Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 04, 2011, 07:42 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
Ok folks it is really time for me to upgrade my battery. And to make sure I am correct this battery does a good job and fits in the 9X battery compartment along with the Smartieparts Board USB port.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Am I correct before I buy more stuff that I cannot use in my still somewhat newbeeness.
Thanks to anyone that can let me know.
Link doesn't work.

Ted
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2011, 07:48 PM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
Link doesn't work.

Ted
Try this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Dec 04, 2011, 08:14 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
That works.

I use one of those in a Futaba Tx where it is a tight fit. I just tried it in my 9x and it doesn't quite fit. I suppose you could force it in, but not my style. I currently use this one and am a happy camper.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17955

Ted
Dec 04, 2011, 08:47 PM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
That works.

I use one of those in a Futaba Tx where it is a tight fit. I just tried it in my 9x and it doesn't quite fit. I suppose you could force it in, but not my style. I currently use this one and am a happy camper.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17955

Ted
Everytime someone points me to the one that is known to work and be able to close the lid with the USB in there also they are always out of stock.
Dec 04, 2011, 10:50 PM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Today I discovered a reason NOT us use a 2S battery with the 9x -- because an idiot like me might just plug the balance plug in rather than the correct plug (which is the same plug) -- thus letting out the smoke.

3S balance plug won't fit. From now on I'm going to protect myself from my stupidity and use 3S batteries with the 9x.
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Dec 04, 2011, 11:09 PM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
Scott, sucks about the radio, some have replaced the voltage regulators that get smoked by that.

Think about this.... I use both, 3s and 2s, but I never take the special balance plug out of the radio, instead I have a 2 inch lead, and I put a little red JST connector, like the main one on alot of 2s batteries. (not to be confused with the white jst-xh balance conn) Then, there isno mistake... the one in the radio stays there, when I have to change batts, just pull apart the red one and i have a ton of batteries with that same main connector on it,,,, i just pick one and adjust voltage alarm for whatever I grab.

Pat
Dec 05, 2011, 01:19 AM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd
When I click"Read flash memory from tx", A window appears "AVRDUDE- Read flash from tx" and the contents section is blank. When I first tried this.a while ago" I got a window that appears to be scanning and then the message can't find USBasp. Now nothing. I checked to make sure that the pins were straight and snug.
Thank you.
Frank
I am having the same problem I attached a screen shot.At first I had problems getting the usbasp updated and loaded.I went throught the steps to correct that and now the usbasp is working but still can not flash my 9x.
Dec 05, 2011, 01:23 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
I am having the same problem I attached a screen shot.At first I had problems getting the usbasp updated and loaded.I went throught the steps to correct that and now the usbasp is working but still can not flash my 9x.
This has never happened to me -- until today. Same thing -- just blank window.
I shut down - restarted -- and the problem did not reoccur.
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Dec 05, 2011, 02:45 AM
I love to be above the clouds
with er9x I can get 12 channels out of my 9x yes? how does that work ? do I need to add more switches and such? can it be done throu usb and how?
Dec 05, 2011, 09:12 AM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFPVER
with er9x I can get 12 channels out of my 9x yes? how does that work ? do I need to add more switches and such? can it be done throu usb and how?
Anybody can jump in and correct me -- but the answer is no. You are limited to 8 PPM channels out -- at least with the stock transmitter module and receiver.

It's possible that with other transmitter modules and corresponding receivers you can use more channels.
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Dec 05, 2011, 09:52 AM
ysb
ysb
use the force..or a quadcopter
ysb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Anybody can jump in and correct me -- but the answer is no. You are limited to 8 PPM channels out -- at least with the stock transmitter module and receiver.

It's possible that with other transmitter modules and corresponding receivers you can use more channels.

Yes, if you flash the firmware with the er9x alternative, you can control up to 16 channels... but you need a new transmitter/receiver like a Chainlink/ Rangelink LRS system...

i use it with a chainlink without problem and i control the the full 12 channels receiver..
Dec 05, 2011, 03:32 PM
Lipoly Killer
Frank Hurd's Avatar

Progress


First, thank you guys for your suggestions and, most of all, taking time to teach an old dog some new tricks. I had my usb cable plugged in to a hub. Thanks to Ted, I learned that was a no-no. I plugged the usb plug directly to the computer and the USBasp device didn't have the driver. Downloaded from Steven's website and followed his directions-I now know for sure that the driver is correctly installed! One victory for the dummy! However, when I went to the eePe program, I'm still getting the blank screeen for the AVRdude. I will now check on gohsthb'd suggestions. We are making progress!!!
Dec 05, 2011, 04:45 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd
First, thank you guys for your suggestions and, most of all, taking time to teach an old dog some new tricks. I had my usb cable plugged in to a hub. Thanks to Ted, I learned that was a no-no. I plugged the usb plug directly to the computer and the USBasp device didn't have the driver. Downloaded from Steven's website and followed his directions-I now know for sure that the driver is correctly installed! One victory for the dummy! However, when I went to the eePe program, I'm still getting the blank screeen for the AVRdude. I will now check on gohsthb'd suggestions. We are making progress!!!
If you haven't already corrected it, gohsthb's post is probably your solution. This is the AVRDUDE Location that I have in the AVRDUDE configuration box of eePe

C:/Program Files/eePe/avrdude.exe

Your's should be the same or similar.

HTH,

Ted
Dec 05, 2011, 04:56 PM
I love to be above the clouds
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysb
Yes, if you flash the firmware with the er9x alternative, you can control up to 16 channels... but you need a new transmitter/receiver like a Chainlink/ Rangelink LRS system...

i use it with a chainlink without problem and i control the the full 12 channels receiver..
Im using it with a thomas LRR with 12 channels so that will work right .
Dec 05, 2011, 11:03 PM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
If you haven't already corrected it, gohsthb's post is probably your solution. This is the AVRDUDE Location that I have in the AVRDUDE configuration box of eePe

C:/Program Files/eePe/avrdude.exe

Your's should be the same or similar.

HTH,

Ted
I am whits end. Have not had this many problems with something that has been simple to others.Maybe just setting it aside for a bit and trying at another time will have a better out come.I have had nothing but problems with this windows 7 64bit from the day I bought it back in the spring.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download RCDeskpilot Add-on Planes In Post #1 UPDATED MARCH 7 2011 Wilfor Simulators 207 Nov 27, 2015 12:21 AM
Sold RealFlight G3.5 With Controller and Vol. 3 Add-On Rob02Aggie Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 3 Nov 13, 2010 02:13 PM
Question Searching RC Car with transmitter having the pots NOT soldered directly on the board Nase Electric Power Cars 0 Nov 07, 2010 08:46 AM
Discussion Built-in-Balancer: Replace a 14.4 nihm pack with 5S LiFE leveraging original charger? coreyfro DIY Electronics 0 Nov 05, 2010 09:33 AM