Mar 29, 2011, 07:10 AM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneVT
Finally got her back guys.

Need some advice on the LiPo though (Tenergy 3S 1350 mAh, fairly new). After a solid week outdoors in the cold, measured .430 V stone cold from the rescue. After 36 hours indoors has rebounded to 3.14 V...still waaaay below minimum voltage. Is this battery toast? Is it dangerous to even have around? Looks completely normal; not puffed or weird looking. I've read about jacking a LiPo up on a NiCad charger to where it will start accepting a normal charge but I aint doin nuthin till I get some informed feedback from smarter guys than me.

Whataya think?

LaneVT
While we're waiting for the smarter guys to log on, here's my take on it.
I seen guys try to get them back with the Ni charges and then switch to the Lipo chargers too. They never return to the capacity they were before.
Right now in its discharged state it is not a fire hazard. If you attempt charging it will be.

You can replace that battery for 8 bucks plus shipping. Is it worth messing with?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16775

Attempted lipo destruction. (1 min 22 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2011, 08:00 AM
More Altitude, Less Attitude!
I modded my brother's old red-striped Cub with Spektrum gear, 3-wire servos, a PKZ Corsair motor, and lipo battery. I re-maidened yesterday. NICE! Totally different bird! I think he will like it.
Mar 29, 2011, 09:31 AM
Outstanding in a gravity field
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing
I modded my brother's old red-striped Cub with Spektrum gear, 3-wire servos, a PKZ Corsair motor, and lipo battery. I re-maidened yesterday. NICE! Totally different bird! I think he will like it.
If he doesn't realize just how fortunate he is to have such a conscientious brother; he soon will.

You get to pick out two (2) official 'ATTA-BOYS' from the bucket, and if he likes it, you may then pick out one (1) additional official 'ATTA BOY', no more or no less than that number, being one (1), for a grand total of three (3), being the possible maximum, which is only one (1) more in addition to the guaranteed minimum which can be attained, which is two (2).

Yea. I was quite impressed by the DRAMATIC differences between the OEM configuration and 'genetically altered state' enhancement version.

Well worth the efforts.
Last edited by Max Headspeed; Mar 29, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Mar 29, 2011, 11:00 AM
Wow youre fast cloaked. Crazy main wing there.

Flew the Cub with a 10/8 prop finally. Lot more fun

Got the gf to try it out. She did awesome very impressed.

Question about hooking up a turnigy brushless. Gonna order a motor mount and ESC but do i need special longer wires and connectors? Anything else im missing for BL conversion? Thanks for all the help guys.

this is the motor https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3883
Mar 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
Big Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop

Flew the Cub with a 10/8 prop finally. Lot more fun

Got the gf to try it out. She did awesome very impressed.

Question about hooking up a turnigy brushless. Gonna order a motor mount and ESC but do i need special longer wires and connectors? Anything else im missing for BL conversion? Thanks for all the help guys.

this is the motor https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3883

Awesome on getting the girlfriend to fly; I'm still working on the wife (she takes great photos so no complaints from me).

In regards to the upgrade,what plane do you have? The bnf or the rtf? I had the rtf and had to completely gut the plane: servos, rx/new tx, brushless esc, and motor. Just want to make sure you're covered!

eta: from the pic looks like rtf
Mar 29, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneVT
Finally got her back guys.

After 7 days stuck in the trees out in the snow/rain/wind/zero to teens degree nights and 20 to 30 degree day temps, remarkably little damage from the whole ordeal. A few very minor dings/dents/scratches and prop is chewed up a little from thrashin' through the branches.
LaneVT
Light Weight Spackle will fill those wing chunks. You can spritz on some CA after you get it fair and the patch will turn rock hard - or leave it, or use some poly acrylic, or...

Glad you got it back!

jo
Last edited by jaksno; Mar 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Mar 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Quote:
Not that fast mate, had that wing already to go for a while. I just added the Dowel and Ailerons last night.

Try these for your ESC's and Motors!

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5487

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5488
Mar 29, 2011, 04:58 PM
Yes the RTF version. Those wire look nice. Just placed a HK order too darn it. I still need an ESC, rx, and servos. Guess a new prop too.

Those wires you linked go between ESC and receiver?
Mar 29, 2011, 05:07 PM
Admitted Absolute Airplane NUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headspeed
If he doesn't realize just how fortunate he is to have such a conscientious brother; he soon will.

You get to pick out two (2) official 'ATTA-BOYS' from the bucket, and if he likes it, you may then pick out one (1) additional official 'ATTA BOY', no more or no less than that number, being one (1), for a grand total of three (3), being the possible maximum, which is only one (1) more in addition to the guaranteed minimum which can be attained, which is two (2).

Yea. I was quite impressed by the DRAMATIC differences between the OEM configuration and 'genetically altered state' enhancement version.

Well worth the efforts.
Just remember, though, one AW CRAP wipes out a thousand atta boys. Hate to rain on the parade!!
Mar 29, 2011, 05:10 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Quote:
Yes the RTF version. Those wire look nice. Just placed a HK order too darn it. I still need an ESC, rx, and servos. Guess a new prop too.

Those wires you linked go between ESC and receiver?
I solder them on to my ESC and onto my Motor, makes it real easy to disconnect in a hurry.

I can highly recommend the Mystery 40amp/30amp/20amp series, they are cheap reliable RARELY get warm only down side is no programming card I know works with them so its all done via the TX which is a PITA!

This is what my SC is running Right now... well actually its above just check that out.

HXT900 Servos are the servo of choice for tightarses like you and me. They are cheap, accurate and strong.

Mystery is much the same.

As for Motor Nav seems to want to fornicate with his Turnigy 35-36 motor so you could always give that a go!
Mar 29, 2011, 05:19 PM
Thinking about buying a Dx6i. Is this receiver too small to work with a 40amp ESC? Does that even matter? I see the bigger OrangeRx but its backorder.

Plus need one for lite stryker you guys seen that page? Check it out.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11972
Mar 29, 2011, 05:21 PM
Already got this motor. Have to check out the 35-36...not sure the diff

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=3883
Mar 29, 2011, 05:50 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Already got this motor. Have to check out the 35-36...not sure the diff

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=3883
about 300 watts.
Stick with the 3530 unless you want to rebuild the air frame with carbon fiber.
Mar 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
cool man!! About to check out of HK but i cant find 10/7 prop/

I see GWS 1060 and 9050.

Any advice i really want to hit pay before stuff gets outta stock
Mar 29, 2011, 06:12 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
cool man!! About to check out of HK but i cant find 10/7 prop/

I see GWS 1060 and 9050.

Any advice i really want to hit pay before stuff gets outta stock
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7955