Nov 17, 2010, 08:55 AM
Retired
clicky, how's the 450 pro build coming along?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2010, 08:58 AM
Use the flybar young Padawan
pitchp , i will give that a try too, right now i need to paint the kitchen so no play for me today . i dont remember if i got 2 sets for the GT, i got 2 sets for the plastic 250 , which btw isint worth poo , but alot of parts are compatable with the GT, feathering shaft , main shaft , tail blades main blades , links and almost all the rest except the main gears and motor mount , maybe even the lower and upper sides because the way the motor mount fits in . but the rest is ok for spare parts. well believe it or not before the main gear gave out the tail blades hit the ground well by using the 450 main gear i dont have that problem any more
Nov 17, 2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp
clicky, how's the 450 pro build coming along?
Built tested and... well - still need to find out why 2610V + D922mg + FBL head ($14.95 one) doesn't work well. Next is to try to return original blade holders (decrease mechanical gain) and try again...

Other one (flybarred) I built and tested flies really nicely! When I finish mine (FBL) - I already see it as my main 'throw-around bird' Maybe even to move to Mode 2 and give it a go too! I really need to teach my left hand to 'manage' collective!
Nov 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
pitchp , i will give that a try too, right now i need to paint the kitchen so no play for me today . i dont remember if i got 2 sets for the GT, i got 2 sets for the plastic 250 , which btw isint worth poo , but alot of parts are compatable with the GT, feathering shaft , main shaft , tail blades main blades , links and almost all the rest except the main gears and motor mount , maybe even the lower and upper sides because the way the motor mount fits in . but the rest is ok for spare parts. well believe it or not before the main gear gave out the tail blades hit the ground well by using the 450 main gear i dont have that problem any more
very interesting
Nov 17, 2010, 09:18 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Built tested and... well - still need to find out why 2610V + D922mg + FBL head ($14.95 one) doesn't work well. Next is to try to return original blade holders (decrease mechanical gain) and try again...

Other one (flybarred) I built and tested flies really nicely! When I finish mine (FBL) - I already see it as my main 'throw-around bird' Maybe even to move to Mode 2 and give it a go too! I really need to teach my left hand to 'manage' collective!
why the sudden move to mode 2? what's wrong with mode 1?
Nov 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
Things that do fly
Quote:
When i started on fms before i had a plane i used mode 2 and couldnt do it and then found out how to change things around so my brain could work the sticks ,it turned out that i had changed to mode 1 but didnt even know there was a name for stick setup lol i here that most heli guys use mode 2 though.
Nov 17, 2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Nothing sudden. Nothing wrong. Just curious! Curious if I can switch and how hard it would be. Almost as if I need another challenge
Nov 17, 2010, 09:49 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2
When i started on fms before i had a plane i used mode 2 and couldnt do it and then found out how to change things around so my brain could work the sticks ,it turned out that i had changed to mode 1 but didnt even know there was a name for stick setup lol i here that most heli guys use mode 2 though.
yeah, but it doesn't matter which mode you fly in, does it? is it a cheaper tx for mode 2 or somethin?
Nov 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Nothing sudden. Nothing wrong. Just curious! Curious if I can switch and how hard it would be. Almost as if I need another challenge
oh ok. Hey I just learnt how to do a 4 point tic toc. I swear I am deliberately avoiding this nose in hover. It is sooo boring, and crap. lol
Nov 17, 2010, 09:55 AM
Things that do fly
Quote:
oh ok. Hey I just learnt how to do a 4 point tic toc. I swear I am deliberately avoiding this nose in hover. It is sooo boring, and crap. lol
Maybe but if it stops you flying into trees its gotta be good to learn
Nov 17, 2010, 10:08 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2
Maybe but if it stops you flying into trees its gotta be good to learn
that is the main reason the heli hit the tree, it's because of that nose in hover. Other wise my day would been a good day.
Nov 17, 2010, 10:10 AM
Retired
MK: seriously, who flies nose in hover these days anyway? I haven't met one person yet, that said, "It was a nice day today, I went through 6 packs with nose in hovers, I might do it again tomo!!" :P
Nov 17, 2010, 10:17 AM
Things that do fly
I do have to say that nose in is such an important thing,,every time you fly away and turn back towards your self you need that skill set to be in full control of the heli,nose in hover is the same as this but at a stand still
Nov 17, 2010, 10:20 AM
And flips/loops/rolls even tic/tocs end up occasionally with heli in an awkward position (i.e. nose in ) and those are, usually, main reasons for people learning how to fly helis crash...

Also, try slow piros - very slow and controlled (6+ seconds for full circle - 1 pirouette). That will teach you how to hover in all orientations, fly backward, do funnels, etc...
Nov 17, 2010, 10:21 AM
I atleast plan on learning nose-in hovering properly. I'm at flight ~60 or so, and lately its been mostly tail-in so I think I need the practice. I can hover nose-in, I'm just not as good at it as I want to.

Quick Reply