Apr 15, 2013, 08:56 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Apple products are just fine, lots of us have them, its just that you cant run F3K master or the BTOA on an apple and never will be able to.

Thats why I "And lots of other people" bought an android device and just never activated it as a phone. Well worth it in my opinion.

As a bonus, you can sync up the device to darn near any contest you will ever attend and use it on the field as a timer. For us nerds, its the BOMB!

But anyways, its not holy war material, if you love Adrians App and want to support him and buy his app all the better, but he gives it away for free anyways, I just wanted to pay for it to show AD how awesome I thought it was!

Or be like B and use an Apple device. Either way, flying DLG's is a hoot!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2013, 08:59 PM
Will work for lift...
I'm an Apple man myself, but not opposed to buying a cheap unit just for this and not activating it. So will the one Jim is referring to work? That's the best price I've seen so far...
Apr 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
That OS (Ice Cream Sandwich) is good.

My HTC One V needed a memory card to store the program; smallest, slowest cheapest is OK.

BP
Apr 15, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yep, it will work just fine. It has a GPS, accelerometers, and wifi and Blue tooth. Thats all you need.

You just buy these things and then "forget" to activate them.

The HTC one V was by far a better device as far as sexy devices go, but this one works just fine as well. Unfortunately you cant go through fatwallet on this one and get it even cheaper!
Apr 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
Will work for lift...
This looks tempting. I wonder how to get a hold of the guy though...I couldn't find a way to contact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Here in Phoenix:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...sl/G_V1TVcWbuA

It is a Google Group Address, I don't know if it needs a login.

BP
Apr 15, 2013, 09:47 PM
Will work for lift...
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON
Yep, it will work just fine. It has a GPS, accelerometers, and wifi and Blue tooth. Thats all you need.

You just buy these things and then "forget" to activate them.

The HTC one V was by far a better device as far as sexy devices go, but this one works just fine as well. Unfortunately you cant go through fatwallet on this one and get it even cheaper!
Apr 15, 2013, 10:45 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Addict
This looks tempting. I wonder how to get a hold of the guy though...I couldn't find a way to contact...

I will try to find him. That site is the CASL (Central AZ Soaring League) group page.
I left him a message to contact you through this forum.
Last edited by bbbp; Apr 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Apr 15, 2013, 10:53 PM
Troy Bowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON
You just buy these things and then "forget" to activate them.!
Oooh, I get it. Okay, yeah, maybe someday, if'n I become as big of a fan of competition as you guys are. I'd much rather the money go to a new polaris or something though, if there were money that could go to it...
Apr 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
hot air rises...
Everett, definitely check out all those planes Mike listed. You'd be happy with any of them. Go with either the Hyperion DS09 or Airtronic 802 servos in the wing and I like the JR285 for both tail surfaces if they'll fit. Polaris comes rudderless so you might want to order one with the hinge tape installed just not cut out. Then if you find you don't like rudderless you can cut one in and you're set. I don't know anything about the Neos, but I think you have to glue the wing halves together where the others come single piece so keep that in mind.

Android device? Absolutely! I'm a total iphone fanboy but I bought a samsung galaxy media player pretty much just to run AD's app. It's the bomb.
Apr 15, 2013, 10:58 PM
A different attitude to RC
Any time anyone wants to borrow a droid - at an event or otherwise, I have extra's.
Apr 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
Yo AD, the 1S charger works a peach! I suspect it may ever so slightly overcharge though as my battery read 4.21 after the charge. I put it in the plane and ran the controls for a minute and it dropped to 4.2.

But who's to say my voltage meter is dead on?
Apr 15, 2013, 11:20 PM
Carlos G.
Here is an add for some comp dlgs

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1872281
Apr 16, 2013, 12:42 AM
Mike M.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgonzalez08
Check the weight on that Stobel V2. I'd say if it's 10.5 or under it would make somebody a fine high end contest ship, and at a good price, and available immediately...
Apr 16, 2013, 05:32 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Addict
Jim, how have you liked your Polaris? Do all of you guys on the Polaris's fly rudderless?
Everett - I love my Polaris and I am totally bias because I have never flown a Fr3aK or any of the others top end ships except the Stobel. Both my Polaris and my Stobel were used when I got them; the Stobel more so than the Polaris.

I am not as good of a pilot as you are and you may enjoy the Fr3aK or some other plane better. When I talked to the guys about which way to go with, the Polaris sounded like it would suit my style of flying in that it was more forgiving than the Fr3aK and other planes. I have not regretted going with the Polaris one bit and would like to at some point get another one.

I am flying rudderless, but I still work the rudder stick out of habit, but when I do I also realize it isn't doing anything. When I go back to my other ships I am more attuned to the rudder just because the Polaris make me realize it's not doing anything, if that makes since?

One day I was flying my Stobel and was loving it; it's a good ship. I thought to myself that I should have bought one that was newer that was available at the time. Then I switched over to flying my Polaris and it erased any doubt for me.

I think Jon and Mike gave you sound advice in that you should try and learn about the other ships available before you buy; unless you plan on buying more than one ship.

PS. I also am an iPhone man and have a droid just to run F3KMaster. But like Troy said, you probably have other priorities right now for your budget.
Apr 16, 2013, 09:18 AM
Carlos G.
I been given green light for a GoPro looking for some with the water proof casing. was thinking on the hero 2 let me know if you guys know of one please thank you

Quick Reply