Nov 09, 2010, 07:32 PM
Not a six pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid
Rocketscience! wether are not I go 4s, thats some good info thank you!

ok I hafta ask,was it the heli? are your flying style, cuase that looked super smooth!
If it was the stretched one, it's because it's so stable. It just feels so 'locked in'.. compared to a regular 450, and to some extent, even a 500. If they design a certain size heli to be stable and yet maneuverable and you stretch it, you make it even more stable. so it may even overlap some when compared to a 500's stability (yes I have 1 to compare).
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2010, 08:11 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Looks like thier doing this to all the long threads. I think it's time for rcgroups to upgrade their servers.....
Nov 09, 2010, 08:13 PM
Resident Skeptican
Maybe we could just pay them the bandwidth that parsing all those old threads takes up? Then they wouldn't have to archive any threads at all? Who cares if people on slower connections wind up having to wait a half hour for the threads in a main category to view, right?

Seriously all forums do this, it's nothing new or unexpected if you've been around a forum for a while.
Nov 09, 2010, 08:19 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1
Looks like thier doing this to all the long threads. I think it's time for rcgroups to upgrade their servers.....
It's such a shame to loose such a large data base!

(Tony, will give you a jingle tomorrow)

b
Nov 09, 2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
here is my shopping list so far,keep in mind,I'll be adding 2 are 3 more servo's,and a few more sets of blades,just havn't figured out how ta do that on my wish list!
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ustomer=194802
Hey buddy, are you a beginner? If so go with the plastic v2 or if you have experience skip the MT and go the GT or PRO, they are much better built!
I would get the Turnigy MEMS gyro for an extra $60, you'll just end up turfing the 401 anyway and a digital 9257 knock-off to match. Also 25c batts are only $2 extra.
Nov 09, 2010, 08:55 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan

not the 450

the 250 had a accident today and snapped the feathering shaft , fixed it in 2 min but found some stuff that caught my eye . i have the plastic 250 too and that comes with 2 sets of blades , one is the stock but in black set of strait blades and another that is a bit longer like 15mm???? maybe but here is the kicker , their taperd. i tryed them and almost crashed ... i mean almost had a accident . tryed it 4 more times and wouldnt get off the ground. just out of curiosity i raised my swash # and then raised my throttle curve . why did i need to do that , it works fine now but i can tell you the thing sounds like a egg beater now at those high rpm's. does anyone know why i needed to do that to make it fly
Nov 09, 2010, 09:14 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan

contest ,first prize a heli

check this site out , the contest is giving away a free heli
http://www.groundpoundersrc.com/show...-themed-photos!
Nov 09, 2010, 11:39 PM
team sleprock
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000
Hey buddy, are you a beginner? If so go with the plastic v2 or if you have experience skip the MT and go the GT or PRO, they are much better built!
I would get the Turnigy MEMS gyro for an extra $60, you'll just end up turfing the 401 anyway and a digital 9257 knock-off to match. Also 25c batts are only $2 extra.
yes I would consider myself a begginer! I was just geting ta stable hover,and side in's with my nightranger(blade cp twin)when the tail motor burned out,just looking for a machine ta finnish my training for now,and once I get ta ff I will diffinatly spend the time and money ta build me a quality machine!

I just like the looks of the metal head and tail!

after beating this heli inta submision! I WILL be getting me a trex 450 pro super combo!

seen the 450 pro kit in the next twn over from me! very kewl,then watch'd finnless bob's vidio on whats in the box and some of his build vid's

then read threw the helifreaks hk450 on the cheap begginers thread,thats how I came up with the list I hav. I know gonna hafta outsorce the esc BECUASE HK is always back orderd on them,( I personaly think its so we will buy there name brand junk)not gonna do it,I'm new ta electric's and I know better!

I do appreciate the help thank you very much! the Kid!

rg2000 your right! don't know what I was thinking, yes the GT glad you brought that up
Last edited by whiskykid; Nov 10, 2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: good call
Nov 10, 2010, 02:59 AM
WK,

If you pay first, they will BackOrder it for you, and when it comes in, it will be reserved for you, but for some stuff, if you check their stock it will still say BackOrder. So if you want it, and are willing to wait, then I recommend pay for it. I've received stuff, that has always been on BackOrder status.

I don't see a RX in that order, or any of the connectors.

Also, it probably is cheaper now to get the Heli and LiPo from the US warehouse.
Nov 10, 2010, 03:17 AM
team sleprock
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812
WK,

If you pay first, they will BackOrder it for you, and when it comes in, it will be reserved for you, but for some stuff, if you check their stock it will still say BackOrder. So if you want it, and are willing to wait, then I recommend pay for it. I've received stuff, that has always been on BackOrder status.

I don't see a RX in that order, or any of the connectors.

Also, it probably is cheaper now to get the Heli and LiPo from the US warehouse.
thanks for the heads up on the back ordered stuff,and I prob. should split my wish list in 2! 1 from hong kong/and 1 from usa!but I will prob get charged tax as I live in wash. state!

Oh ya I hav extra bullets and deans,did I mention I hate soldering deans,and a 6 ch micro rx for my futaba!
Nov 10, 2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:

here is my shopping list so far,keep in mind,I'll be adding 2 are 3 more servo's,and a few more sets of blades,just havn't figured out how ta do that on my wish list!

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ustomer=194802

keep them spinnin! thank's new heli addic, only took one good hover! the Kid!
Just an opinion. I would go with this (others suggested me this stuff when I had same doubts as you):

TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller 30A version is on the limit if you push it hard.
Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv More punch for later...
ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C 20C discharge rate wont give you same performance as this one.
D922MG Digital Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg/ 12g/ 0.07sec Fantastic servo for the price!
TURNIGY BESC Programming Card Makes your life easier.
3.5mm 3 wire Bullet-connector for motor (5pairs/bag) For connecting ESC to motor.
EC3 plugs (10pairs/set) Your preference, Deans, XT, whatever, I prefer EC3.
Nov 10, 2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommee
Just an opinion. I would go with this (others suggested me this stuff when I had same doubts as you):

TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller 30A version is on the limit if you push it hard.
Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv More punch for later...
ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C 20C discharge rate wont give you same performance as this one.
D922MG Digital Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg/ 12g/ 0.07sec Fantastic servo for the price!
TURNIGY BESC Programming Card Makes your life easier.
3.5mm 3 wire Bullet-connector for motor (5pairs/bag) For connecting ESC to motor.
EC3 plugs (10pairs/set) Your preference, Deans, XT, whatever, I prefer EC3.
I dont know if it my batteries, but for some reason my 2836 bogs almost always. Im on a 12t pinion now, it was much better on a 11t but still not very good. 45C nanos and 40C turnigys are the ones its bogging with.
Nov 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Lord, teach me pa... *crash*
Sticky request:
On the first thread I followed for the E-sky Honey Bee King V2, the first post for the thread was a set of basic info such as settings linkage lengths, and (some) radio settings. It was designed to let a newb have a chance to get set up without having to search the thread for the info. It also had links to some of Finless Bob's videos, and other setup tutorials and info. Would there be any interest in starting such a posting here?

I am not trying to create work for someone else, just asking at this point. If needed, I would be willing to edit in information if it was sent to me. You guys seem to know the HK 450 very well, and we could all benefit from the expertise in this way.

The other option is to keep this a discussion only, Q&A only thread.

Opinions?

Happy flying. John

Addendum: Would appreciate having a section that clarifies differences between models such as the MT, PRO, V2, or other configs with specific differences from the basic model. A cress reference to Align parts or to parts by dimension would help. Too ambitious?
Last edited by pastorJohn; Nov 10, 2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Addendum
Nov 10, 2010, 09:09 AM
Looptastic!
I feel like ranting about the nano's again now they are broken in. Its the 35-70C and still has less power than the 30C zippy, so i'm not impressed with their new tech.
Nov 10, 2010, 10:14 AM
Look Ma, no hands!
I'm in. But I guess I missed the cake.

Quick Reply