Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by The Enemy
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime

IPS (DX-A) is DEAD, What to get!?!?!

Well all you smart guys out there. I need your assistance. Today, it happened. The IPS died. Sputtered a few times, wouldn't produce even enough thrust for my Tiger Moth, and ran hot. (I AM assuming that this spells death eh! I'm new. )

Anyway...

What motor to get? Here's the tricky part. (for me...) It has to run on my 830 Mah QC Li-Ions, and 5 Amp GWS ESC. I do plan on ordering another IPS (motor only) to replace the other motor, but this one has to be at least a step up. I was thinking a GWS 300C, but would this work ok? With which gearing? Too many amps?

As you can probably tell I have very little experience with electronics. So, give me your opinions. What to buy tomorrow?

The Enemy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
I found the perfect combo for QC830s: 7.3 oz. static thrust at 2.8A, which is about the limit for these cells. Check the 11th message on the first page of this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=130240
Old Jul 15, 2003, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by The Enemy
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Dave Hederich,

Thank you for your quick reply! Upon researching this motor, I realized that you are the man to go to!!! You've tested EVERY combination there is! (almost I think)

Anyway, I phoned my LHS today. He said "M-100? I'd need to know a manufacturer to know if I have it....." And he doesn't carry gearboxes seperate from motors. I saw the one thread where they're selling just the motors REAL cheap. IS it a scam? Did anyone ever find out? I kinda have to spend as little as possible, but really want to try this combination you've specified. Where could I order from, which would ship to Canada within a week or so, AND have all the items I need? I'm also going to try in the for sale section and see if anyone has what I'm looking for.

TIA
Corey
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Corey, there are only a few places that sell the M-100 replacement motor. They are all mail order. No hobby shop carries the M-100. It costs $8, and I think it is worth it because it provides great power for its size and weight, and it also has a reasonably long lifespan if it's not abused. Here are a couple of places where you can mail order it:

http://www.jetsetairplanes.com/html/m100.html

http://www.azarr.com./motors.htm#Brushed%20Motors