The HK 450 story continue - Page 125 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 18, 2011, 08:36 AM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1
So I changed the 11t pinion with a 13t pinion. and it seems WAY louder. but still no lift.

throttle curve is 0, 17.5, 40, 70, 100. I know those numbers are all over the place but I just put something in that would get it off the ground.

pitch is 40, 45, 50, 75, 100.

blades are set at -4, 0, +9
Hit throttle hold so it doesnt spin up and hit the throttle,do the blades pitch up? how far? next is are the blades the correct way around and spinning the right direction? i know you changed the motor so could be spinning wrong way,also ,try setting thr curve to 40,100,100,100 100 just to try,,,oh i did say before but does the ESC have a govonor that is holding the head speed down?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
Registered User
I have disconnected the motor and moved the throttle stick up and yes, the blades pitch up to +9 degrees.

As far as the blades being the correct way....I think so ? the tail is spinning the correct way so I assume it is.

ESC doesnt have govenor.

It is in a scale fuselage so putting the belt around the cog at the front of the tail boom was pretty hard. if the belt is twisted the wrong way around the pulley, could that cause this problem ? even tho the blades seem to be spinning the right way ?
Mar 18, 2011, 09:42 AM
Registered User
sh4nce's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1
I have disconnected the motor and moved the throttle stick up and yes, the blades pitch up to +9 degrees.

As far as the blades being the correct way....I think so ? the tail is spinning the correct way so I assume it is.

ESC doesnt have govenor.

It is in a scale fuselage so putting the belt around the cog at the front of the tail boom was pretty hard. if the belt is twisted the wrong way around the pulley, could that cause this problem ? even tho the blades seem to be spinning the right way ?
main rotors should go clockwise while tail ccw. The tail driven badly would only result in a non steady tail I guess. Shouldn't stop the main rotor from working. Unless it has insane friction slowing it down?

Also check that rotors are pointing the right way. Yesterday mine was hopping around because I had one rotor mounted the wrong way
Mar 18, 2011, 10:50 AM
Not a six pack
rocketscience's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1

It is in a scale fuselage so

According to the dark horse headspeed calc, 2500kv on 13t is still just 2200 rpm. With a fuselage on there and 9 degrees of pitch.. I don't know. I think you need 2600-2800 rpm just to take off. Either that or 11 degrees pitch maybe. But I have never done scale so I'm no expert on the effects of weight from the fuse. Just curious, what made you get that motor?

I used to run the 2218 (red/silver) 2500kv motor too on 13t but with 4S. Which according to the calc gets you 3000rpm headspeed. And even that was with 12 degrees pitch.
Mar 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Fly Safe !!
Wade google Finless Bob and look at his video's on setting up you head and curves and pitches etc as with your combination and settings you are never going to get the heli in the air.

Those videos are really good and will help you to understand the whole concept of setting up for flight.Most here on rcg have gone through them - download all of them and keep them and study them.
Mar 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
Zippy Puffer
2Doggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
According to the dark horse headspeed calc, 2500kv on 13t is still just 2200 rpm. With a fuselage on there and 9 degrees of pitch.. I don't know. I think you need 2600-2800 rpm just to take off. Either that or 11 degrees pitch maybe. But I have never done scale so I'm no expert on the effects of weight from the fuse. Just curious, what made you get that motor?

I used to run the 2218 (red/silver) 2500kv motor too on 13t but with 4S. Which according to the calc gets you 3000rpm headspeed. And even that was with 12 degrees pitch.
I've messed around with governor mode on my HK 560 Pro, and I've had it hovering at 2200, using somewhere around +7 pitch, and my 450 weighs in at about 850g. What does yours weigh with the scale body?

Wade, your throttle curves aren't too far out - but you could change them to 0,60, 70, 80, 90, 100. If it's still not lifting off the ground, increase the swash pitch mix.

With the stock dampers, my 450 "nods" at anything below about 2400, though, so maybe you will have to try a 14t pinion.
Mar 18, 2011, 06:22 PM
Registered User
The reason I got this motor is because I thought for scale applications, a lower kv was better.
Will adjust pitch and throttle and report back.

Thanks guys !
Mar 18, 2011, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Wade in your Swash Mix - change the "+" numbers to "-" numbers - that should get you lifted off the ground. So go from say +60 to -60.
Mar 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
krefi's Avatar
Did y'alls kits come with washers for mounting the servos, or did you find your own elsewhere?
Mar 18, 2011, 11:46 PM
Zippy Puffer
2Doggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by krefi
Did y'alls kits come with washers for mounting the servos, or did you find your own elsewhere?
no washers with either of my HK 450 Pros!
Mar 19, 2011, 11:19 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Hey guys, I just got the metal blade holders from HK for the V2 and I need a little help with assembly! There appear to be more parts than I know where to put them. Does anyone know of a diagram for assembly?

Thanks,
Ethan
Mar 20, 2011, 03:53 AM
Registered User
sh4nce's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax
Hey guys, I just got the metal blade holders from HK for the V2 and I need a little help with assembly! There appear to be more parts than I know where to put them. Does anyone know of a diagram for assembly?

Thanks,
Ethan
Did you check the trex 450 manual? It has an exploded view of the head. You can google it or get from files section on HK product page.
Mar 20, 2011, 09:33 AM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4nce
Did you check the trex 450 manual? It has an exploded view of the head. You can google it or get from files section on HK product page.
I have the Trex 450 V2 manual but the setup is different, or I am missing something. If I can't find something I'm sure I can figure it out!
Mar 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
The New Guy
fatalsync's Avatar
The confusing part about the setup image in the align manual is that it shows you both dampers but only one set of collar/washers/bearings.
Mar 20, 2011, 01:00 PM
Skint since 2000
ghost2212's Avatar

Just Flew My HK450 with the Ga-250 gyro.


Got a couple of packs through my HK450 just doing nose in practice and some auto's from chest height and then on the last pack i did some nice fast forward circuits as seen in the video. I'm using the GA-250 gyro and it kicks out abit in pitch pumps though its not as bad as the hk401b. Also in the stall turns i would pull up in to the vertical and put rudder in and it felt like it was sticking. Then it would suddenly move and i'd end up coming out of it a bit wrong as you might be able to see in this video. It may just be me but further tests will be conducted to see

HK450 Flight 1 20-3-11 With ASSAN GA-250 (4 min 19 sec)


hope spring comes soon

Brett


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 29 Apr 19, 2016 04:56 AM
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 06:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 11:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 09:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 12:57 PM