Nov 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
Watch your 6
What does it mean when the gate to the sod farm is closed? Does't look locked.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2010, 11:38 AM
I shouldn't be flying either!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Killer
What does it mean when the gate to the sod farm is closed? Does't look locked.
It means you need to open it. I just talked to Lee, we are flying at the sod farm today. I will be there a little after ten. Scott
Nov 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
Watch your 6
Thanks Scott. I didn't want to go waltzing in there if I wasn't suposed to.
Nov 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
Watch your 6
It also probably means that the guy out needs to close the gat again
Nov 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Scott, any chance I could meet you somewhere today and get an adapter thingy. I cant make it to the farm, but could do some AD action.
Nov 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
We're at AD now come on over
Nov 13, 2010, 03:43 PM
I must have just missed everyone. Went to AD and had some fun flying my buddies 4S Unicorn. She flies real nice. A little fast for combat probably, but FUN!!!!.
Nov 13, 2010, 04:06 PM
We were there till around 11:00-11:30. The Campaign Flier was a flop. ;( Time to head back to the shop so that I have something to play with next weekend.

Dave
Nov 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
There were 6 of us at the sod farm. The gate is back up but it was not locked. Tome and Jake were shutting it when they left.

Jon is it possible to get permission to put a keyed lock on the gate and let those who are in the group have access like they do at UVA?

I still think we should make a contribution to the manager that lets us fly there. Let's set something up and do it.

As I said I will donate at least $50. It's worth every penny to have something so big, so close without trees and soccer moms.

Lee
Nov 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
What gate???? The one to the South Fields???

In the past when it was locked they gave me the code. I will find out if they are going to lock it or just shut it?

Bummer I missed you guys this week.
Nov 13, 2010, 06:06 PM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post16544267

Let me know your thoughts. I really like the idea of a combat wing RTF. We could easily pitch in and build one.
Nov 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
Watch your 6
Jon, With Todd gone I don't know if there will be any night flying tonight at AD. On the other hand I I just might bring the Slow Stick down and fly a pack out after dark anyway, if my wife doesn't put me to work
Nov 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Yup- we shut the gate on the way out. Excellent day of flying at the sod farm- A little chilly but a splendid day none the less- Great entertainment watching the limbo attempts under the irrigation pipe

Jim- sorry we didn't get to talk to you too much today- Too busy keeping those Slow Sticks in the air!

Hopefully will have at least one set of LEDs done by tonight- all done by the end of the weekend.

Cheers!

Tom
Nov 14, 2010, 12:25 AM
Redbull
hey, wheres the sod farm?
Nov 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
Watch your 6
Tom - That was cool how you kept your batteries charged up all day. I like the setup you had. Looking at your charger it looked like you were charging at 1C. From my experience it should have taken you about 1 hour to charge your 2200s.

I saw that you were set up to charge multiples. Does that take the same amount of time?

Looking forward to flying with you at night sometime.

Jim

Quick Reply