Utah County Flying II - Page 443 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 23, 2012, 01:18 AM
swede
denial15's Avatar
Sorry. It didn't set ME back. I flew anyway....well, most of the time.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
I am flying tonight at Vineyard to get the black background for video. All planes welcome and encouraged to come. Jeff or others I would like to take some time exposures and would like some advice on digital cameras that can do a time exposure.
Nov 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
therealhiphop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Sorry. It didn't set ME back. I flew anyway....well, most of the time.
Ha ha. Yes, one little word can make all the difference!
Nov 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
Design, Build, and Fly
KatanaGuy's Avatar
Where is Vineyard? Not the sod farm, .... is this another park in that area? The baseball diamonds?
Nov 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hit Me! Please!
jwjohnson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I am flying tonight at Vineyard to get the black background for video. All planes welcome and encouraged to come. Jeff or others I would like to take some time exposures and would like some advice on digital cameras that can do a time exposure.
Lee,
The time exposures I shot at night in St. George a couple of years ago were shot at ISO 200, f/11, 30 seconds and with the widest angle lens I had with me. Almost all digital SLR's and many higher end point and shoots will let you go into manual mode and make those settings.
Here's an example:
Nov 23, 2012, 06:22 PM
swede
denial15's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaGuy
Where is Vineyard? Not the sod farm, .... is this another park in that area? The baseball diamonds?
Yes, Vineyard is Lakeside Park where the baseball diamonds are. The address is around 1800 W. 400 S. It's technically in Orem, but is commonly called Vineyard. We usually fly in the field just west of the ball diamonds.
Nov 23, 2012, 11:30 PM
Registered User
ttabbal's Avatar
Anyone planning to fly early afternoon tomorrow? Say around 1 or 2.
Nov 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
Bruce
I'm planing on the sod farm around noon. The Provo airport weather forecast looks great for tomorrow with very light winds predicted. Will bring the bowling cones and stand.
Nov 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Planning on the sod farm at noon.
Nov 24, 2012, 11:57 AM
I can make it, I can break it

Noon it is.


I think noon's okay.

I have enjoyed this thread because it's been fun, informative, uplifting and a great way to coordinate flying times, answer building questions things like that. Just trying to keep it that way keep it fun. if you have something negative to say to somebody, take it elsewhere, don't drag all of us into it please.

One other though. Be careful that the plane that you're targeting when your flying combat is somebody who wants to combat. The idea behind combat is to make contact with the other plane not trash someone's plane. I would hope if you damage someone's plane that you think about how you feel when your plane gets damaged and that you help them as you can to at least gather their pieces up and possibly help fix the plane. Have a good day!!!!!!
Nov 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered User
therealhiphop's Avatar
FYI - The road into the sod farm is a muddy, slippery mess.
Nov 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
swede
denial15's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASTON
I think noon's okay.

I have enjoyed this thread because it's been fun, informative, uplifting and a great way to coordinate flying times, answer building questions things like that. Just trying to keep it that way keep it fun. if you have something negative to say to somebody, take it elsewhere, don't drag all of us into it please.
Regarding the negativity, I haven't seen any. One thing you will notice as you thoroughly read through this thread and sWARm threads is a plethora of smack talk.

It's all in fun. I've been flying with these guys for years and have never or read heard one mean spirited negative, or hateful comment.

The "negative" comments here are like a piece of bacon wrapped so heavily in sarcasm even a hungry Yankee couldn't smell it. ( <- sarcasm)

Besides, this is an open forum that you are voluntarily reading. No one is dragging anyone anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASTON
One other though. Be careful that the plane that you're targeting when your flying combat is somebody who wants to combat. The idea behind combat is to make contact with the other plane not trash someone's plane. I would hope if you damage someone's plane that you think about how you feel when your plane gets damaged and that you help them as you can to at least gather their pieces up and possibly help fix the plane. Have a good day!!!!!!
Another great thing about this club is there are very few rules. There are however, a few unofficial SOP's.

Learn quick what planes are combat planes. If you want to fly a plane not designated for combat, don't fly when combats are in the air. I learned that one personally. It was my own fault. I didn't blame anyone, or have I'll feelings toward the one who hit me. I knew there were combat planes up, and I flew anyway.

The only other "rule" I'm aware of is if you bring food, you're the President.

There is a lot of courtesy in the group, but were probably not the type to make the entire school buy sun-butter because one person has a peanut allergy.

Welcome to the group. I look forward to meeting you.
Nov 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hit Me! Please!
jwjohnson's Avatar
Kevin (Kaston) has been with the group since before there was a group. I'm sure you've met him before Dan. He's Lee's brother.
Nov 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
swede
denial15's Avatar
Holy cow.

What negativity is he talking about then?

If it's the stuff between jjisme and me, we were just teasing. It's all good between us.
Nov 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Great flying day, perfect weather, but the road is getting soft even though it has been a few days since we had rain. I think we are near the end of driving in to the south side of the west sod farm.

Jon.. Can we move to the East farm?

Are we making donations to the employees of the sod farm this year?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Trying to find Nitro flying area in Ogden Depot, Weber county, Utah jjstick USA - District X 4 Nov 08, 2013 01:20 AM
Alert Utah County Flying Schedule Darren Hintze Utah Flyers Organization 12934 Nov 09, 2010 06:35 AM
Discussion Utah County Flying Sites redgiki Utah Flyers Organization 6 Mar 23, 2007 03:23 PM