Utah DLG happenings... - Page 351 - RC Groups
Aug 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
hot air rises...
hmmm, I just got an email from paypal saying a "sodmasterLeMon" is requesting $20.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch
hmmm, I just got an email from paypal saying a "sodmasterLeMon" is requesting $20.
And.......

PS, can you go home and get the B3 and do AD after work?

I am itchin to fly!
Aug 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
hot air rises...
Absolutely! But I won't be able to fly until about 5pm, best case.
Aug 10, 2011, 04:27 PM
5:00 it is. The fish will wait.

Call me when you know what the XPS your doing!
Aug 11, 2011, 02:01 AM
The fish waited!!!!

Fantastic day, had I not had to work it would have been perfect.

Met Finch, AD, and Nice Jim @ LPHS and had CILLER air for about an hour and a half. Finch spent alot of the time flying on the other side of the mountains sayin somethin about "Hey look, I can fly downwind just like Donnie, I am awesome, I would go further if I had my Stobel" Whatever Finch. But it was a great day, Nice Jim is out of control, he has made soooo much improvement in all aspects! Way to go Jim.

Anyways it was a hoot and AD had us do several overhand find the love contest. The air was sooo good we had several of these flights that were on the edge of a minute and a half, all the while not going above 50' Good times.

At 6:30 I decided I could no longer keep my friends @ Silver Lake Flat waiting any longer and so I bailed up the canyon. Was a perfect evening with great fishing and fantabulous weather. Stayed up there till 10:00 and the thermo meter said 48! No wonder I felt cold!

Silverlake Flat fishin (2 min 55 sec)

Just finished a nice little midnight snack of stuffed trout! Mmmmm tasty!
Great day!

Had Silver Lake to myself at sunset tonight!
Aug 11, 2011, 04:53 PM
Never enough time to fly!
Is a peg like this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=peg+blade better than a round peg. Just wondering for my next DLG.
Aug 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase
Is a peg like this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=peg+blade better than a round peg. Just wondering for my next DLG.
The choice of peg/blade is a personal choice based on your likes and throwing style. I think that most people would agree that a blade is preferable over a round peg. Gavin's blades are good and they also increase the strength of the wing at the throwing tip which has been a problem for some of the thinner wings. I was not ready to change from a straight blade to a curved blade until I used a curved blade for several weeks. It's feel and my ability to take advantage of it grew on me and now I prefer a curved blade. Still, what I prefer may not be what you prefer...

Charlie
Aug 11, 2011, 05:13 PM
hot air rises...
ecase, I think it's probabaly a personal choice of what feels best, but you'll likely not find any top planes/pilots using a round peg. The blades are more aerodynamic. I've got one of Gavin's blades in my stobel and I didn't like the feel of it the first week or so of throwing. I really like the feel/size of the Blaster 3 blade in part I think because my fingers are not very big and that blade is smallish. Gavin's blade has grown on me now and I'm liking it more and more each time I go out and fly.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
Mike M.
I agree with Charlie and Jon. My personal choice is flat blades over round pegs, and I like the curved blades a little better than the flat ones. They are a pain to install though. All my planes have curved now.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
I prefer my TSOL with a blade over the peg. The peg seemed a little easier to to tip catches with for whatever reason. For a TSOL, I dont think its worth worrying about.

I do love the B3 curved blades!
Aug 11, 2011, 05:45 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)

Big Field

JonF - Here is a link to what I call Big Field:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...01972&t=h&z=16

See pictures below. I just flew there. The footing is not as good as the sod farm but there are some flat places.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
Now thats what I call a BFF!!!!
Aug 11, 2011, 05:50 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
A couple more shots.

JonF you can range out to your hearts content here. DownWind Donnie look out, Jon Finch is in the house!!!
Aug 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
What are winds like there?

Kinda close to POM.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:59 PM
Mike M.
The Apline area is usually one of the calmest spots along the Wasatch front...
Footing looks a little iffy though, which is also hard on knees if you aren't really careful. Looks like a fair practice site for ranging out though.