This thread is privately moderated by Inflexo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 11, 2010, 07:10 AM
Is my CG correct?
Hurts all the time. I wouldn't describe any of it as like needles, maybe more on fire in the foot, when I try to make that hurt it can really hurt, but not bad when i don't push it
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2010, 07:30 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
There's a message in there somewhere...

BJ
Nov 11, 2010, 07:37 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Sound like a trip to a podiatrist , probably find your ankles are rolled in due to collapsing arches , this affects the circulation through your ankles ( like carpal tunnel)
Worth checking anyway , doesn't cost much for a check , but does for custom orthodics
Nov 11, 2010, 09:06 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Aaah, sounds like a real regular medical centre in here.

My sciatic pain goes away when I keep active, riding the bike helps a bit now (now that I've changed to a better seat!), I also walk 2km after the ride to 'warm down'. Biggest thing for me is not to sit around, keep on my feet, keep things changing.

Circulation/muscle-tightening etc seem to be the creators of some really interesting feelings in the body.

My foot-arch thing is only infrequent and very mild, more of a "I can notice the feeling" rather than "Oh dear God, the PAIN!". My father on the other hand has lived with flat-feet for most of his life, custom footware does cost a bit but it seems to help a lot.

As for the dentist, I also finally went along a month or so ago... nothing like shelling out almost $1000 to have various things fixed up, still not bad for a 15 year stint without visiting.

Paul.
Nov 11, 2010, 09:07 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Oh yes, on some GOOD NEWS.... my Bogie 72" arrived today, complete with matching Scorpion motor (probably an overkill but it's a nice quality unit).

Hopefully tonight I can get some time to read the build/destruction manual.... rather than watching the new digital-TV channels
Nov 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
Is my CG correct?
At least I don't have flat feet. I have nice little harbour bridges under my feet!!

Check this vid out if you can. No falling asleep here!!

http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player....0365%26embed=1 These guys get the steel balls of the year award, no mistakes here
Nov 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
Not a Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu956
These guys get the steel balls of the year award, no mistakes here
Jeb Corliss also has a large set. Kane posted this in the DS thread the other day. Seriously. Why bother with a helmet? Guess the go-pro has to go somewhere
Jeb Corliss wing-suit demo (4 min 21 sec)
Nov 11, 2010, 10:19 PM
Not a Doctor
And I have always LOVED this video.

El Camino del Rey [High Quality] (6 min 31 sec)
Nov 11, 2010, 10:37 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Thread OP
Quote:
At least I don't have flat feet. I have nice little harbour bridges under my feet!!

I felt nervous and giddy watching that... unbelievable. I would have thought they'd at least pack a small chute to ensure they landed only mostly-maimed as opposed to dead if they fell off
Nov 12, 2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:

http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player....0365%26embed=1 These guys get the steel balls of the year award, no mistakes here
Eeeeezy stomach...*barf*

A lil bit of wee came out just watching that....

BJ
Nov 12, 2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_wantee
Jeb Corliss also has a large set. Kane posted this in the DS thread the other day. Seriously. Why bother with a helmet? Guess the go-pro has to go somewhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJmVJZbmIk
Some really nice shots around 2:58 - static from the ground looking at him, as opposed to the views from his various cams.

You really get the sensation of the speed he's doing, particularly the coming from/going away pan sequence.

Now that would be a buzz...

BJ
Nov 12, 2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
And I have always LOVED this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhR...eature=related
Makes me wonder how many did the *aaaaAAAHHHhhhhhh....(((THUD)))* thing when they were building that path....

BJ
Nov 12, 2010, 01:13 AM
Not a Doctor
Bit of history here.
http://www.vacationideas.me/europe/e...walkway-world/
Nov 12, 2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Hell yeh - I can soooo see myself doing that walk...

B
Nov 12, 2010, 07:42 AM
Life begins at transition
Quote:
Check this vid out if you can. No falling asleep here!! These guys get the steel balls of the year award, no mistakes here

dude, I climb cliffs for fun, but these guys are just nuts. Free climbing at 2000'???
I reckon a 'chute should be standard equipment. Much quicker, and downclimbing's always such a pain

Quick Reply