Thread Tools
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:19 AM
Ab74 is offline
Find More Posts by Ab74
Registered User
Can I change parameters, such as gps gain, while flying via xbee?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:03 AM
jim80 is offline
Find More Posts by jim80
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Can I change parameters, such as gps gain, while flying via xbee?
Only if you want to stop flying 1/2 second afterwards - it causes a flt-ctrl reset - ask me how I know!
You might be able to use a "serial channel" though - I've not tried that. I was talking about changing setting in MKtool.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:25 AM
MalaysianFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Can I change parameters, such as gps gain, while flying via xbee?
You can assign the value to a Poti (slider or knob) on another channel and change it while flying without having the board reset. But if you try writing values from MKtools, well..... ouch!!!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
MalaysianFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Registered User
Anyone using the 1hoch4 ESCs with Pulso 2820/14 motors? I just tested my first one, with no prop on the motor, 50% of the time it starts running with a rough sound and I noticed that this causes the ESC to get hot. Currently have it set at 16kHz, was thinking of trying 10kHz, but wanted to check with you guys if it could be something else causing this issue. If I push the Gas value higher in motor test it usually goes back to running normal. Hope someone can help.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:05 AM
Buffythesaint is online now
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Registered User
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file? I understand the hexa config file has the FC point to motor #1 and then you can move the red line between motors 1 and 2. My frame has the FC mount and point between 1 and 2. I don't think I can use the hexa config with the FC pointing between 1 and 2. It would still think it's pointing at 1. Couldn't find anything when I searched.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
MalaysianFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file? I understand the hexa config file has the FC point to motor #1 and then you can move the red line between motors 1 and 2. My frame has the FC mount and point between 1 and 2. I don't think I can use the hexa config with the FC pointing between 1 and 2. It would still think it's pointing at 1. Couldn't find anything when I searched.
Maybe rotate the FC 90 degrees then adjust the line 90 degrees as well?? that should get it pointing between the two motors.

Or you could make your own mixer file.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:33 PM
mitmit is offline
Find More Posts by mitmit
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file?
You can make your own easily Buffy. for pitch set your front motors to 64 and backs to -64 (middles should be 0), for roll set middle left to 64, middle right to -64, others to 0, for yaw just use settings from standart hexa config.

pm me if you will have problems with that, I'll send you mixer table I successfully using on same to yours Sergey's hexa frame.
btw, if you use heavy lift motors like mk3538, be careful with motormounts - they dont hold large motors, I have at least 3 crashes and one hardly damaged finger because of motors tearing off.

cheers
Dimitri
Last edited by mitmit; Apr 24, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
Buffythesaint is online now
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
You can make your own easily Buffy. for pitch set your front motors to 64 and backs to -64 (middles should be 0), for roll set middle left to 64, middle right to -64, others to 0, for yaw just use settings from standart hexa config.

pm me if you will have problems with that, I'll send you mixer table I successfully using on same to yours Sergey's hexa frame.
btw, if you use heavy lift motors like mk3538, be careful with motormounts - they dont hold large motors, I have at least 3 crashes and one hardly damaged finger because of motors tearing off.

cheers
Dimitri
Thanks Dimitri. I see the mixer table in MKtools and never touched them as you had to do some extra key strokes to get to that tab. Must be a reason for that. Do I load the hexa config first and then make the changes? looks easy to do now that you explained it.

I was thinking the same thing about the motor plate. Not much for the screws to grab onto. I think an aluminium cross piece, on the underside, sandwiching the motor plate and motor would do a good job at distributing any forces being applied. Did the 3 plate screws/bushings hold up?

Brian.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:31 AM
pistaandrea is offline
Find More Posts by pistaandrea
Registered User

Hexacopter and the Pano Controller


Hi Does anyone here do 360 panorama pictures?
Hexacopter and the Pano Controller (2 min 45 sec)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:42 AM
dmsgodeep is offline
Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistaandrea View Post
Hi Does anyone here do 360 panorama pictures?
That's really cool. I know a guy that built a similar pano mount but for ground photos. He got incredible results.
Do you have any examples of your pano pictures we can see?

I'm curious about your hexa. What ESC's, Motors, and Props are you using?

Brent
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:20 AM
dragant is offline
Find More Posts by dragant
Registered User
dragant's Avatar
Bujacic (3 min 53 sec)


Same place 8 months ago with tricopter and Gopro

tricopter with Gopro (5 min 55 sec)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:25 AM
mitmit is offline
Find More Posts by mitmit
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Bujacic
extremely well done Dragan, Честитам !
nice spring you have there in Serbia btw.

cheers
Dimitri
Last edited by mitmit; Apr 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:43 AM
AndrKolom is offline
Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
http://vimeo.com/22881940

Same place 8 months ago with tricopter and Gopro

http://vimeo.com/14403861

Very smooth video, Dragan! Congratulations!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 05:34 AM
SirFishaLot is offline
Find More Posts by SirFishaLot
Registered User
SirFishaLot's Avatar
There was another panorama setup that involved five gopros and a custom pcb trigger. From photoshipone I think the picture is of some university of Arizona stadium. Very interesting shots. It's what they call convergent evolution.
Last edited by SirFishaLot; Apr 27, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:03 PM
tunin is offline
Find More Posts by tunin
Registered User
Awesome video man, very smooth and the music fits it great. Congrads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
http://vimeo.com/22881940

Same place 8 months ago with tricopter and Gopro

http://vimeo.com/14403861


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mikrokopter Okto 2 build Roger_IIT Multirotor Talk 6 Feb 03, 2011 09:22 AM
Discussion Mikrokopter ME 2.0 Okto Build robin4 Multirotor Talk 16 Jan 12, 2011 03:07 PM
Discussion Mikrokopter / UAVP / quadrocopter / quadrotor build Arthur P. Multirotor Talk 16696 Nov 10, 2010 05:49 PM
Discussion X-3D Brushless Quadrocopter, general quadrocopter, x-ufo discussion PART 2 tend2it Multirotor Talk 2203 Nov 08, 2008 09:23 PM