Nov 12, 2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah Baby
Thread OP
Help!

Piano DVR Problem

I have a Piano dvr but have problems with the unit pulsing whrn recording through my Groundstation
I have a small video here but dont know what vimeo have done to the qualitynot like that on my unit or computer so have included another video from anothe member on here
It records fine from the tv so at a bit of a loss to this one
My video

Bingo17's video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzs-A...ature=youtu.be
Thanks

Simon
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Simon and all who can help,

I have exactly the same problems, pulsating red stripes.
I have two different HD recorders, piano recorder and a SoSpeaky mmade by Dane-Elec.
Both recorders cause problems but not on all cameras!!??

The HobbyCity pal-camera and the Panasonic GP-CX161 camera give a nice stable picture!
The FH-20C Mini CMOS 420tvl and the FH-25HD 550tvl cause problems! The pulsating red stripes also show up on my TV-screen when I put the signal through to my TV.
The cameras are good, they cause no problem when I connect my video- glasses or TV directly.
Other people should also have (had) the same problems but how can we solve it.
I feel a feeling that the solution should not be so hard, sometimes the recording starts good but after 5 seconds, the picture starts blinking.

Is there an expert who can help?
-maybe Sander knows the answer? -
Last edited by fransbr; Nov 12, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
Nov 12, 2010, 05:30 PM
It might be your OSD. I had all kinds of glitching and shaking in my recordings even though the video was clear in the goggles while I was flying (CX-161 camera, EagleTree OSD, V-Mate and Canon ZR-60 recording) but then I switched to ezOSD and my recordings are crystal clear now on both recorders.

I have no explanation for what caused it, but I'm really happy it works right finally.
Nov 14, 2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah Baby
Thread OP
Anybody

Simon
Nov 14, 2010, 05:13 PM

recorder problem

who knows a solution?

AgentCow007, thanks for you'r imput.
No it is not the OSD.
If I connect the camera directly to the recorder it gives pulsating red stripes video. In the plane with OSD and video transmitter it is exactly the same.

Sander? can you help?

frans
Last edited by fransbr; Nov 14, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
Nov 14, 2010, 07:06 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Invite "workshop" to this thread - maybe he can help.
Nov 16, 2010, 10:35 PM
So you have narrowed it down to the recorder does not like the camera. You have eliminated the OSD and FPV link. That is good.

It is very regular and that is strange. Is there anything in either the camera or the recorder that blinks at that rate? Is there a motion detection feature in the camera that could be turned off? A day/night that could be set to color instead of auto? Does this happen only in bright light? Perhaps you need a filter on your camera lens?

Are there any home made cables that might be connected incorrectly? Is it possible that something is shorting out the camera in some way?

Is all of your stuff PAL at 25 FPS or is some of it doing something strange like converting to 30FPS on the fly. I presume that your TV is PAL as well as your cameras and recorder... I am not a PAL expert, but I understand that there are many different flavors of PAL. I wonder if that is the issue.

Mix and match everything that can be connected. You say that the recorder works with the TV. Does the TV display the live camera image correctly?

Add more hardware to the test. Try it on a friend's TV or recorder or camera, etc.

When it is good, the colors look perfect, but when it is bad the colors are off and even the OSD text is affected.

It looks like the phase of the color burst gets suddenly reversed twice a second, but I have no idea why that would be.

I only have a few other things you might try, starting from just the camera and recorder:
- Make sure that all transmitters in the test area are switched off
- Try powering it from a battery (not an SBEC), minimum voltage and maximum voltage
- Take the camera out of it's case and wiggle things while recording.
- Try tweaking any setting that is tweakable that might change something (camera and recorder).
- Try attenuating the video signal from the camera by connecting a 75 ohm resistor from video (yellow) to ground (black). Try a 37.5 ohm resistor (two 75's in parallel).
- It may be possible to get some sort of box with video in and video out (like your TV or some other recorder) that can massage the video before you record it. If you could convert it to SVideo before recording, that might help.

Cliff
Last edited by TheOtherCliff; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
Nov 17, 2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah Baby
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff
So you have narrowed it down to the recorder does not like the camera. You have eliminated the OSD and FPV link. That is good.

It is very regular and that is strange. Is there anything in either the camera or the recorder that blinks at that rate? Is there a motion detection feature in the camera that could be turned off? A day/night that could be set to color instead of auto? Does this happen only in bright light? Perhaps you need a filter on your camera lens?

Are there any home made cables that might be connected incorrectly? Is it possible that something is shorting out the camera in some way?

Is all of your stuff PAL at 25 FPS or is some of it doing something strange like converting to 30FPS on the fly. I presume that your TV is PAL as well as your cameras and recorder... I am not a PAL expert, but I understand that there are many different flavors of PAL. I wonder if that is the issue.

Mix and match everything that can be connected. You say that the recorder works with the TV. Does the TV display the live camera image correctly?

Add more hardware to the test. Try it on a friend's TV or recorder or camera, etc.

When it is good, the colors look perfect, but when it is bad the colors are off and even the OSD text is affected.

It looks like the phase of the color burst gets suddenly reversed twice a second, but I have no idea why that would be.

I only have a few other things you might try, starting from just the camera and recorder:
- Make sure that all transmitters in the test area are switched off
- Try powering it from a battery (not an SBEC), minimum voltage and maximum voltage
- Take the camera out of it's case and wiggle things while recording.
- Try tweaking any setting that is tweakable that might change something (camera and recorder).
- Try attenuating the video signal from the camera by connecting a 75 ohm resistor from video (yellow) to ground (black). Try a 37.5 ohm resistor (two 75's in parallel).
- It may be possible to get some sort of box with video in and video out (like your TV or some other recorder) that can massage the video before you record it. If you could convert it to SVideo before recording, that might help.

Cliff
Thanks for that Cliff

I basically have tried everything, from going from my BWEZ* with a 480 osc cam from BEVRC and the ceosd to my Twinstar with the Security2000 cam and Blackstork osd and also using my Tri with just the 540 osd board cam,

I however suspect that the only thing the crafts have in common is 2.4 tx
I am going to send mine across to Shikra as he has 1.3 on his Tricopter so hoping he will come back with some good results for me.

I have tried using different power supplies to no avail, also recording in NTFS instead of PAL, no better, also tried different cables like you said but still have the same issues.

Just hoping Shikra has good results with it on the 1.3 tx
Regards
Simon
Nov 17, 2010, 11:08 PM

Piano DVR Problems

Have you checked all your video levels? My experience with some of this consumer stuff is that video and chroma levels are all over the place.

If you don't have a scope to do an actual measurement, try terminating the video with a 75 ohm resistor to drop the level to see if something changes.

It might give you a clue.

Cliff K.
Nov 19, 2010, 08:07 PM
Sna
Sna
i have the same problem here
hope a solution can be found
Nov 28, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hi All, have a some trouble with blinking colors at Piano HDD recorder (first (top left)) on picture in message #2. As I try - no way to fix it I wrote manufactured (about FM update to fix it - he answer - "no FW update can fix it").
I cant find datasheet on main video CPU inside (no public access) - and I no hope to fix and use it. If anybody find solution - many people say "Big Thank`s", I can`t find it. I try different cameras and connect it w/o OSD, RX/TX - same result
At one time I think to find the problem - i solder capacitor (0.022) between video wire and ground - will many better! But after some time - problem returning.
It NOT a OSD TX/RX or else problem - connecting camera at recorder - and You can see it.
It NOT a level - I specially buy video booster and changing video level at min to max - no help.
When I connect PIANO to PAL video out my comp - show excellent on PAL - then problem in incompatible THIS recorder and all camera PAL (Sony) at a try.
So sad

Sorry of my English.
Nov 28, 2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it is definitely something with the way the recorder deals with the colour system format.

I have a kt&c HX181H PAL and NTSC cam and the NTSC is perfect where as the PAL does the above.

Non kt$c PAL cam's appear to be fine though...

Cut your losses and get NTSC cam's, it is worth it as the recorder quality is brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsw
Hi All, have a some trouble with blinking colors at Piano HDD recorder (first (top left)) on picture in message #2. As I try - no way to fix it I wrote manufactured (about FM update to fix it - he answer - "no FW update can fix it").
I cant find datasheet on main video CPU inside (no public access) - and I no hope to fix and use it. If anybody find solution - many people say "Big Thank`s", I can`t find it. I try different cameras and connect it w/o OSD, RX/TX - same result
At one time I think to find the problem - i solder capacitor (0.022) between video wire and ground - will many better! But after some time - problem returning.
It NOT a OSD TX/RX or else problem - connecting camera at recorder - and You can see it.
It NOT a level - I specially buy video booster and changing video level at min to max - no help.
When I connect PIANO to PAL video out my comp - show excellent on PAL - then problem in incompatible THIS recorder and all camera PAL (Sony) at a try.
So sad

Sorry of my English.
Nov 28, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah Baby
Thread OP
Hey Bingo
Does it record through static ??
Simon
Nov 28, 2010, 04:35 PM
It does to a point, then it pauses and resumes as soon as video is back.

I will post a recording of static.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13
Hey Bingo
Does it record through static ??
Simon
Nov 28, 2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah Baby
Thread OP
Cheers mate
Simon

Quick Reply