Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by Graham 65
Question

JR X 347 Full house electric glider

I know its an old radio but was wondering if anyone could help with programming my old JR X347 for a six servo electric glider?
The radio has been converted to 2.4 using a FrSky module and has been used for flying RES gliders. However with the full house e glider I am stumped.
The set up for a glider makes sense, the flaps can be on a y lead still allowing crow braking,flap reflex and thermal positions but what about the motor?
The Aux2 channel is free but is operated by a rotating knob, can this be swapped to a switch? If so how?
Any suggestions welcome.
Graham
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
Use the sailplane setting. I don't have a 347 but I have a 783 and I think they are similar.

On your 7 channel receiver use:

ch1 - throttle
ch2 - right aileron
ch3 - elevator
ch4 - rudder
ch5 - left aileron
ch6 - left flap
ch7 - right flap

I think I have ch6 and 7 right. Might have those backwards.

I turn off the knobs. Set flaps to be on the 3 position switch instead of the knob.

Now what I do is I have a mix for flap = up and it mixes ch1 to itself at -100%. That basically disables the throttle. Then I have a mix that mixes ch1 to flaps and that makes the throttle stick opperate the flaps.

Ryan
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Graham 65
Hi Ryan,

That sounds good.

So on the 3 position flap switch you have something like;
1 Reflex flap and motor
2 Nomal flap and Crow
3 Thermal flap and Crow
Is there a more logical way of setting this up?

The other thought I had was to put a switch in place of the knob for ch7 and use that for the motor but it does mean using a Y lead for the flaps which makes adjustment a bit awkward and one flap servo would be on a reverser or mounted back to front which would be very awkward. The nice thing is having the motor on a switch which I like, I have ordered a sprung switch which would need to be held on for the motor to run so I could try both.
Any ideas?

Graham
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham 65 View Post
So on the 3 position flap switch you have something like;
1 Reflex flap and motor
2 Nomal flap and Crow
3 Thermal flap and Crow
Is there a more logical way of setting this up?
I had something like that. I don't think I had it setup to really do reflex. The model is pretty heavy and was pretty quick anyway.

I don't use throttle on a switch so I can't comment much there.

Ryan