Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:24 PM
MikeHRC is offline
Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Team Mulikow 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Anyone here have the Tarot ZYX and the hobbyking Robird G31?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_System.html


what is the difference between the 2? and is the robird any good? I heard some reports of a tail bounce on the 450
PP,

The Robird is very good - I find it better than the ZYX - it just worked out of the box. There are less options for tuning, but they are simpler as well if you don't fully understand PID controls (which I don't)

Cheers,
Mike.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
jombo is offline
Find More Posts by jombo
Bad News Everyone
jombo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I think VCTRC and VWINRC are the same. All the part numbers are the same. The FBL heads look the same. The helis are cheap in bulk but alas right now I don't need another kit. I am going to send them a list of parts for a price quote.

jumbo...look again.They had flybarred kits too. http://vctrc.en.alibaba.com/product/..._shipping.html
If anyone wants to go in with a 550 or 600 kit , or even 700 , i will too . I have a dozen 450 and 250's , the larger ones i would rather fly.

pitchp , that is why i went with the blackwidow or robird g31 .
really easy to program with a computer , like setting up your transmitter . super easy .
Black Widow Flybarless Setup (19 min 59 sec)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
sp00fman is offline
Find More Posts by sp00fman
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
Nice to see more cheap worthwhile FBL units coming out. I'm Sticking with the ZYX and CX versions for a while. They all work well for me on 250, 450 and 500 class.

-

Had a little mishap night-flying last Sunday.... It seems i was unable to auto down after hearing a hard "pop" sound.

Guess what went missing, he he
After losing my rotordisk lights i knew right away my featheringshaft went MIA along with the blades.

Immediately flipped TH, saved the powertrain.
Damage: featheringshaft-bolt, mainshaft+bearings, washout-arms, upper head linkages (unfound), all cyclic servo gears.

Well, that were the last HK orange singlechip servos i had. Cant really blame them. Just plastic geared.
Good thing a set of HK929MG (digital) was waiting at the post-office for me. Lets see how they work.

Rebuild is 3/4 done. Cant wait to get out on the field again working up to piroflips
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:10 AM
J.Richert is offline
Find More Posts by J.Richert
Registered User
Hi Folks:
I have this CT-6A transmitter which I used on my 450 until I bought the 9x. I then used the 6A for the sim and was going to use it as a buddy box, when suddenly the elevator channel stopped being transmitted. I checked the pot and the signal is coming into the STC chip perfectly. The processor is the STC 12C5408AD. The specs for the processor are all Chinese so that's as far as I got. Anybody with experience (Pat McK) can suggest a fix, or should I just save it for parts?
Thanks so much,
John
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
sp00fman is offline
Find More Posts by sp00fman
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
Are you sure the center pin of the pot is changing voltage when you move the stick?

What are those wires you have soldered to the PCB?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:40 PM
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline
Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Registered User
I waited a week to get a buddy code for the HK 450 Pro flybarless heli from the USA warehouse. I never did see one, so I went ahead and bought it. Lo and behold - I got a buddy code, lol..

HK-450TT PRO V2 Flybarless 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit (Align T-Rex Compat.) (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$65.37[/S] $53.78*

325mm Carbon Fiber Main Blades (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$8.14[/S] $6.52*


All my buddy-codes here
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:20 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
I waited a week to get a buddy code for the HK 450 Pro flybarless heli from the USA warehouse. I never did see one, so I went ahead and bought it. Lo and behold - I got a buddy code, lol..

HK-450TT PRO V2 Flybarless 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit (Align T-Rex Compat.) (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$65.37[/S] $53.78*

325mm Carbon Fiber Main Blades (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$8.14[/S] $6.52*


All my buddy-codes here

I know what you mean
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:57 PM
VelocityRC is offline
Find More Posts by VelocityRC
If it Works, You Better Fix It
VelocityRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
If anyone wants to go in with a 550 or 600 kit , or even 700 , i will too . I have a dozen 450 and 250's , the larger ones i would rather fly.

pitchp , that is why i went with the blackwidow or robird g31 .
really easy to program with a computer , like setting up your transmitter . super easy .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKClV6w7isw
Super Nice Video !!!

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm interested in geting one of these. I noticed when you were checking cyclic with the circle near the end of the vid that you have a mode 2 TX. As you know cyclic is on the right stick. I fly mode one where elev is on the left stick and aile is on the right stick.

Is there a mode one setting in the programming menu on the Robird setup software ??



Bill S.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
PP,

The Robird is very good - I find it better than the ZYX - it just worked out of the box. There are less options for tuning, but they are simpler as well if you don't fully understand PID controls (which I don't)

Cheers,
Mike.

thanks mike
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:10 PM
ridge_racer is offline
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Anyone use vendors listed on alibaba? I got an email from vctrc in regards to direct sales and got this link http://vctrc.en.alibaba.com/. Some items are listed with only a 10 item minimum order. Price works out great. Kinda like bulk shopping for parts.

Got an email back from them stating that they can do smaller orders with a 5 item minimum..
Well guys the numbers don't make cents.. Some parts like main shafts and main gears are dirt cheap but others like blades are the same or more than retail. I'll be honest, their carbon blades look as nice as Tarot's but 26 bucks for 500 carbon blades..!! Finally they only ship with DHL. With the items I was looking to get, it was 52 bucks. Might have to stick to ebay.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:16 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Well guys the numbers don't make cents.. Some parts like main shafts and main gears are dirt cheap but others like blades are the same or more than retail. I'll be honest, their carbon blades look as nice as Tarot's but 26 bucks for 500 carbon blades..!! Finally they only ship with DHL. With the items I was looking to get, it was 52 bucks. Might have to stick to ebay.
I buy a lot of my 450 and 250 parts from ebay. You can't go wrong with ebay
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:18 PM
ridge_racer is offline
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Registered User
I agree PP. However at times the quality can be hit or miss. A few too many times I have received bent or inadequate parts from a few vendors. All have provided replacements but alot of time wasted taking pics and sending emails to confirm issues. At the moment VCTRC and VWINRC seem to have some good parts for the 450 and 500. And those 450 and 500 blades would look great in the air.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline
Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Registered User
... on the bright side, someone just used my buddy code and I got almost $14 in hk cash to spend. I'm good with that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I know what you mean
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:28 AM
J.Richert is offline
Find More Posts by J.Richert
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Are you sure the center pin of the pot is changing voltage when you move the stick?

What are those wires you have soldered to the PCB?
Yep, that's what I was measuring.
I got this radio used, so I guess they had messed around with it...not sure why, but the other wires on the PCB are just the center pin wire from other channels. They were snipped from the connectors on the other side, and soldered on the front side.
Otherwise any hope for this thing?
Thanks
John
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:59 PM
sp00fman is offline
Find More Posts by sp00fman
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
Check if the voltage of the center pin reaches the pin on the chip.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 29 Apr 19, 2016 04:56 AM
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 06:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 11:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 09:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 12:57 PM