Mikrokopter / UAVP / quadrocopter / quadrotor build -- Part 2 - Page 53 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 16, 2011, 08:03 AM
Registered User
HI Michael64,

I fly Hexa's, but with the Hoverfly/QP board. These forums are your best resource! Read, read, read!

PM me if you have any specific questions. I am still fairly new myself.

Shawn


Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64
Hello Mactadpole
Are you flying a Hexa and Oct from MK , I live about 1.5 hours from you to the NE been thinking about building a quad and hexa and looking for someone I can talk to about one.

Michael64
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2011, 08:04 AM
Registered User
Thanks Hakan!

Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
No, I bought from a very nice guy:
www.electricwingman.co.uk

Excellent service, fast shipping, good prices, etc.
Highly recommended.
Hakan
Feb 16, 2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User

Universal camera mount for HexaCopter (not XL)


Hello friends.

Yesterday was my first test flight with my Hexa Copeter and it's amazing multicopter.
Now i am looking for camera mounting and i don't know which one is the best.
i have the Regular Hexa (not the XL) and i know that the HiSight SLR1 is the original and also i found the mkTR ver. 2
My camera Weight is 560g (Panasonic GH2+20mm lens).
could someone help me to find a good (250$-500$) camera mount ?
also i need a place for lippo battery not like the flat one that comes with my Hexa.

Many Thanks.

btw, i promise to upload some pictures from my Hexa Copter asp.
Feb 16, 2011, 01:11 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
redhotpearl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastrome
Hello friends.

Yesterday was my first test flight with my Hexa Copeter and it's amazing multicopter.
Now i am looking for camera mounting and i don't know which one is the best.
i have the Regular Hexa (not the XL) and i know that the HiSight SLR1 is the original and also i found the mkTR ver. 2
My camera Weight is 560g (Panasonic GH2+20mm lens).
could someone help me to find a good (250$-500$) camera mount ?
also i need a place for lippo battery not like the flat one that comes with my Hexa.

Many Thanks.

btw, i promise to upload some pictures from my Hexa Copter asp.
I would recommend the MD1 mount. I've used it and it's very good. I'm currently using the MKTR ver.1 and I'm not sold on it yet. I feel like I've gotten better video with the MD1 and it's half the price.
Feb 16, 2011, 02:54 PM
saabguyspg's Avatar
thanks for the link, the only canadian distributer I can find does not have any pushers and thinks they don't exist....

Please keep us posted on how they work out for you. I would very much like to try them.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
No, I bought from a very nice guy:
www.electricwingman.co.uk

Excellent service, fast shipping, good prices, etc.
Highly recommended.
Hakan
Feb 16, 2011, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
No, I bought from a very nice guy:
www.electricwingman.co.uk

Excellent service, fast shipping, good prices, etc.
Highly recommended.
Hakan
I second that. Fantastic service.
Feb 16, 2011, 07:01 PM
Registered User
dragant's Avatar
My first "flight" with Okto2. Previous (and first) RC craft was simple tricopter and I'm
amazed how much stable Okto is.
Now just need some good and not too expensive camera mount

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezqrhuGGqY
Feb 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
//----\\
Coil's Avatar
Yes MK is world apart from other KK or Wii copters
Feb 17, 2011, 02:45 AM
by Alary Design
Photoship One's Avatar
Quote:
i have the Regular Hexa (not the XL) and i know that the HiSight SLR1 is the original and also i found the mkTR ver. 2
This video was shot from the mkTR v2 with a Canon T2i (550D). No stabilization.

GAUI 344 with Photoship One mount Canon 550d (0 min 54 sec)


This one has been post processed some

Gaui - Spring In Zurich (3 min 33 sec)
Feb 17, 2011, 03:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ ChopperCam
This video was shot from the mkTR v2 with a Canon T2i (550D). No stabilization.

This one has been post processed some
Are you saying that the mount has the servos working in the second vid?
Feb 17, 2011, 03:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
Are you saying that the mount has the servos working in the second vid?
he means it has been deshaken etc (computer processed).

the first video is all very good but its so cut up you cant really tell how well the mount performs. just a raw video from take off to landing would give you a real impression of its capability. imho
Feb 17, 2011, 03:41 AM
FPV Flyer
wavess's Avatar
didnīt know that gaui controller had tilt & roll stabilization
Feb 17, 2011, 03:59 AM
Registered User
I did know what he meant. I was just trying to find out if Servo stabilization was being used. I know in the first one it was not because Jago said so.
I would say they are not being used in the ruin vid either.

I must say I think all multi rotor vids need some post processing to take the edge off and to look nice and smooth.

I suppose my point here is The $700 for the mount just to hold a camera in a locked off position is a bit much
Feb 17, 2011, 04:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
I did know what he meant. I was just trying to find out if Servo stabilization was being used. I know in the first one it was not because Jago said so.
I would say they are not being used in the ruin vid either.

I must say I think all multi rotor vids need some post processing to take the edge off and to look nice and smooth.

I suppose my point here is The $700 for the mount just to hold a camera in a locked off position is a bit much
Oh right I see, I misunderstood, I don't think the x330 has outputs for camera stabilisation so the mount would need gyros. the second video looks like there might be a manual tilt. the cuts are so short its hard to tell what, if anything the mount is achieving..

You should take a look at OMM's videos using a bit of a pool noodle and some underpant elastic as a camera mount, they are very good
Feb 17, 2011, 04:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb
You should take a look at OMM's videos using a bit of a pool noodle and some underpant elastic as a camera mount, they are very good
Josh. I did, over a year ago. The deer vid was fantastic. I was so impressed I actually posted a comment at the time
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=10081

OK. It might not be able to carry a DSLR, but all you need is stronger underpants.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mikrokopter Okto 2 build Roger_IIT Multirotor Drone Talk 6 Feb 03, 2011 09:22 AM
Discussion Mikrokopter ME 2.0 Okto Build robin4 Multirotor Drone Talk 16 Jan 12, 2011 03:07 PM
Discussion Mikrokopter / UAVP / quadrocopter / quadrotor build Arthur P. Multirotor Drone Talk 16696 Nov 10, 2010 05:49 PM
Discussion X-3D Brushless Quadrocopter, general quadrocopter, x-ufo discussion PART 2 tend2it Multirotor Drone Talk 2203 Nov 08, 2008 09:23 PM