Dec 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
Thats great news Frank. Have fun. Play with eepe and learn how to mix, and click the simulate button to see what they can do.!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd
I now have a ER9X!!!!! Boy, am I happy!
Frank
I just had a flash back. Now feel the power of er9x.

I'm going to put BIG er9x decals on the wing of my next model.
Dec 10, 2011, 10:58 PM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd
I scraped the pc board of the tx with a single edge razor. I used my wife's emory board to burnish the smartieparts board's contacts.
In my opinion, people are treating these contacts far too roughly. I've done two now and have dome nothing more drastic than a really good scrubbing with 99% isopropyl alcohol in one case and wicking off excess solder from the pads in the other (followed by alcohol). As for the pogo contacts on the Smartie board, they are gold plated and just need to be cleaned with alcohol.

The roughest thing I would use on the pads would be a pencil eraser. I believe scraping is likely to make things worse.

Steven, any thoughts?
Dec 11, 2011, 12:46 AM
Registered Loser
Agreed... although, people have reported many times that "scraping" has helped so I've been hesitant to argue against what apparently works. Still, I believe for electronic transfer, smooth is generally better than rough. Rough is good for paint and glue... not so much for electrons

- Steven
Dec 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
Folks I am in need of help here.Let me start from the begining.
First: I have the 1st gen hardware board in my FlySky so I had to do the solder thing where I had to install the wire from the tx board to the smartieparts board. As for as I can tell that went ok.
Second:Have installed the drives and it shows up ok.
Third:I get a error when I plug the tx into the pc.(SEE PIC)and try to use the eepe program.I can't install the new FW into the tx or read the info in the tx.
I have done what others and Steven has said.I have removed board,cleaned and checked the pins to see if they where straight.I used a ohm meter to check the usb cable that came with the smartieparts board and its ok.
Reinstall,same thing happens,so I done it all over again but still no go.I do have power in the tx when pluged into the pc.
I am using WIN 7 x64 Home Premium.But if you look at the pic it shows the program is installed in>>>>>>>
C/program file/x86
Is this right??
And now for some reason on the tx,the exit button stopped working.So I removed the tx board so I could push the button in without pushing the button on the outside of the tx and it doesn't work.Has anyone ever had this problem?If so what can I do?
Please help with these problems.
Thanks
Tom
Dec 11, 2011, 12:08 PM
Here is the pic.
Dec 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
sounds like you have a problem on the solder, maybe a bridge formed when you added the wire. Maybe post a nice hires picture of the place you soldered the wire on that we can have a look
Dec 11, 2011, 06:40 PM

Bad screw up here

Well I open the tx up again to check my soldering.STUPID ME
What I did was solder the wire to the 5th pin instead of the 6th pin.I guess I will have a FRYSKY for a paper weight now.
So I redone the solder on the right pin.NOW my menu and exit button will not work but I did get the new FW installed.
Does anyone have any suggestion on what could be wrong and could there be a fix?
Can another board be bought?
Thanks
Tom
Last edited by deadaim57; Dec 11, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Dec 11, 2011, 07:15 PM
Good news on the firmware deadaim, I would imagine that over on the custom fw thread they would be able to better help you diagnose and repair the button issues. I'm sure that a wire break or solder is the problem.
Dec 11, 2011, 08:06 PM
Ok thanks
Tom
Dec 12, 2011, 05:26 AM
You Know What I Mean

ER9X+eePe+SmartieParts=Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by erazz
Is custom FW for you? If the answer is yes this add-on board is a very easy way to go that route.

You guys are the coolest! This 9X Add-on Programmer Board was sooo easy to install, remove and reinstall in a 2nd transmitter. The best little product for this job on the planet. Bought everything to use the soldering method ... luckily i found the SmartieParts board before attempting it.

eePe was just a gem to use and i am eternally grateful mate.
The ER9X Firmware looks fantastic compared to the Turnigy Crapware. Cant wait to familiarise myself with it. I had ZERO problems with installation of drivers, or the flashing of the firmware, or installing eePe, etc.
A very uncomplicated and speedy process with mind-blowing capabilities.
Awesome! Now the FLAP switch works the FLAPS. What a great idea.

Many, many thanks to ERAZZ, SmartieParts and all involved in writing firmware for the 9X and the eePe software. I just can't say enough good things about this project. Cheers to RC Groups for giving me ALL the information i required to flash the fantastic ER9X frimware, including links to drivers, etc.
Last edited by LaserBeam; Dec 12, 2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Dec 12, 2011, 08:16 AM
Registered Loser
Nice first post LaserBeam! Enjoy.
Dec 12, 2011, 04:03 PM
Row 0, Seat A

Sacré bleu!

A couple of pages back I posted pictures of the carnage done by the post office (either USPS or Post Canada) to the SP board Steven sent to me earlier this month. Steven quickly sent a replacement which I received today sans a wheel track across the box. Surely a result of his note on the box!

However...

When I opened the box I found that this board had also been damaged! This time only one of the pogo pins had been smashed. I straightened the board-mounted portion of the pin, found the remaining loose parts and they went back together seemingly OK. I'll know for sure when I get the chance in a few days to install it in my newest radio.

Perhaps Steven should have written his note in English, French and Joisey (You benda my board I breaka youse skrawney neck!).

Ted
Dec 12, 2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted

Ted
OUCH! Could it be that some vindictive malcontent in the USPS chose to smash the package rather than run over it in response to the little note on the package .. I'm thinking yes.
Dec 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
OUCH! Could it be that some vindictive malcontent in the USPS chose to smash the package rather than run over it in response to the little note on the package .. I'm thinking yes.
Funny thing is that the box as delivered was in pristine condition. No rubs/wrinkles/dirt/wheel tracks, nothing. Methinks it's some kind of bad karma!

Ted

Quick Reply