Thread Tools
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:16 PM
Stamp is offline
Find More Posts by Stamp
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Hard to see cuz ur old dooooode
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Its the camera - not great quality and slow zoom - ie, dont use it cause its not fast enough

I would've done some speed runs BUT, needs new prop so it wasn't as impressive as it could've been

and yes

it is fun!


Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Sure is hard to see but sounds like you are having FUN!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
Stumblebee is offline
Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Registered User
Stumblebee's Avatar
Hey Ryan, I agree it does look like you are having fun with your Stryker. That is one of the more durable airplanes I've seen. There have to be thousands of those things held together with duct tape, Gorilla glue and toothpicks. They are a tough plank. Also glad to see that you have graduated from running into basketball hoops. Now you are working on lamp standards. Progress is good.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
frieslander is offline
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hard to see cuz ur old dooooode
Sez who?!!

Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:43 PM
frieslander is offline
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Hey Ryan, I agree it does look like you are having fun with your Stryker. That is one of the more durable airplanes I've seen. There have to be thousands of those things held together with duct tape, Gorilla glue and toothpicks. They are a tough plank. Also glad to see that you have graduated from running into basketball hoops. Now you are working on lamp standards. Progress is good.
I Am Worried! I think fire hydrants are next.

Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:57 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
LMAO


this made me laugh john

Thanks lol


I am playing in Pheonix right now and its funny

I can fly the heck out of the Blade SR BUT soo many people say that it sucks in real life

If it flew as well as it does on SIM - I'd be buying one


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Hey Ryan, I agree it does look like you are having fun with your Stryker. That is one of the more durable airplanes I've seen. There have to be thousands of those things held together with duct tape, Gorilla glue and toothpicks. They are a tough plank. Also glad to see that you have graduated from running into basketball hoops. Now you are working on lamp standards. Progress is good.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:11 PM
Stumblebee is offline
Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Registered User
Stumblebee's Avatar
I decide to get into a bit of "night flying" yesterday. My backyard is pretty protected from the wind and it was a quiet night. I pulled out my orginal bird, the mcx. It was dark enough that about the only thing that could be seen was the light in the nose. Beleive it or not, this was the first time I had ever really flown it hard around the backyard. I just sat back in the chair and let it do its thing for four lipos. I figured it could give the night bugs something to ponder about. I checked out the blades afterwards and unfortunately there was not one bit of bug goo.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:37 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
lol

no bug goo is a good thing

Night flying is awesome, I use my night vapor for this and passes in front of a moon are kick as s


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
I decide to get into a bit of "night flying" yesterday. My backyard is pretty protected from the wind and it was a quiet night. I pulled out my orginal bird, the mcx. It was dark enough that about the only thing that could be seen was the light in the nose. Beleive it or not, this was the first time I had ever really flown it hard around the backyard. I just sat back in the chair and let it do its thing for four lipos. I figured it could give the night bugs something to ponder about. I checked out the blades afterwards and unfortunately there was not one bit of bug goo.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:38 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
I have just completed another project - this one is a kit from Dynamic Foamie of a micro F22 Raptor

I've modded it already of course lol

its a neat little bird and it looks great


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1475334
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:34 AM
Stumblebee is offline
Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Registered User
Stumblebee's Avatar
That plank has some nice lines. So how many airworthy aircraft do you have these day, Raz? I'm still holding steady at six and hoping to make that number seven by September.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:20 AM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Umm

I have 8 currently that work, and will be building a few more likely.


What are you acquiring in Sept?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:50 AM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Compared to you guys, I'm going at a snails pace. Any faster and the only thing I'd acquire in Sept would be divorce papers

Mike.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:20 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
I could get papers before I even get hitched lol
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:03 PM
Balr14 is online now
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Hi guys, just dropping in for a minute. The weather here has certainly curtailed my outdoor RC activity. The near 100 degree temeratures are bad enough, but it's really hard to swat mosquitoes and fly a heli at the same time; I need to grow another arm.

I have started to play with RC cars; I have a vintage RC10 and a Traxxas Stampede 4 x 4. RC electronics for cars have certainly changed since I last tried it about 30 years ago. It's a lot more fun now. I'm disappointed by the general lack of posting in the various car forums, here and at other sites. Some other sites I thought would be good for discussing RC cars turned out to be a waste of time, due to excessive paranoia. One site takes over a week to approve your registration and at another, a moderator must approve your posts. Neither are good ways to attract traffic.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:19 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Hey good to hear from ya.

An rc10? Was that a stadium truck? I think I remember those

I used to have a tamiya bullhead, bullhead (same as clod buster) and a stadium Blitzer.

My first Rc passion was trucks lol

Now I am an aviation r.c. Nut

I hear ya on the hot weather - yesterday records were broke here.

Working outside yesterday I was sweating soo much it looked like I pissed myself lmao

Gross I know heheheh



Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Hi guys, just dropping in for a minute. The weather here has certainly curtailed my outdoor RC activity. The near 100 degree temeratures are bad enough, but it's really hard to swat mosquitoes and fly a heli at the same time; I need to grow another arm.

I have started to play with RC cars; I have a vintage RC10 and a Traxxas Stampede 4 x 4. RC electronics for cars have certainly changed since I last tried it about 30 years ago. It's a lot more fun now. I'm disappointed by the general lack of posting in the various car forums, here and at other sites. Some other sites I thought would be good for discussing RC cars turned out to be a waste of time, due to excessive paranoia. One site takes over a week to approve your registration and at another, a moderator must approve your posts. Neither are good ways to attract traffic.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log J-15 a f15 look alike... well almost swedish rc guy Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 9 Oct 17, 2010 11:38 AM
Alert Want to trade Rtf Fliton JJ for Sa grove or alike rudyhal Atlanta Area RC 0 May 03, 2007 02:58 PM
Sold carbon 3dmp alike frame for Trex or any 450 size (price drop) helisfreak Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 30, 2006 11:48 PM
Telemaster look-alike for Astro 010 simano Parkflyers 2 Sep 13, 2005 07:37 AM
Olympus SLR camera with 2 lenses for trade for dragonfly or alike heli. FlybyPDX Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Nov 03, 2004 07:34 AM