New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2011, 02:31 AM
JONBOYLEMON is offline
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
Can you see this?????????

Yep....... thats right, I just flipped all you DLG lovers the Bird.

Here to flippin the bird in 2011. With any luck and temps that have 2 digits in them I will maiden the Top Sky tomorrow. Good thing you didnt plan the fly in for the 1st!!!!!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2011, 02:41 AM
Extremeace is offline
Find More Posts by Extremeace
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Extremeace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Can you see this?????????

Yep....... thats right, I just flipped all you DLG lovers the Bird.

Here to flippin the bird in 2011. With any luck and temps that have 2 digits in them I will maiden the Top Sky tomorrow. Good thing you didnt plan the fly in for the 1st!!!!!!!
When, where, we'll be there...(sounds like a good military phrase)
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:32 AM
like.2.fly is offline
Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Very likely to want one. I need to figure out SOME way to take my planes on planes
I don't think the coroplast boxes are considered airline worthy. More of a light duty option for use in your automobile. If you want to take your planes on planes then build the box with plywood, or get a Sportube series 3.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:38 AM
J_Arner is offline
Find More Posts by J_Arner
Limbo with 30,000V...
J_Arner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I don't think the coroplast boxes are considered airline worthy. More of a light duty option for use in your automobile. If you want to take your planes on planes then build the box with plywood, or get a Sportube series 3.
Agreed, the coro box will be for transport while driving. It really makes a difference when doing a long road trip. When we went to CO Greg's light ply box was invaluable. I don't have any plans to fly just yet, so I want a light duty box to keep my planes safe at home and on the road.

Jon, does 10 count as a double digit? That's what the temp feels like right now get out there and get that maiden flight in. You'll be hooked on flipping the bird, though it's much more enjoyable when the first digit of the double digit is between 5 & 7.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 02:21 PM
Extremeace is offline
Find More Posts by Extremeace
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Extremeace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I don't think the coroplast boxes are considered airline worthy. More of a light duty option for use in your automobile. If you want to take your planes on planes then build the box with plywood, or get a Sportube series 3.
Well.... one way or another, the Longshot's goin' to Hawaii with me in March. Is anyone goin' flying?
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:45 PM
Extremeace is offline
Find More Posts by Extremeace
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Extremeace's Avatar
Well we flew.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:28 PM
ratlm is offline
Find More Posts by ratlm
Registered User

dlg in wyoming


hey, thnks for the headsup. ive read about 50 of these and enjoyed .will check in know andthen and keep lookin for someone or five or ten to fly with. ive got several kids in slc .when i visit ill contact y see if i can fly with yall.about an 8hr. drive so wont be often.(nomore than twice a week.)will have to save a while to get what y guys are flyin but the gamblers goin to be great fun.thnks bob ratlm2540@msn.com
Old Jan 02, 2011, 12:04 AM
J_Arner is offline
Find More Posts by J_Arner
Limbo with 30,000V...
J_Arner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlm View Post
hey, thnks for the headsup. ive read about 50 of these and enjoyed .will check in know andthen and keep lookin for someone or five or ten to fly with. ive got several kids in slc .when i visit ill contact y see if i can fly with yall.about an 8hr. drive so wont be often.(nomore than twice a week.)will have to save a while to get what y guys are flyin but the gamblers goin to be great fun.thnks bob ratlm2540@msn.com
Welcome to the group, hope you make it down to fly with us some time. I grew up in Rock Springs, and have family in Sheridan, Riverton, and Alpine. I don't make it up that way very often either.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 12:09 AM
JONBOYLEMON is offline
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Well.... one way or another, the Longshot's goin' to Hawaii with me in March. Is anyone goin' flying?
Sure I'll come w/ you.

As for the Maiden, it will have to wait till Monday. The Ice Fishing went a teeny tiny bit over, by 4 hours!!!!!

Quick question. I used thin CA and the magnets to hold the pushrods to the pod sides and was wondering how long thin CA takes to cure w/o kicker.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 12:36 AM
ShadowFalken is offline
Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Jim C
ShadowFalken's Avatar
Jonboy it should be all but instant. I did a ship tonight and spent about five minutes a side running the glue before I pulled the steel rods out. (I run carbon)
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:29 PM
Extremeace is offline
Find More Posts by Extremeace
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Extremeace's Avatar
Well boys, broke my leg yesterday, gunna need launch assist...
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:37 PM
like.2.fly is offline
Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
Are you serious? What happened? Skiing?
Launch assist will be no problem. If you can work your radio we will all throw for you.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:39 PM
Extremeace is offline
Find More Posts by Extremeace
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Extremeace's Avatar
No, nothing cool... Slipped on ice.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:45 PM
JONBOYLEMON is offline
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
Like Broken, broke your leg???

I'm gonna guess not being able to throw is the least of your worries. So I hope there is a good story to tell once the pain meds wear off. Or maybe go ahead and tell the story while you are still on the pain killers. It might be a much better story.

Anyways hope you make a speedy recovery and sorry to hear about the leg.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:16 AM
J_Arner is offline
Find More Posts by J_Arner
Limbo with 30,000V...
J_Arner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Well boys, broke my leg yesterday, gunna need launch assist...
Sorry to hear about the leg. I've always wondered what it'd be like to throw righty, might as well give it a go with someone else's plane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Colorado DLG Happenings... djensen Hand Launch 10674 Today 09:49 AM
Discussion DLG event at "Soar Utah"? like.2.fly Intermountain Silent Flyers 4 Sep 10, 2010 12:58 AM
Poll DLG event at Soar Utah? like.2.fly Utah Flyers Organization 9 Aug 13, 2010 11:30 AM
Discussion DLG event at "Soar Utah"? like.2.fly Hand Launch 0 Aug 09, 2010 06:48 PM
Discussion Any Utah DLG fliers out there? seerspaz Hand Launch 12 Oct 09, 2009 12:41 PM