Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 AM
MIKROKOPTER Remote Landing!

Landing on a container in high wind (see flags), and gone again...

With a special landing gear that allows the mikrokopter to 'walk' remotely. Land on a roof, walk to the edge and film for hours with motors off.

Specially developed and used for investigative journalism, night and day. Tested up to 2km distance on landing and filming. Payload up to 1kg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-Wp62BkGQ

Any questions please message me directly.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Very cool idea. I have always wanted to mount one of these on the bottom of a quad/hexa but they cost as much or more than the MK itself.

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/Pha...8-Hexapod.aspx
Jul 14, 2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Very cool idea. I have always wanted to mount one of these on the bottom of a quad/hexa but they cost as much or more than the MK itself.

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/Pha...8-Hexapod.aspx
Man, I did NOT need to see that! You'll be in serious trouble if I buy one

Rusty
Jul 14, 2011, 11:16 AM
One? Better get 2...send me one.

I remember seeing one on an electric heli on youtube a couple years ago but the heli didn't have enough power to get off the ground..and I don't think the operator could fly either. It has since then been deleted.
Jul 14, 2011, 03:59 PM

Rmk2

On my hexa i have the jeti RMK2 (not the long version). I feel that the range on this reciever is a bit low for what i need and i wonder what to expect from theese, when googling for an answer i have found that a range of 300-400 meters is what to expext.

When i fly waypoints to document forest i usally go to the outerlimits on the gps "limit circle" and i am on approx 150 meters.

On the jetibox i can monitor the signalstrenght under RX and go down in the menu, i have tried different ways of pointing the antenna, on the reciever side i have at 90 deg, and not near any leading surfaces, the transmitter side i have found that keeping the antenna at an 90 deg angle gives the highest valuse on the signal.

But still when flying waypoints the meter on one of the antennas goes to zero or ? and sometimes the transmitter starts to beep as an indication that it is about to loose the connection to the reciever.

I have also done the range test according to the Jeti manual and at 50 meters it works fine.

What range do you guys have?
What range do i get if i buy the version with longer antennas from the mk shop?

Thanks
Jul 14, 2011, 04:04 PM
Drone operator & Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoto.se
On my hexa i have the jeti RMK2 (not the long version). I feel that the range on this reciever is a bit low for what i need and i wonder what to expect from theese, when googling for an answer i have found that a range of 300-400 meters is what to expext.

When i fly waypoints to document forest i usally go to the outerlimits on the gps "limit circle" and i am on approx 150 meters.

On the jetibox i can monitor the signalstrenght under RX and go down in the menu, i have tried different ways of pointing the antenna, on the reciever side i have at 90 deg, and not near any leading surfaces, the transmitter side i have found that keeping the antenna at an 90 deg angle gives the highest valuse on the signal.

But still when flying waypoints the meter on one of the antennas goes to zero or ? and sometimes the transmitter starts to beep as an indication that it is about to loose the connection to the reciever.

I have also done the range test according to the Jeti manual and at 50 meters it works fine.

What range do you guys have?
What range do i get if i buy the version with longer antennas from the mk shop?

Thanks
I have had mine out to 185 meters, and no problems.

You don't get longer antennas, only longer leads with the long version.

Are your rx antennas 90 deg apart?
Jul 14, 2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizViz
Hi all, after rebuilding the Hexa when it decided to suddenly fly off to another post code I have found that it flys soooo much better without the MK Hilander 26 landing gear. This I am guessing is due to the vibration of the landing gear upsetting the gyros. It's amazing how much better it is actually.
I tried taking off and landing from a big plastic box, however this is not always a good way to land, especially when someone is watching over your shoulder.
Does anyone have any ideas on a solution or is it that I need to get familiar with hand retreival landings ? scary ! as I'm ugly enough without risking cutting my face to bits

Cheers

Stu
Very interesting.. I have the same landing gear, and I'm fighting a lot of vibrations. When looking back at it, it all started when I mounted the the hilanders..
Jul 14, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod
I have had mine out to 185 meters, and no problems.

You don't get longer antennas, only longer leads with the long version.

Are your rx antennas 90 deg apart?

When i got the beeps from the transmitter the last time i was at the outerlimits of the gps limit, 250m from starting point and 150 meter up.

Yes i have the rx antennas 90 deg apart.
Jul 14, 2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
When i got the beeps from the transmitter the last time i was at the outerlimits of the gps limit, 250m from starting point and 150 meter up.

Yes i have the rx antennas 90 deg apart.
That's ~290 meters in direct line of sight. Have you checked if the failsafe engages on the mk, when the beeping happens?

Have you tried with a higher-gain antenna on the TX module?
Jul 14, 2011, 05:29 PM
I also wanted to ask about Jeti range since few times I had range alarm when Okto was 150-200m away from me. This is very short range. Is it really so small or this is some Jeti firmware bug?

For the Higlander 26 legs I've also noticed and mentioned once here that they are shaking like crazy during the flight and this for sure transfer vibrations to FC.
Is there any better landing gear for standard Okto with bigger camera mount?
Jul 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hey that was exactly what I was looking for....not sure if you knew you were answering my question or not but the landing dolly used here is a much better solution to me trying to land in a box which introduces too much turbulence into the situation.

Cheers

Stu
Jul 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant
I also wanted to ask about Jeti range since few times I had range alarm when Okto was 150-200m away from me. This is very short range. Is it really so small or this is some Jeti firmware bug?

For the Higlander 26 legs I've also noticed and mentioned once here that they are shaking like crazy during the flight and this for sure transfer vibrations to FC.
Is there any better landing gear for standard Okto with bigger camera mount?
https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=407 I want to try this T-piece and build a landing-gear from carbon-rods...
Jul 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod
That's ~290 meters in direct line of sight. Have you checked if the failsafe engages on the mk, when the beeping happens?

Have you tried with a higher-gain antenna on the TX module?
No the failsafe dosent engage, its like i get a warning from the radio before its tolate, so i can run towards the hexa and come i range again

I have had free sight all of the times and i found it very strange that this reciever is working so bad.

Where can i get this higher gain antenna?
Jul 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
More or less everywhere.. You can steal one of a wireless accesspoint for starters.
Jul 14, 2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
No the failsafe dosent engage, its like i get a warning from the radio before its tolate, so i can run towards the hexa and come i range again

I have had free sight all of the times and i found it very strange that this reciever is working so bad.

;Hi Peter,
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. You can find a lot of information about longer range in the following thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1147430

OMM has a lot of information on video transmissions, antennas, and lots of other stuff. Hope this helps...Tony

Quick Reply