Thread Tools
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:17 PM
oldsneakers is offline
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
That's a fun video. If only these model planes would sound like the mustang in the video. I didn't know they made a P40 in the this Fly Fly series. Based on my luck with a 800mm P40, it might be a handful. But who knows.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
Umm. Wow. Inspiring. Particularly the part that showed the airplane struggling to fly well. Love the truth in advertising on that one!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
TimJohnson is offline
Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Split S
TimJohnson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
That's a fun video. If only these model planes would sound like the mustang in the video. I didn't know they made a P40 in the this Fly Fly series. Based on my luck with a 800mm P40, it might be a handful. But who knows.
I tried to fly the P-51 with the production radio, and found that the control travel was too much for my liking. So I ditched the radio and receiver and installed my choice of computer radio. Once I did that I was able to program what I like into the control. I keep the thing on the back seat of my car. It is my lunch time toy now.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:30 AM
oldsneakers is offline
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
The farmer finally appeared at the field we've been using. He wasn't too happy so we won't be going there any more. We drove down to a state park. Real nice field except for people and dogs running around and a line of trees not too far away. Of course first time up with the FF corsair I clipped some branches and down it came. I was lucky it came down. The motor is just barely turning so I think one of esc wires broke off. But no foam damage by some miracle. That plane is still flying great.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:54 PM
TimJohnson is offline
Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Split S
TimJohnson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
The farmer finally appeared at the field we've been using. He wasn't too happy so we won't be going there any more. We drove down to a state park. Real nice field except for people and dogs running around and a line of trees not too far away. Of course first time up with the FF corsair I clipped some branches and down it came. I was lucky it came down. The motor is just barely turning so I think one of esc wires broke off. But no foam damage by some miracle. That plane is still flying great.
Keep us posted.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
oldsneakers is offline
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
It's awful quiet on this board. I'm surprised there are'nt more Fly Fly mini fans out there. I did 3 batteries yesterday and had a great time. That little corsair is a blast. It made my new 50" T28 look very slow.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
I think I've officially given up on mine. I bought the little 1S UM corsair from HH and it's giving me my "little" corsair fix, and I'm planning ordering the new full sized PZ corsair as soon as it comes out - with retracts!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:43 PM
Rescuejim is offline
Find More Posts by Rescuejim
I can crash anything
While I haven't completely given up it has moved way down on my list to fly. I had such high hopes too
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
will3kgt is online now
Find More Posts by will3kgt
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
It's awful quiet on this board. I'm surprised there are'nt more Fly Fly mini fans out there. I did 3 batteries yesterday and had a great time. That little corsair is a blast. It made my new 50" T28 look very slow.
I haven't flown mine for awhile. I'll take it up tonight I think.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
mighty_mace is offline
Find More Posts by mighty_mace
Registered User
mighty_mace's Avatar
I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a motor. I bought the 'kit' from banana and was wondering how they heck the motor mounted. Didn't realize it was on the cowl.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
oldsneakers is offline
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
Hey whichwaysup, how do you like the UM corsair? I had the mustang and still fly the um T28. They are fun planes. And you can fly them almost anywhere.

Mighty_mace, if I had bought the kit, I think I'd find a way to put a motor mount on the fuselage. Drill out the center of the cowling. Maybe just epoxy a peice of wood to the nose for the firewall.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
Hey whichwaysup, how do you like the UM corsair? I had the mustang and still fly the um T28. They are fun planes. And you can fly them almost anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post

Mighty_mace, if I had bought the kit, I think I'd find a way to put a motor mount on the fuselage. Drill out the center of the cowling. Maybe just epoxy a peice of wood to the nose for the firewall.
Old Sneakers - I LOVE it. I'd read just about the entire thread on this forum and was convinced it would turn out like the Mosquito - mediocre at best, highly sensitve to wind, and generally a bad design - so I bought the Fly Fly instead. It always bugged me though, so I kept my eyes open for a used one for sale at a good price. It's AWESOME. I couldn't be happier with it. It's at least as powerful as the mustang and looks so good in the air! I replaced the 3 blade prop with the mustang prop (the 3 blade was broken on the one I bought), so I don't know how it flew with that one. Apparently the newer once have fixed the CG issue (battery tray is cut further up) and have better servos.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:50 PM
oldsneakers is offline
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
That plane is very tempting. I've had my eye on that Corsair for a long time. I watch hobb-e-mart on ebay looking a deal like you got. The last UM I got was the T28 and I noticed they made the battery pocket very long so you could adjust the CG. My old UM mustang and cub didn't have that.

I bought an 1000mm ArtTech Corsair which is a bit smaller than the PZ. It flies very nice too. I ordered some 4S batteries to speed it up. I guess the Corsair body shape is like the T28 in that most versions of it fly pretty good.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:18 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar

Guess this makes it official


Nothign bugs me like having an airplane hanging around with now prospect of ever flying again. I toyed with the idea of trying to salvage it one more time, but int he end, there was so much wrong with it, before and after the last crashes, that it just wasn't worth it. On the other hand, nothing is more heart wrenching than destroying an almost-fixable airframe to get the parts out.

This morning, I finally got the motivation to do the latter to my Fly Fly Corsair. I needed to make a bomb drop for my full sized PZ T-28 to drop parachutes for the kids when they come to the flying field with me. I needed a servo . . .

It was time.

So, I guess this makes it official - I'm out of the fly fly corsair business.I actually see myself buying another one if it ever shows up for the right price, but for now, she's parts.

Old Sneakers, keep the faith. You've been about the most committed person to making this thing worth owning! THink I'll remain subscribed and watch how it all plays out.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
mighty_mace is offline
Find More Posts by mighty_mace
Registered User
mighty_mace's Avatar
Any interest in selling the servos for the ailerons? Having trouble finding any that fit


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log FlyFly Mirage2000 with NEW Inverted/Knife Edge/High Speed Videos! SkylineFlyer Foamy EDFs 105 Mar 06, 2011 12:26 AM
For Sale FlyFly 90mm F-4 ARTF SkylineFlyer Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 08, 2010 01:00 PM
Rave Huge FlyFly Sale Mix and Match 2 for $299.99 SkylineFlyer Foamy EDFs 0 Aug 31, 2010 10:20 PM
Discussion Which is best to buy for his flying behaves between FLYFLY MIRAGE or FLYFLY RAPTOR ? FedericoA Foamy EDFs 3 Jan 24, 2009 10:48 PM