Jul 20, 2017, 03:24 PM
If it flies, I probably have 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
Yeah - both great but different cities. I meant the weather is generally better in Edinburgh, I always thought that it rained more in Glasgow ...
we've been pretty lucky with the rain this week, was supposed to be crappy after monday, still waiting on the rain , lol
although was rather gusty wind yesterday
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2017, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_steve75
Thanks, Thats really kind of you to say, my ultimate aim is nice scale flying, with very mild aerobatics, nothing remotely 3D, just simple things like large loops, or stall turns.
i just dont get as much practice as i really should, im at an OK level with my planes, so wanna get to an OK level with the helis too, for the longest time, it was fear of crashing that kept me from taking them up
ive only just started doing loops on the 600 today. and only backwords loops for what over reason i seem to find them easier. Probably from constantly doing front flips and them morphing them into tight loops.

you'll get there. No hurry just have fun
Jul 22, 2017, 09:59 AM
If it flies, I probably have 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
ive only just started doing loops on the 600 today. and only backwords loops for what over reason i seem to find them easier. Probably from constantly doing front flips and them morphing them into tight loops.

you'll get there. No hurry just have fun
Thanks
Aug 06, 2017, 01:44 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It

For you belt tail folks.

I bought a Align 470LM this winter and have about 60+ flights on it. This is my first belt tail and I was wondering how often should that belt be replaced as general maintenance ? It uses the 500 belt FYI.

Bill S.
Aug 06, 2017, 03:33 PM
I have only replaced belts when they have broken - usually in a crash
Aug 06, 2017, 04:51 PM
I check and lube mine before each outing. It's now ten years old (but only about 150 flights), and I have yet to see any cracks, exposed fibers, or even stretching that requires readjusting the tension. Set the tension right and it should go a good long time,
Sep 04, 2017, 06:43 AM
Installing an OSD N1, to HK 450 GT, with Naza H:
NAZA H and OSD N1 (2 min 41 sec)

The HK450GT is the test subject.
If the outcome meets my expectations, I will do the same mod to my HK600GT.
Sep 05, 2017, 01:04 PM
Wow, just got caught up on about 200 pages. This is still the best read on heli's, thanks everyone for contributing. It's great to see folks progress through the hobby. I've followed this thread from the beginning, I've been getting in a lot of flying this year and polishing my skills of sport flying and working into backward flight. This years focus has been on flying in the windiest days I can. The 450 Pro with a K-Bar, Tarot head and hard dampers is really surprising me in the wind, very easy to control. My 470LM has been performing well too about 70 flights on that one so far and all is well. I thought I would share some photos.

Happy Flying All !!!

Bill S.
Sep 05, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
I have only replaced belts when they have broken - usually in a crash
OK, thanks Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBird
I check and lube mine before each outing. It's now ten years old (but only about 150 flights), and I have yet to see any cracks, exposed fibers, or even stretching that requires readjusting the tension. Set the tension right and it should go a good long time,
Lube ?? With what and why ? Just curious

Bill S.
Sep 05, 2017, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
Lube ?? With what and why ? Just curious

Bill S.
I use a light silicone/teflon oil that I posted on the Nano forum a while back. It's part of my pre-flight routine. I put a small amount on the gears, bearings, links, belt, etc. I generally then lightly wipe excess off with a Q-tip, which leaves a light amount and removes any dirt. It also helps ensure I give everything a once-over before I go.

Does it work/help? From a purely scientific perspective, it's hard to say. I certainly have not tried oiling one bird and not oiling another similar one and seeing how each fares. What I can say is that I can feel the links and such moving better afterwards, I can see dirt coming off, and at times I've found something that needed a little adjusting before it bit me in the butt. I can also say that the Nano is notorious for burning out motors in 50 flights, give or take, and my two oldest ones have 180 and 360 flights on the original motors. So while it may not be a silver bullet, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm.

As always, YMMV. Happy flying (and maybe oiling).

Bill
Sep 05, 2017, 10:50 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
Wow, just got caught up on about 200 pages. This is still the best read on heli's, thanks everyone for contributing. It's great to see folks progress through the hobby. I've followed this thread from the beginning, I've been getting in a lot of flying this year and polishing my skills of sport flying and working into backward flight. This years focus has been on flying in the windiest days I can. The 450 Pro with a K-Bar, Tarot head and hard dampers is really surprising me in the wind, very easy to control. My 470LM has been performing well too about 70 flights on that one so far and all is well. I thought I would share some photos.

Happy Flying All !!!

Bill S.
Good looking helis, Bill. Great to see you still clocking up the flights.
Sep 07, 2017, 12:19 PM
Thanks CatBird and BF.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
Sep 10, 2017, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stliver
Installing an OSD N1, to HK 450 GT, with Naza H:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7usq28qxY

The HK450GT is the test subject.
If the outcome meets my expectations, I will do the same mod to my HK600GT.
NAZA H and OSD N1 Test Flight (5 min 22 sec)
Sep 10, 2017, 11:22 AM
Excellent, look forward to the 600 videos! The 450 sure landed smoothly!
Sep 18, 2017, 05:44 PM
Amazing with a FB bird and what sounds like low HS. Good job !!

Bill S.

Quick Reply