Apr 12, 2013, 03:37 PM
Will work for lift...
Thanks! My full name is Everett Hoffmann. Can't wait to do some horizontal slope soaring tomorrow...It's ironic, I was hoping for good wind today to head up to the slope and nice and calm for tomorrow...We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash
Everett - Welcome and we are all glad you listened to JonF. The only fresh meat being served tomorrow will be the lunch meat I bring for sandwiches along with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheese (2 kinds), mayo, mustard, ranch, enough to put an extra 10 feet in your throw. So charge your batteries, bring a chair and your DLG and we will take care of the rest.

I put your name on the pilots list and on the monthly contest list:

The pilots list for April 13th 2013 contest at the Sod Farm Of

Love is now at:

0. Jim Arner..... Scratch
1. Mike Maurer
2. Adrian Dybwad
3. Jon Finch
4. Jon LeMon
5. Jim Gibson
6. Alex Taylor
7. Carlos Gonzalez
8. Brandon Willis
9. Russ Young
0. Ken Thorne (Scratch )
10. Troy Bowman
11. Eli ??
12 Guy Zindel
13. Everett ??
14. Guest One
15. Guest Two

I need a last name for Everett and Eli.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2013, 03:43 PM
Troy Bowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky
We need to work on your neighbor Neil C. who has a Blaster 3 but is a bit hesitant to get it flying. I've offered to look over his controls and trim it, but not sure when the timing will work out.
Oh totally, man. I've been trying to get him out to maiden it for a long time now. A couple weeks ago I was texting him and inviting him to come with me every time I went out (which was just about every evening because it was finally getting warm and I was so antsy to fly), but he kept turning me down, so I stopped. That store of his is a huge time sink. If you want free time, don't be a small biz store owner. Just sayin'.

I just asked him again, and he said, "I will let you know when I can break free. Really busy at work"
Last edited by arcarius; Apr 12, 2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: adding what he said
Apr 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgonzalez08
I remember somebody say was no sports there until September
Ah, if that is what I said, then I misspoke (or mis-typed) They do not have sports during the Summer months of June, July and August. They have spring and fall sports -- hence they start up again in September.
Apr 12, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mike M.
Thread OP
My local park was booming today too. Way easy to hook up in lift. Did an hour's worth of 1 minute QT's, a couple rounds with the Concept and a couple with the Polaris. It was a bit windy, but not too bad, just enough to add some challenge and scare factor and make QT's tough. Still liking the Polaris best...

No, the highly modified ladder won't score as 1234 or 5x2 in F3KScore, because those tasks only have 4 and 5 flights, and max flight times of 2:00 on the last flight. Ladder has 7 flights, and the modified version would allow a last flight of over 2:00. I guess it could be lumped into Poker like Finch suggested. While the task does sounds fun, I would probably vote to keep it standard, mainly because of all the new guys that need to learn them. Yes, the 1 missed second can cost you 200 points. But that's the challenge of ladder, and why I think it's a good task, and fun. I love the pressure of it in competition. Ladder and Poker are probably the two most dropped rounds, and that's why most guys dislike them so much. But hey, the tasks shouldn't be easy! They should be nearly impossible, and then we can see who does them the best. That's why I like 5x2, 1234, 3x200, and Poker. They can't be maxed. You can only hope to come as close as possible, hopefully closer than anyone else . I don't like those rounds where nearly everyone walks off the field with 1000 points because they provide no separation.
Apr 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcarius
Oh totally, man. I've been trying to get him out to maiden it for a long time now. A couple weeks ago I was texting him and inviting him to come with me every time I went out (which was just about every evening because it was finally getting warm and I was so antsy to fly), but he kept turning me down, so I stopped. That store of his is a huge time sink. If you want free time, don't be a small biz store owner. Just sayin'.

I just asked him again, and he said, "I will let you know when I can break free. Really busy at work"
Yeah, I get the same impression. I was hoping he would bring it to our club meeting (South Davis Modelers) and I can help him before or after that. All I've heard though is that he wants to get it in the air, but wants someone experienced there to make sure he doesn't stuff it in
Apr 12, 2013, 05:12 PM
Carlos G.
Arcarius im in centerville and wont turn you down. Let me know next time you go fly and we can get together.......
Apr 12, 2013, 05:20 PM
Carlos G.
Hey guys, are we really having wings around 14mph for orem tomorrow, or is somebody playing a jock?
Apr 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
No, the wings are real as the jocks!
Apr 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
if it really is windy, the farm is ideal as it will be smooth vs rotor from hell.

PS, the forecast is getting worse. Mike, others who have a long ways to go, what is your opinion? Finch & I are close to the farm and could get a feel for what its like a few hours prior to start. I just hate the thought of not being able to fly and having everyone make the drive.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KPVU&state=UT
Apr 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Jon^2 we should fly tonight while the wind is down to 5 mph.
Apr 12, 2013, 05:35 PM
I have a hot date with the lady friend. Sorry.
Apr 12, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mike M.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON
...PS, the forecast is getting worse. Mike, others who have a long ways to go, what is your opinion? Finch & I are close to the farm and could get a feel for what its like a few hours prior to start. I just hate the thought of not being able to fly and having everyone make the drive.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KPVU&state=UT
The noaa wind forecast is still showing a lot better than usairnet. Don't know who will be right, if any. Either proceed as planned and hope for the best (goes for all contests), or postpone until the 20th. As long as we make final decision before 8:00 AM tomorrow...
Apr 12, 2013, 07:21 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
You know, one of these days we ought to try an evening competition. Nothing too special, just after work on a Friday night or something. We could try it around the solstice, so we have lots of daylight to work with. I would think the thermals would be light to moderate, which could make it interesting. Just thinking out loud here....
Apr 12, 2013, 07:44 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
NOAA is saying that Alpine is going to be worse than Orem tomorrow:

Alpine:
A 40 percent chance of showers after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph becoming west southwest 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon.

Orem:
A 20 percent chance of showers after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 67. South southeast wind 7 to 16 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
Apr 12, 2013, 07:46 PM
hot air rises...
I would selfishly like to wait until tomorrow morning to decide since I've got other plans from next weekend. Weatherbug and noaa both show windy but flyable (10-15 mph).

I say we get up and check the current winds near the sod farm here: http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/dro...timetype=LOCAL

Quick Reply