Thread Tools
Jul 01, 2012, 06:35 AM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
thinking about getting this thing to fly better than last time,got p51 airborne stalled n crashed,left it in box since..
all repaired now,whats the best prop on a 2s,i tried a 6x6 got a little too hot.
6x4 ?? 6x5?? anyone tried on stock..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44
thinking about getting this thing to fly better than last time,got p51 airborne stalled n crashed,left it in box since..
all repaired now,whats the best prop on a 2s,i tried a 6x6 got a little too hot.
6x4 ?? 6x5?? anyone tried on stock..
I run mine on a 4.7 x 4.25 APC Prop.
Jul 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3kgt
I run mine on a 4.7 x 4.25 APC Prop.
hows it fly on that prop,hand launch ok?
Jul 01, 2012, 03:46 PM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
It flies alright. Is your plane correctly balanced? I needed 21gms of lead in mine.
Jul 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
yeah balanced ok,stuck about 28g of lead up front to balance it..
Jul 01, 2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
You're good to go.
Jul 02, 2012, 03:23 AM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
hopefully better than the first attempt.
damn thing just rolled over and wham,needed more airspeed on launch..
Jul 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
Throttle to 75% and launch. Make sure you throw it straight
and true.....Then you won't have to deal with that "P-51 thing"
Jul 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Beware - stupid as it sounds, check your ailerons and make sure they aren't reversed. . . . .
Jul 02, 2012, 11:56 AM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Beware - stupid as it sounds, check your ailerons and make sure they aren't reversed. . . . .
axactly the thing i tell others learning to fly,
seen it enough times,or actually plug em in
Jul 02, 2012, 12:13 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
I'm pretty experienced but I drilled this thing into the ground about 12 times before I thought to check it. It was such an obvious mistake I never thought about it. When I pre flighted I just looked for wiggling ailerons and didn't pay attention to the direction.
Jul 02, 2012, 01:01 PM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
had my p51 since spring last year.
just was not having it when hand launching,nosed after a stall,left in box since.
just decided to fix it n get it flying,first thing was a change of prop.
lot of nose weight, shall look at motor upgrade next to lose that some of that dead weight..
Jul 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
My very first RC plane launch (last year) I had the elevator reversed and smashed into the ground. Later I managed to have the alerons reversed which made for a short flight. I got a FMS 800mm Hellcat a while back and unsucessfully hand launched it three times I think. Down and left into the ground. Last week I threw it up at about a 45 degree angle and pretty hard. Made it up all three times. Maybe when all else fails, try that.
Jul 02, 2012, 07:00 PM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
My very first RC plane launch (last year) I had the elevator reversed and smashed into the ground. Later I managed to have the alerons reversed which made for a short flight. I got a FMS 800mm Hellcat a while back and unsucessfully hand launched it three times I think. Down and left into the ground. Last week I threw it up at about a 45 degree angle and pretty hard. Made it up all three times. Maybe when all else fails, try that.
i got fms 800 hellcat too,lovely plane hand launches no probs on apc 7x6.
Jul 02, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
bladefan's Avatar
oldsneakers,
what kind of scale is that? a fish scale? how accurate is it? i looked on amazon, and the ones I'm seeing have about 10gm resolution. seems too coarse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
I bought another prop to try on the corsair because those EP-6030's break very easily. That led me to youtube and a video on how to measure thrust with a fish scale. So I bought a $15 scale and tested the props. This method works really well.

Original 3 blade - 190 grams of thrust
APC 6x3 - 230 grams of thrust
EP-6030 - 280 grams of thrust

This corsair is so fast, I bet any of these will work fine.



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log FlyFly Mirage2000 with NEW Inverted/Knife Edge/High Speed Videos! SkylineFlyer Foamy EDFs 105 Mar 05, 2011 11:26 PM
For Sale FlyFly 90mm F-4 ARTF SkylineFlyer Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 08, 2010 12:00 PM
Rave Huge FlyFly Sale Mix and Match 2 for $299.99 SkylineFlyer Foamy EDFs 0 Aug 31, 2010 09:20 PM
Discussion Which is best to buy for his flying behaves between FLYFLY MIRAGE or FLYFLY RAPTOR ? FedericoA Foamy EDFs 3 Jan 24, 2009 09:48 PM