke loose to order the part alas it will have to wait.
Anyone here have a defective one that they want to depart from? for a good cause?

Roger
Last edited by rodair; Nov 24, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Nov 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
Real Time Recon
something interesting 4 u guys>>>https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post16629625
Nov 23, 2010, 03:01 PM
That'd make a really quick cub! Now how on earth does doppler work after the fact?
Nov 23, 2010, 03:42 PM
Real Time Recon
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_hillis View Post
That'd make a really quick cub! Now how on earth does doppler work after the fact?
Dunno But i guess it does.Guess it can read the speed (off the object in the video)
Nov 23, 2010, 04:41 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
What about the change of pitch in the sound?
Isn't the Doppler Effect caused by the compression of sound waves as the emission source nears, causing a higher pitch sound, then as it passes and moves away the waves are farther apart...with a lower pitch.
Last edited by Brent Slensker; Nov 23, 2010 at 05:20 PM.