Thread Tools
Nov 01, 2012, 02:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
Check if the voltage of the center pin reaches the pin on the chip.
Yes, sure does. That's what I checked before posting.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2012, 04:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
Super Nice Video !!!

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm interested in geting one of these. I noticed when you were checking cyclic with the circle near the end of the vid that you have a mode 2 TX. As you know cyclic is on the right stick. I fly mode one where elev is on the left stick and aile is on the right stick.

Is there a mode one setting in the programming menu on the Robird setup software ??




Bill S.
Don't worry - your Radio will sort all of that out, it will work fine Mode 1
Nov 01, 2012, 04:48 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
Is there a mode one setting in the programming menu on the Robird setup software ??



Bill S.
Bill, it doesn't matter if you are using mode 1 or mode 2. The receiver simply sends aileron and elevator signals to the flybarless unit. It doesn't matter how your radio is programmed.
Nov 01, 2012, 09:50 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
VelocityRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
Don't worry - your Radio will sort all of that out, it will work fine Mode 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow
Bill, it doesn't matter if you are using mode 1 or mode 2. The receiver simply sends aileron and elevator signals to the flybarless unit. It doesn't matter how your radio is programmed.
Thanks, this FBL is all new to me. It will probably be my X-Mas present to myself.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
Nov 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
rcflyer
Does anyone know how this slides along?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o%5FMount.html

Cheers
Jim
Nov 01, 2012, 10:50 AM
rcflyer
Also, what main blades do you guys use?
Nov 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
I really like the hobbyking 335 mm blades. both in fiberglass and carbon. Actual 325mm from bolt hole to tip. Stiff blade,Chord is wider than the 325mm but about same thickness, weight and price. Will never buy anything else for my 450.
Comparing it just gives more pop on collective, loops and continuous flips and rolls are easier as it tends to transition smoother with less collective input through he move, even with relative low headspeed. Nicer sound also.

I can understand why some like to stretch the 450 and run even longer blades.
Nov 01, 2012, 04:56 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
I have fell in love with the ALZRC FBL blades. They are cross woven strong always perfect balance and the blemished ones can be had for $13
Nov 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
That servo mount is just like the others that break. The best I found is just the standard plastic or if you want metal it will cost you in weight.
Nov 01, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User
I've got one coming in on Tuesday of next week. I'm installing a Henge 922MG. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11
Does anyone know how this slides along?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o%5FMount.html

Cheers
Jim
Nov 02, 2012, 12:55 AM
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
I really like the hobbyking 335 mm blades. both in fiberglass and carbon. Actual 325mm from bolt hole to tip. Stiff blade,Chord is wider than the 325mm but about same thickness, weight and price. Will never buy anything else for my 450.
nice blades
Nov 02, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
I want one of these http://www.oomodel.com/alzrc-devil-4...t-p-64103.html

And you can use 360mm blades on this one, and fit the fbl controller on the boom too! Just need to convince the wife.........
Nov 02, 2012, 03:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend
I want one of these http://www.oomodel.com/alzrc-devil-4...t-p-64103.html

And you can use 360mm blades on this one, and fit the fbl controller on the boom too! Just need to convince the wife.........
When mentioned 360mm blades - any recommendation for good ones? I need a set for my stretched MT O : )
Nov 02, 2012, 04:40 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11
Also, what main blades do you guys use?
I started using genuine Align 325D Pro blades a while ago and love them. At around $15 I think they are not too expensive, and worth the extra cost.
Nov 02, 2012, 04:49 AM
rcflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
I really like the hobbyking 335 mm blades. both in fiberglass and carbon. Actual 325mm from bolt hole to tip. Stiff blade,Chord is wider than the 325mm but about same thickness, weight and price. Will never buy anything else for my 450.
Comparing it just gives more pop on collective, loops and continuous flips and rolls are easier as it tends to transition smoother with less collective input through he move, even with relative low headspeed. Nicer sound also.

I can understand why some like to stretch the 450 and run even longer blades.
They look like a good cheap option, the reason why I'm changing from the stock ones is that I've heard they blow off the blade grips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
I have fell in love with the ALZRC FBL blades. They are cross woven strong always perfect balance and the blemished ones can be had for $13
Do flybarless blades work on fb?

Cheers
Jim


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 29 Apr 19, 2016 03:56 AM
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 05:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 10:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 08:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 11:57 AM